Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 87

Author Topic: No Man's Sky - 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets to explore  (Read 145955 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: No Man's Sky - 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets to explore
« Reply #645 on: August 11, 2016, 08:28:49 pm »

Yeah, but it's still possible to play offline, though you don't get the effects other players have on the galaxy and (probably) can't get the units for uploading discoveries. Note that everyone was still playing even when the server was down. Sorta like playing E:D in "single player", except without DRM to force you to be online anyways.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 11, 2016, 08:50:19 pm »

The first impressions (after two days) from RPS is the best review-thing I've read yet I think. It displays the love-hate relationship I'm sure most if not all players will have with the game, without going into some sort of "This isn't Minecraft GTA" downward spiral.
It points out all the silly stuff and shortcomings in a way that the developers could read and think "I wonder if more people think like this. Can we fix or change it?".

It also makes the issues of mixing PC and Console game ideas/paradigms/design choices more obvious. "A PC game made for console that doesn't fit in properly in any of them" is a thing I kept thinking as development progressed.
Don't get me wrong, I'll still enjoy the game a lot. I just hope everyone learns from this project, from publishers, to devs, players and journalists.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 08:51:56 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 11, 2016, 08:56:37 pm »

> 1.8×1019

Ugh. SO INACCURATE.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 11, 2016, 09:08:46 pm »

So the PC version comes out tomorrow, right? What time exactly, in PST?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 11, 2016, 09:11:52 pm »

It's in 14 hours, from the time of this post.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 11, 2016, 09:13:20 pm »

It's 1 PM EST. So, what, 10 AM for you guys?

3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #651 on: August 11, 2016, 09:14:42 pm »

Okay so that RPS first impressions article actually makes me want to try the game. Fuck. I was enjoying hating it a bit. :-)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 11, 2016, 09:30:31 pm »

Okay so that RPS first impressions article actually makes me want to try the game. Fuck. I was enjoying hating it a bit. :-)

Bahaha, got one!

I've also looked around on a few comments and it's hilarious. A lot of people asking things like, "So, did they fail?".
I mean..that's the kind of question I'll keep asking on the next Chucklefish or Keen Software House projects. Guess people are new to the hate game.  :P
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 11, 2016, 09:43:40 pm »

3. Run Resize Enable

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 11, 2016, 09:48:10 pm »

This releases 5am tomorrow for me.

Guess who's not sleeping tonight? :P
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 11, 2016, 09:52:52 pm »

nopenopenope
Okay, THAT was awesome.
Why didn't he pull out his gun or whatever and shoot it when it started charging towards him?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 11, 2016, 10:03:28 pm »

Official news.

Sean Murray | August 12, 2016

ISSUES

We’re tracking a number of issues, bugs and crashes that players are reporting, and working to resolve as soon as possible.

The number of people players, and length of average play session, has been far more than our small team could have anticipated. That said, we’re working quickly to adapt.

We sincerely apologise to anyone affected in the meantime.

Here are some things to be aware of:

We’ve brought a new QA team on board today (larger than the entire Hello Games team!). This will complement the existing Sony QA team.
    We are working on fixes for the most critical issues, which will be in a patch in the near future.
    We will be moving to a ticketed support system next week, and have hired someone to manage this starting Monday.
    Some information will be posted in the Sony forums here http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Games-Services/bd-p/22190
    Or contact Hello Games here http://www.no-mans-sky.com/support/

Workarounds

Here are some workarounds for some known issues:

If you believe you are stuck, or can’t reach your ship, be aware you can jetpack forever whilst pushing against any surface
    If you have made a mistake – you can revert to any of your two previous saves in the Options Menu
    If you have left your ship somewhere inaccessible, you will be able to summon it from landing pads or beacons found at most buildings or points of interest (marked by question marks)

It has been reported that some players have not received a pre-order bonus. In most cases so far, the player has either not redeemed their bonus correctly from the PS store or from the Options Menu. Also sometimes players have received the bonus, but the name displayed in-game was incorrect. The Alpha Vector ship is named Domanish S84 in-game, and (in the US) the Rezosu AZ65 is named Final Shadow XIV in game.

It has been reported that using the pre-order bonus ship will leave some players stranded, if they purchase or transfer to a new ship that does not have a hyperdrive (if done very early in game). In most cases the player is actually able to continue (107 of the 135 reports emailed so far). The game already detects the player needs a hyperdrive and directs them to a nearby NPC who will give the player the hyperdrive they need. Some other players were able to resolve this issue by restarting their console.

Hopefully this helps some players. If you still are having issues, please contact Hello Games support here:

mailto:support@hellogames.co.uk

For those this does not help, please know we are working to resolve these issues as soon as possible in a patch. This will include crash fixes also.

Thank you,

Sean

3. Run Resize Enable

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 12, 2016, 05:10:43 am »

Hello everyone

I bought it yesterday for PS4 and have played it about 4 hours.
It is as expected, - not the game to end all other games, but a nice entertainment that I plan spend a good lump of hours in.  :)

However, I must share one recommendation with other new players to avoid frustration: Sell minerals not for imidiate use!
The amount of different things you can carry* and store is very, very low, so my previous (Witcher 3) hoarding is impossible, - and at first it hurts to sell potential rare resources.
I have now visited about 6 planets, and it newer seemed difficult to find or buy anything that is specifically needed.
So keep a stock of the diffent kinds of fuel needed, sell the rest, and learn that hunting for anything specific actually is a large part of the game you paid for.  :)  It forces you to explore, - not stockplie potentialy needed resources.

(* I have on the planets already found a structure that gave one more carry slot 3 times, so it gets better.)
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 12, 2016, 06:19:42 am »

Nah, Minecraft was inspired by Infiniminer.

And to clarify, I totally understand that NMS isn't for everyone. But it's annoying when people who clearly don't want the experience it delivers seem determined to bitch and moan about how it isn't whatever they were projecting onto it...
you mean the experience that was advertised by sony and they paid 60 bucks for that they cant refund? how dare people be angry that they spent 60 bucks on a game that turned out to be something else entirely! maybe the reason they're not playing something else is bc they spent 60 bucks on this.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 87