Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Zoo12 - All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others.  (Read 5318 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

So, Zoo Tycoon.

Its a kinda fun, if a bit dull, game. It is all about building a zoo. Now, normally, this is not too taxing, save for self imposed challenges. So, I thought about self imposing a pretty silly challenge.

Building a Bay12 zoo. What could go wrong? Everything you say? Well, that's kind of the point.

Spoiler: Blank Slate (click to show/hide)

There is my nice blank slate. Notice the one keeper - me. This is where you come in. You will populate my zoo. You can claim a new identity as an animal, with whatever name you wish. Typical zoo fodder, of both genders, is available. Carnivores, herbivores, solitary and social creatures of which some like mixed species pens, of all major biomes, large and small sizes. I will try and satisfy any and all requests of how to be housed - sensible or not. Pick what sort of fences you want, how big you want your pen, and what fills it. Be unhappy as a penguin in a desert lion pen if you wish - just don't expect to live long. Be a chimp in a 15 by 15 pen all pimped out for you. Be a polar bear in a 1x1 pool. You can even be an employee (keeper, maintenance or tour guide). You could even work a minimum wage job as a drinks stall worker if you wish. I have abundant construction options at my disposal - just ask. The only problem might be money, but we will worry about that as and when it becomes a problem.

I will keep this thread updated with the day to day goings on at what will prove to be the most dysfunctional zoo in history.

Spoiler: List of Animals (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: List of Workers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Highlights (click to show/hide)
This is a blank sig.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I want to be a penguin, with a pool. Hopefully other penguins will come live here too!
Love, scriver~

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Be a chimp in a 15 by 15 pen all pimped out for you.
Make me this :P

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Behold!

Scriver the penguin, in his small domain of ice and deep water. Oh, and the ridiculously big 15x15 Pimpanzee exhibit for darkpaladin109, which cost most of my monies.

I might have to play for a while now to earn some cash.

Spoiler: Highlights (click to show/hide)
This is a blank sig.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

The silly monkey cannot have a bigger domain than the EMPEROR! I demand a frozen throne to sit upon! And stop importing bananas! :P
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

lol ptw
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

It is clear that this Zoo needs more Bengal Tigers.

Birdy the Bengal Tiger reporting for duty. To save money, just put me in with Darkpaladin. I'm pretty sure there won't be any major issues doing that.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Zoo12 - The chimp is dead, long live the penguin.
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 03:34:20 pm »

The silly monkey cannot have a bigger domain than the EMPEROR! I demand a frozen throne to sit upon! And stop importing bananas! :P

Spoiler: Happy feet? (click to show/hide)

Lord "high and mighty" Scriver the penguin has been bought a nice large ice cliff in order for him to climb up and look down upon us all. Hope he likes it, and does not fall off it and die or something.

It is clear that this Zoo needs more Bengal Tigers.

Birdy the Bengal Tiger reporting for duty. To save money, just put me in with Darkpaladin. I'm pretty sure there won't be any major issues doing that.

Birdy seems to like his new enclosure - who would have thought chimps and tigers would have such similar environmental requirements. Not too sure that Darkpaladin109 likes his new playmate though...

Spoiler: OMNOMNOM (click to show/hide)

Well, that saves one food bill. Birdy eats Darkpaladin109 to claim the Pimpanzee pen as his own. As such, it is going to be remodelled with a small pool in the place of the now useless monkey bars.

Spoiler: BirdyCage (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:41:43 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Again, but when possible, make it a 30 by 30 pen!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

That would be prohibitively large and expensive. I could give you a modest one for now if that is ok?
This is a blank sig.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would be prohibitively large and expensive. I could give you a modest one for now if that is ok?
Sure. Just upgrade it to 30 by 30 when you can!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

I must ask: Marina Mania? Dinosaur Digs?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

I must ask: Marina Mania? Dinosaur Digs?

Nope, just base game.
This is a blank sig.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Sure. Just upgrade it to 30 by 30 when you can!

Following the untimely eating of Darkpaladin109, we have purchased a replacement - Darkpaladin109 Jr. He will be housed in a far more modest chimp pen, as shown:

3 exhibits now - still only one keeper, and no other staff or attractions. Our nice low ticket price keeps people coming to see the animals, though, and our overall rating is good for a small zoo. As such, I am now beginning to turn a small profit. We could probably afford one more small pen, or a few staff members or stalls, depending on what you guys want to inflict on me.

This is a blank sig.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile

Operator of a food stall, donuts/ice-cream.  Slightly above average pricing.  Highlight-themed names for products if allowed, ie, Bengal Surprise, etc.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...
Pages: [1] 2 3