Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Things not drowning?  (Read 911 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Things not drowning?
« on: January 02, 2015, 05:57:36 pm »

I set up a moat and spent two years bucket brigade filling it. So now most water is at 5-7 filled. Yet things aren't drowning? The couple goblins I threw in are fine, just climbed out and started walking around. I tried this with a yak cow, then an aardvark. Nothing's drowning. Why?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Things not drowning?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 06:01:15 pm »

Things will only drown if the water is 7/7 and they can't swim. Being in 5-7 water does nothing but train the goblins swimming.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 06:44:04 pm »

...Aw... Ohwell. Another couple months of bucket brigading, maybe a couple crocodiles and this moat will be a death pit.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 06:46:18 pm »

...Aw... Ohwell. Another couple months of bucket brigading, maybe a couple crocodiles and this moat will be a death pit.

LOL

How big was the pit?
Maybe you can try dropping something heavy.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 06:50:24 pm »

The floor is lead, and the pit has a 3 z level drop before hitting one z level of water.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 06:56:44 pm »

The floor is lead, and the pit has a 3 z level drop before hitting one z level of water.

Well just in case you don't know, you can design multiple zones ( "i" the zone and press enter to create a new one, use "v" to switch), a new zone will grant a new fill pond job if you have enough water source, or build enough wells.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!