Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 87

Author Topic: No Man's Sky - 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets to explore  (Read 145791 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: No Man's Sky - 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets to explore
« Reply #555 on: August 10, 2016, 02:24:06 pm »

The thing about preorders is that you can take them back if reviews look bad! We don't do anything with the money but apply it to your game when it comes out. Hard to be a scam when you can get your money back no questions asked. So, do your damn homework just like we've been doing here, and if you want a game, plunk $5 down on it and we'll hold one for you. If you don't want it, get your $5 back, and we'll sell it to someone else. Plain and simple.
If online preorders were a $5 reservation thing, I'd guess people would be less bothered by it. But they aren't.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 10, 2016, 02:31:18 pm »

The thing about preorders is that you can take them back if reviews look bad! We don't do anything with the money but apply it to your game when it comes out. Hard to be a scam when you can get your money back no questions asked. So, do your damn homework just like we've been doing here, and if you want a game, plunk $5 down on it and we'll hold one for you. If you don't want it, get your $5 back, and we'll sell it to someone else. Plain and simple.
If online preorders were a $5 reservation thing, I'd guess people would be less bothered by it. But they aren't.
You can actually put an online reserve through to your home store through the website with no money down. Totally free, we'll still hold a copy.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 10, 2016, 02:36:43 pm »

Yeah, can't blame the man for this. He outright states, multiple times, that this is not a multiplayer game..

There are as much quotes of him telling the press it isn't competitive multiplayer but players will be able to meet each others

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 10, 2016, 02:44:35 pm »

You can actually put an online reserve through to your home store through the website with no money down. Totally free, we'll still hold a copy.
This probably only applies to the US, Canada and (non-Europoor) Europe, though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 10, 2016, 02:50:50 pm »

Yeah, can't blame the man for this. He outright states, multiple times, that this is not a multiplayer game..

There are as much quotes of him telling the press it isn't competitive multiplayer but players will be able to meet each others

And also quotes about it being lobby'd multiplayer where players wouldn't be able to see all other players.

Never mind the potential for stuff they can't control like people playing through Strict NAT.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 10, 2016, 02:59:19 pm »

IIRC Steam can do NAT punchthrough. Does PS4 not provide the same capability to developers?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 10, 2016, 03:05:01 pm »

And also quotes about it being lobby'd multiplayer where players wouldn't be able to see all other players.

Never mind the potential for stuff they can't control like people playing through Strict NAT.

"the only way to see what you look like is to look at another player if you find them"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 10, 2016, 03:42:34 pm »

First day of release: videos of "The Developer Lied!" with no evidence and no statement from the company.

When I was a kid, somehow I thought the gaming industry wouldn't become this.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 10, 2016, 03:53:21 pm »

This probably only applies to the US, Canada and (non-Europoor) Europe, though.
Well, I work in the US for an American company, so I can only give you my point of view and the rules of said company.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 10, 2016, 04:27:17 pm »

Yep, back to not reading about this game anymore. I knew that people were going to make a real shit-show out of it but I didn't think it would be this bad.

* IronTomato goes back to sleeping until he can download his copy

Seriously, I don't see why people are so surprised about what kind of game it is. The trailers say "Survive, fight, explore, trade" or whatever, and that's what you do, but for some reason people didn't get it until now. I don't see why everyone made it out to be fucking rocket science.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 04:29:39 pm by IronTomato »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 10, 2016, 04:33:28 pm »

people feeling cheated because of shitty marketing? looks like i was also right about that :v

really though, the marketing very obviously encouraged this kind of hype. they deserve any shit they get, even if they say "we didn't TECHNICALLY lie!!"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 10, 2016, 04:38:16 pm »

"the only way to see what you look like is to look at another player if you find them"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A

If we were to make a game where we synchronized every player, what they were doing with every other player, then that would be impossible and no one has ever done that. What we can do is, like many games that you have at the moment, where you are flying around with an open lobby. People are coming into that lobby and leaving it – like if you play Watch Dogs or something like that. Effectively, we have players joining your discrete space.

And the server was offline for most of launch day, hence discovery upload being down. So no player matching. Even if they hadn't also said that not all players could match with all other players.

Please, at least try to educate yourself on what's going on instead of repeating rantings from the steam forums verbatim.

IIRC Steam can do NAT punchthrough. Does PS4 not provide the same capability to developers?
Possibly not. It's also possible that they might not have used it--for example, I couldn't do Warframe multiplayer because of my NAT setting, despite playing it through Steam. If it's their own network infrastructure that could very well be a problem. Or, as above, it could just have been that the matchmaking wasn't working because the server was down. Or they deactivated multiplayer at launch to help reduce the load on the server and didn't think anyone would find each other that quickly.

people feeling cheated because of shitty marketing? looks like i was also right about that :v

really though, the marketing very obviously encouraged this kind of hype. they deserve any shit they get, even if they say "we didn't TECHNICALLY lie!!"
Sean has literally spent the past two years saying that this is not a multiplayer game, that you're not going to be able to interact meaningfully with other players, and that people who want that should play games that offer it. If some loony ignores all of that and daydreams about NMS being a MMO Space Minecraft then assumes that that's how the game is going to be, that's not marketing, it's mental illness.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 10, 2016, 04:42:21 pm »

So what IS this game? Explore the vast emptiness of space simulator 2016?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 10, 2016, 04:44:19 pm »

Sean has literally spent the past two years saying that this is not a multiplayer game, that you're not going to be able to interact meaningfully with other players, and that people who want that should play games that offer it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 10, 2016, 04:46:46 pm »

Sean has literally spent the past two years saying that this is not a multiplayer game, that you're not going to be able to interact meaningfully with other players, and that people who want that should play games that offer it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0uYnwqlslU&feature=youtu.be&t=1m33s

^ this one million time this, but people denial is up to 11 it seems. (same argument you can find from Sean in the video I linked) if the CEO q&a aren't an official statement then I don't know what else could get these people out of stendhal's
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 04:50:21 pm by LoSboccacc »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 87