Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 87

Author Topic: No Man's Sky - 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets to explore  (Read 146242 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No Man's Sky - 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets to explore
« Reply #840 on: August 13, 2016, 05:43:33 pm »

Probably, if you can run it. All that's really missing from that cocktail is construction, and that's coming.

--

Grr. Trying to find a ship model I want with a good internal layout is such a nightmare. Q.Q

Well I meet the minimum requirements. It says min CPU is an i3, and mine is an i5 660. That should be "playable" right? Everything else I'm WAY ahead of in the requirements.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 13, 2016, 05:50:00 pm »

okay now i'm mostly bothered by the fact that nobody gets the number in the title right; i've seen 1.8 quintillion, 18 billion, 1.8 trillion and variations on that a lot

i really wish they hadn't kept using the base 10 one instead of just saying the perfectly accurate and concise "264", which would still give people that "wow" feeling if they just, like, open up their pocket calculators everyone has these days

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 13, 2016, 06:01:19 pm »

Probably, if you can run it. All that's really missing from that cocktail is construction, and that's coming.

--

Grr. Trying to find a ship model I want with a good internal layout is such a nightmare. Q.Q

Well I meet the minimum requirements. It says min CPU is an i3, and mine is an i5 660. That should be "playable" right? Everything else I'm WAY ahead of in the requirements.

Should be, but don't take my word as absolute truth.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 13, 2016, 06:01:38 pm »

I finally found a barren planet but it managed to actually be more crowded than the other planets because it was a wildlife sanctuary for the rare and endangered gravioli ball, which is probably endangered because they're 27500 spacebucks a piece.

It's what's really killing the game for me.  I want to feel like I'm wandering through uncharted reaches and seeing things nobody's seen before but everywhere I go there's a trading post and a fucking mcdonalds.
Shoes...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 13, 2016, 06:37:18 pm »

--

It supports sse 4.1, at least. If it's still horrifically slow, you can always refund it.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 13, 2016, 07:07:26 pm »

Grr. Trying to find a ship model I want that I can afford is such a nightmare. Q.Q
FTFY
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 13, 2016, 07:09:45 pm »

--

Should be, but don't take my word as absolute truth.

It's seriously a toss-up at this point. I have heard that it runs badly on NVidia cards and AMD cards and all kinds of other things. It's one of the weirdest launches I've seen, since at least Arkham Knight was consistently bad.

I would actually just buy the game on Steam and get a refund if it doesn't run, that's probably the most reliable way to test. I did that with SFV and it went real smoothly.

Main problem is that steam refunds are in steam wallet funds.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 13, 2016, 07:12:09 pm »

Strange. When I considered refunding NMS and the one time I actually refunded a game, I'm pretty sure it gave me an option to refund to steam wallet or the card used.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 13, 2016, 07:27:56 pm »

yeah, you can get it refunded both ways. I assume refunding is a lot higher chance of being accepted when it goes to steam funds. But if next month when I buy this and it doesn't work, I'm putting the cash back in my bank lol. 60 dollars is kinda a lot (for me) if a game doesn't work, can use that cash for something else.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 13, 2016, 08:12:52 pm »

I always refund to my card and it never rejects.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 13, 2016, 08:15:02 pm »

yeah, you can get it refunded both ways. I assume refunding is a lot higher chance of being accepted when it goes to steam funds. But if next month when I buy this and it doesn't work, I'm putting the cash back in my bank lol. 60 dollars is kinda a lot (for me) if a game doesn't work, can use that cash for something else.
Why don't you wait for a sale? I think everyone here would recommend you at least wait because there's still features down the pipe and the price will only go down.

Also they might solve the technical problems then too.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 13, 2016, 08:35:17 pm »

Why don't you wait for a sale? I think everyone here would recommend you at least wait because there's still features down the pipe and the price will only go down.

Also they might solve the technical problems then too.

yeah, suppose no point buying it so early with the issues it has. Plus if there is no building things yet, I probably would go back to starbound :P I imagine later on when content gets put in (like building) it'll be worth it. And I'll save some money since it'll likely be cheaper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 13, 2016, 09:21:54 pm »

Ok after playing this for. 7 hours I can officially say!

Don't buy this game.

Ok... Ignore all the issues the game has, ignore the shallowness, how it achieves variety it is all unimportant.

What KILLS this game... MURDERS it dead... is the Grinding.

This game wants to compete with MMOs in the field of tedious grinding.

Yet... You know... a lot of games are grindy, should I REALLY hold it against the game?

Well... then there is the fact that you will unlock everything outside buffs... usually on the first or second planet... Essentially you beat the game one planet in as far as seeing content (well sort of). So you are grinding for nothing but incremental numbers.

HOLY COW do I regret this purchase... I really do wish I pirated it just to test it out... then I could have deleted it and saved myself 60 bucks.

---

I am honestly impressed... I had really low expectations but I was expecting like... Spore's Space Stage+ or Spore Space Stage-... Like around that level of tedium and quasi-enjoyment.

I didn't think it was just this extremely boring.

---

Tip! Use the Mining Laser on the ship for Dog Fights... The enemy can maneuver WAY better than you can making dog fighting against ships nearly useless.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 09:34:21 pm by Neonivek »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 13, 2016, 09:42:52 pm »

You could always try refunding it anyways, I suppose. For false advertising, for instance.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 87