Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 87

Author Topic: No Man's Sky - 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets to explore  (Read 145988 times)

GrayFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No Man's Sky - 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets to explore
« Reply #195 on: April 06, 2016, 09:40:09 pm »

This thread is really getting me down. It seems like everyone's just talking about how the game will definitely absolutely objectively suck. Why can we get hyped over other games but not this one?

I don't get it either, and it's not just this forum. it's like they legitimately want people to be unhappy. Look forward to something and everyone has to crap on it as much as they can. I can point out everything I like, then they just insist that somehow I'm wrong about what I like.  I think some just actively want it to be a bad game or something. I don't know. I've seen places where it's far, far worse than this topic too. I want June already. Then I can just play and quit arguing with people about it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:54:07 pm by GrayFox »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 06, 2016, 10:24:47 pm »

How dare people disagree with you! They're clearly only saying that because for some reason they hate happiness! Not because they have an opinion or anything!
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

GrayFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 06, 2016, 11:15:32 pm »

How dare people disagree with you! They're clearly only saying that because for some reason they hate happiness! Not because they have an opinion or anything!

wow... calm down... I never said you couldn't disagree. I just think people are being needlessly harsh and hostile about this game. Then those who are actually looking forward to it are somehow absolutely wrong & the worst ever... wtf. if it honestly offends you, I can delete that previous post, if it allows me.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 11:25:19 pm by GrayFox »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 07, 2016, 12:50:37 am »

I mean, most nerds would give their *insert pretty much any body part* to be part of a rag-tag bunch of explorers careening through the universe, visiting strange new worlds with exotic aliens and having wild, raunchy sex with them.
FTFY.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 07, 2016, 02:32:53 am »

What is this, Star Trek?!

...Are you for real? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 07, 2016, 03:10:44 am »

Yes?
I was really just annoyed mainly at:
it's like they legitimately want people to be unhappy.
Along with:
I think some just actively want it to be a bad game or something.

Seriously. I, and other people, can have an opinion and state it in this thread. No need to say things like "DO YOU HATE HAPPINESS?" (slight exaggeration but still) just because someone disagrees with you.
And I'd probably buy (not preorder) the game if it was cheaper. It sounds like it could be fun. Just not as fun as the internet has been hyping it up to be up until recently.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 03:12:49 am by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

GrayFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 07, 2016, 07:53:38 am »

Sorry, I wasn't personally directing anything at you. I just think a lot of the arguments surrounding this game are unbelievably harsh. I'm not saying it's wrong to have an opinion. I'm not even as interested in debating about it anymore. I just want to wait for the game now.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 07, 2016, 07:59:50 am »

I have noticed a trend of Bay12 all piling on unreleased games to say how terrible they are. 
Becomes kind of disheartening after a while when you have 10+ pages of people describing at length exactly what shades of shit it's going to be. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 07, 2016, 10:06:00 am »

There is also weird defensive backlash about the same sort of stuff. 

I was legitimately looking forward to and excited about xcom2, but lots of the previews just looked silly so I wanted to make fun of them.  Because making fun of silly stuff is fun, even if you are a fan of it.

The backlash on the forum thread was out of proportion crazy, so I left the fanbois to get on with their fanboism in peace.  I'm still actually a fan of the game and the franchise, I just had no desire to discuss it with those folks anymore.

Whats wierd is the folks that really need their point of view to be respected / acknowledged / seen as RIGHT / validated by people who disagree with them. 

F.F.S., get on with your life and go post somewhere where you're not hurting people feelings.  Don't get all upset because people aren't as emotionally mature as you and they can't handle criticism of their beloved vaporware, or they cant handle criticism of their dour pessimistic attitudes, or WHATEVER it is that they cant handle.  Belaboring either side of it isn't making ANYONE look good here.

The real problem with NMS is the cultural imperialism and the lack of equal racial, gender, and economic representation.  I haven't seen a single anthro in any of the previews, and that's just discriminatory.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 07, 2016, 10:07:16 am »

Nobody has actually said it will be terrible here.  They're simply pointing out ways it could be terrible, based on the available information, and generally giving pretty well thought out rationales for their thought process. 

If their logic convinces you the game might not be as good as you thought, and that makes you unhappy, that's too bad, but I don't see anyone here trying to make people unhappy.  More like they're trying to point some of the more wildly hyped people in the direction of reality. 

One of the main purposes of forums is to bring together disparate opinions on a subject and hash them out logically.  If only one side of a debate is interested in that, and the other side just wants to say "No, you're wrong, and you're mean" then it degenerates into something like this thread...  Of course, the people trying to support the hype of the game are at a pretty major disadvantage in such a debate, what with the lack of information available to them to prove their point.  There are a lot of examples of bad games with similar claims, but really no examples of this game. 

The fact is, it's a lot easier to argue something might not meet wild expectations than to argue it will when you have very little information to go on.  Which is why many people try to avoid those wild expectations in the first place, they're really not logical. 

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 07, 2016, 10:17:35 am »

One of the main purposes of forums is to bring together disparate opinions on a subject and hash them out logically.

lol.  I would like to visit your world, sir.  It sounds like an admirable and amazing place.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 07, 2016, 10:54:41 am »

Perhaps I should have said "The theoretical purpose of forums".

And I meant forums as in places to have discussions, not just internet forums.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 07, 2016, 10:57:34 am »

I have noticed a trend of Bay12 all piling on unreleased games to say how terrible they are. 

To be fair, I have noticed a trend of unreleased games turning out to be terrible.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 07, 2016, 11:06:45 am »

Becomes kind of disheartening after a while when you have 10+ pages of people describing at length exactly what shades of shit it's going to be. :P

Some threads can get very upper boards, but at least we don't have people unironically arguing that a game with decent graphics must have terrible gameplay like we did in the 40d days.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

GrayFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 07, 2016, 11:22:10 am »

Totally opinion based, warning of that right now, but rarely does a game I'm hyped about turn out awful. To me, at least. I usually have a complaint or two while loving whatever game. If it does turn out awful, to me, which is rare, then I usually had major doubts the whole time. I dont have any major doubts about NMS. I'm pretty good at predicting what I'll,  personally, like. I'm just sad that so many people are harsh and pessimistic, though it's entirely their right to feel that way. The gaming world has given plenty of reasons to feel like that. But I'm not psychic,  as  far as I know, so take what you will from this post.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:29:13 am by GrayFox »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 87