Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarven cradle  (Read 3245 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven cradle
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 12:09:45 pm »

+1
Imagine the sprawling baby stockpiles

I could only imagine the look on the face of a goblin snatcher if he walked into that room.
You just know some people would build baby stockpiles that are outside the fortress walls so snatchers would have an easier time...

Sumyunguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 01:35:07 pm »

+1
Imagine the sprawling baby stockpiles

I could only imagine the look on the face of a goblin snatcher if he walked into that room.
You just know some people would build baby stockpiles that are outside the fortress walls so snatchers would have an easier time...
I'd figure you could also build a room with magma-safe cradles and periodically clean excess babies with a flood of molten stone. Rinse and repeat.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 02:27:46 pm »

and periodically clean excess babies with a flood of molten stone
Made my day, that did.

Anyhow, this is certainly the kind of thing I'm all for. Means we can use women as workers even while they have children.
thincake

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 02:35:24 pm »

When were cribs invented?
Apparently modern cribs where invented by the 19 century. Before that it was the floor or parents arms I guess.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 10:46:43 pm »

+1
Would this work for orphans too?
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Kaljapelto

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2015, 09:12:30 am »

Great idea, +1.
Even though they make great meatshields.
Also, I've always wondered why dwarven kids don't play with toys.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2015, 01:52:18 pm »

+1
Would this work for orphans too?
Maybe if someone put them in, either the mother beforehand or another dwarf who finds a baby and an empty cradle. I don't think babies would be able to climb in on their own, but I don't know about dwarven babies who can apparently cling to a mother while she's hauling stone boulders...

Gargomaxthalus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2015, 02:07:02 pm »

When were cribs invented?
Apparently modern cribs where invented by the 19 century. Before that it was the floor or parents arms I guess.

Irrelevant. The whole 1500's thing was just Toady saying no to certain technologies like guns and factories. Some form of sane childcare, as opposed to Dwarven Child Care, would only improve gameplay.
Well lets see... at least half of what I say is complete bullshit. Hell the other half tends to be pretty sketchy...

OOOOHHHH,JUST SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AND MAYBE I'LL GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

javascript:void(0)
javascript:void(0)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 02:05:11 pm »

Now placed the suggestion on the voting page, perhaps I should've put it there a little earlier, but it's there now:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/eternal_voting.php

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 02:26:12 pm »

Well I did say modern cribs. But is not beyond reason that cribs were used before that.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 [2]