Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Something interesting just happened in the caverns underneath my fortress.......  (Read 1332 times)

Khorinis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some Troglodytes appeared underground ,despite the existence of already enough elk birds and crundles, and they decided to harrass my dwarves. Not having a real military yet, I sent my best dwarf after them, the expedition leader. My expedition leader engaged one of the thugs and started to beat him up as expected. But then my shearer decided to help my expedition leader and grabbed the Troglodyte by his upper back teeth(!) and threw him away. The problem was that he threw him in the direction of my expedtion leader, who got hit by the troglodytes body and then in turn slammed into an innocent bystander (fisherdwarf). My expedition leader and the fishderdwarf fell down 9 z-levels (which is about 18 meters) and died on the spot while the Troglodyte fell on a platform only a few meters below, but he was also badly injured, the shearer who triggered this miserable event took care of him and finished him off.

I found this to be pretty funny, so I decided to post it here  :)

Have a nice day

Khorinis

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile

They're funny things, troglodytes. I had some appear unexpectedly in a dry holding chamber above my aquifer-fed waterfall once. Opened the floodgate, and trog blood fell in the first wave of the sheet waterfall. It was sort of like breaking a bottle of champagne across the bow of a ship....
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile

A group of 19 troglodytes actually killed my legendary sword master. I got annoyed because they killed my precious cave spider, so I sent the sword master after them. They somehow managed to knock him out and eventually killed him. A guy in masterwork iron, with a copper shield and a steel long sword artifact. Beaten by 19 troglodytes. This guy got to legendary by killing dozens of goblins. (I used embark anywhere to embark on a goblin pit) Troglodytes have moments of amazing strength sometimes. Crundles are the true pathetic ones.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:50:22 pm by StagnantSoul »
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

19 Troglodytes? Now that's gangsta!

Khorinis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A group of 19 troglodytes actually killed my legendary sword master. I got annoyed because they killed my precious cave spider, so I sent the sword master after them. They somehow managed to knock him out and eventually killed him. A guy in masterwork iron, with a copper shield and a steel long sword artifact. Beaten by 19 troglodytes. This guy got to legendary by killing dozens of goblins. (I used embark anywhere to embark on a goblin pit) Troglodytes have moments of amazing strength sometimes. Crundles are the true pathetic ones.
hahaha crundles :D

They try to harm my farmers but as soon as they grab one of my dwarves with their claws my dwarf just breaks the grip and runs away.
They are annoying but no real harm, but yes Troglodytes have a hard punch sometimes