Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: A Dark Discovery(CYOP)  (Read 5462 times)

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Dark Discovery(CYOP)
« on: January 04, 2015, 01:43:59 am »

You are David Phillips, an ordained priest. You live alone, in a small apartment, but work with people constantly. You help feed the homeless, and act as a youth minister. You hear confessions and deliver communion at a church down the street. You've had your doubts, and put them to rest early in your career. You're still young and vital, having been ordained only 11 short months ago.

Today, Thursday, you received a package. It supposedly came from your great-uncle Jim. Uncle Jim was the black sheep of the family, and no one in the family had heard from him for years. The box is cardboard, hastily but securely duct-taped closed. The box feels heavy, and its contents shift when you pick it up. You hope they weren't damaged in the trip. It's getting late, but the box is intriguing. You could open the box, or go right to sleep and get an early start in the morning.

Physical State:
Well
Full
Tired
Sane

Choices:
1. Open the box.
2. Go to sleep.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: A Dark Discovery(CYOP)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 01:47:48 am »

Sleep. Best to have full energy when we open the box. Make sure to put the box in our strongbox if we have one. Probably important.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 01:49:33 am »

Sleep. Best to have full energy when we open the box. Make sure to put the box in our strongbox if we have one. Probably important.
Agreed. If the box was sent by the black sheep of the family, it must be something important, even more so, if it was hastily hobbled together.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 01:51:01 am »

Agreed. If the box was sent by the black sheep of the family, it must be something important, even more so, if it was hastily hobbled together.
+1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 02:07:08 am »

You look for a safe place to put the box. You decide to put it in your closet and lock the door. You pray, and then sleep.

You wake up and look at your calendar. No youth ministry functions on Fridays. No plans of any kind. You could head down to the church and see if anyone needs your guidance. Then again, you could open the box. Regardless, you're going to need breakfast, and you're out of eggs and milk. There's a store within walking distance.

The box weighs heavily on your mind. You've never even met Jim. Your mother said he was "always a little off". What could he have to send you?

Physical State:
Well
Full
Awake
Sane

Choices:
1. Go buy some eggs and milk.
2. Open the box.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 02:16:07 am »

((Maybe he left us his old haunted mansion with his cursed fortune?))

Open the box. We're still full anyways.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 02:37:50 am »

((Maybe he left us his old haunted mansion with his cursed fortune?))

Open the box. We're still full anyways.
+1.

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 02:49:37 am »

You unlock the closet, and take the box out. You set it on the floor and find some scissors. You carefully cut the box open. It contains a square object wrapped in dark cloth, a jar of ashes, 8 candles, and a stick of chalk. You unfold the cloth, and find a very old-looking book. The leather binding is very odd and crude. The cloth is a dark robe. A small envelope falls out of it. It's sealed with red wax, and a strange stamp.

This is a very strange package. You feel a terrible dread when you touch the book. A distant relative once told you that Jim was a satanist. Your first impulse is to throw the whole package in the garbage. However, you remember the words of Psalms 23:4. You have nothing to fear. If you treat this weird old man with compassion, you might even make a positive impact on him.

Physical Condition:
Well
Slightly hungry
Awake
Perturbed

Choices:

A. Go buy some eggs and milk.
B. Open the envelope.
C. Pack up the box, and throw it away.
D. Open the book.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 02:59:05 am by Slothman400 »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 02:59:13 am »

B. Read the envelope.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 03:06:34 am »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 03:08:53 am »

Dying of laughter?

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 03:23:54 am »

You open the envelope and remove a folded letter. You unfold it and begin to read.

Hello, David.
If you are reading this, I am dead.
I have some unusual last rites to be delivered, but I thought a priest would be the best person for them. I have a simple list of requests, but they must be followed to the letter. I cannot stress enough the importance of this. My requests are as follows:
1. Draw a chalk enneagram(circled nine pointed star) on the ground.
2. Place the enclosed candles at eight of the points.
3. Stand at the ninth point.
4. Place the enclosed book in the center of this star.
5. Sprinkle the enclosed ashes on the book.
6. This is the vitally important step. Read these words, EXACTLY as they are printed:
Ah(as in 'hot')-ree(as in 'read') No(as in 'no').

No matter your reservations about this kind of thing, can't you humor a dead man?

How do you react to that? You can't exactly grieve. You have no idea how he lived or died. You are quite sure he was a satanist, now. Or at least some kind of pagan. You certainly can't throw the box away. What are you going to do?

Physical Condition:
Well
Slightly Hungry
Awake
Perturbed

Choices:
1. Go buy some eggs and milk.
2. Open the book.
3. Perform his ritual.
4. Pray for his soul, then put away the box.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 03:57:17 am »

Go buy some milk and eggs first to calm down. Then have breakfast.
Dying of laughter?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 04:38:36 am »

Go buy some milk and eggs first to calm down. Then have breakfast.
+1. Also buy following: flour, flameless candles and crayons. We will use those instead of what uncle provided.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 12:05:18 pm »

You get dressed and walk to the store. You buy eggs and milk, then walk back home. You cook an omelette and eat it. You feel fine, physically, but the box nags at your mind. Eventually, you calm yourself. You decide what to do with the rest of your day.

Physical Condition:
Well
Full
Awake
Sane

Choices:
1. Do Jim's ritual.
2. Go to church.
3. Read Jim's book.
4. Watch TV.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9