Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dungeon Raiders!  (Read 3282 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Dungeon Raiders!
« on: January 01, 2015, 09:27:51 pm »

Recently, a new video game called Raid of Dungeon has appeared. It's one of those new virtual reality games, so you can literally see into the game, feel inside the game, and basically live a second life in the game. You and your friends are the lucky few who can afford the virtual reality console, so all of you decide to buy RoD and become the best raiders in the game. The maps are randomly generated, with each boss only defeatable once. Once a boss is beaten and the dungeon is looted, the dungeon collapses and a new dungeon is spawned. Thanks to a super-advanced AI, all dungeons are designed to be beatable, albeit challenging.

There are six players to choose from, but only four will be able to afford a console for now. You should choose four of the six and assign a class to them. (They have best friends in the group. That gives a bonus later on)

Players:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Classes:

There are many things that are unrevealed by the game's trailer. What you do know is that you'll have to find dungeons yourself (ie. you'll have to search old tomes, ask seedy sailors, use ancient magics, etc. to find a dungeon.) You'll have to compete for dungeon loot (Loot goes to the party who defeats the boss first and finds the Key. Any other party keeps whatever loot and exp they've gained, but the best loot is from killing the boss.)

There are three races (that are purely cosmetic). Dwarf, Human, Elf. Because you'll actually control the bodies of the characters in VR, you can't change your real height and weight, because you're virtual body and real mind will have trouble getting used to it. Things like hair color and eye color and ear shape can be changed easily though. You can specify what race each player will be and what they're appearance is if you want, but it's not necessary. 

A bunch of classes are unlockable, and they can be found in dungeons. There are no strict quests in the game, like kill 5 goblin, etc. The gameplay isn't strictly combat, either. Crafting items is very important and lucrative, and most ingredients are obtained in dungeons.

(Just in case you're thinking, no, you won't be trapped in the game and death isn't permanent a la Sword Art Online.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Raiders!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 09:28:08 pm »

Party screen:

Sarah/ElvesRule43:

Roger/Roger:

Neil/GetBent69:

Rachel/xRachelMathewsx:

Each in-game 'turn' is 15 seconds. A 1 minute cooldown would take 4 turns. A regular attack takes 5 seconds. Moving your full movement speed is 10 seconds. You can move farther by spending more time, such as using the full 15 seconds of a turn, which would add half of your speed to your regular speed. Sprinting will double your movement speed, but you cannot move the next turn (you can still attack, cast spells, etc.)

The game is 'real time' as in, enemies and you act at the same time. For simplicity, unless otherwise stated, you will always attack first.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:52:40 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 09:31:26 pm »

No healbots?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 09:32:56 pm »

Character 2, Class 5.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 09:34:40 pm »

No healbots?

Anything with support in it's description has healing capabilities, such as Wizard, Bard and Ranger. Potions are also plentiful and vital, and they can be crafted by anyone.

Character 2, Class 5.

You choose four players and assign classes to them, instead of just one.
Dying of laughter?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 09:35:41 pm »

I know, that was just the one I came up with. Can't miss making a shy bard, after all.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 09:50:14 pm »

Sarah is ranger, Roger the rouge, Neil as guardian,  Rachel as bard.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 09:53:26 pm »

Sounds good, although it'd be really funny if the rich kid was one of the two who couldn't afford a console.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 10:26:37 pm »

If there are no other suggestions for the party setup, I'll start the game.
Dying of laughter?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 10:40:44 pm »

I feel like we should have a wizard.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 10:42:20 pm »

Well, we do have two half-casters and a further character who can become a cleric.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 11:19:53 pm »

Well, we do have two half-casters and a further character who can become a cleric.
...who is also our tank. That said except plain and square magic we are pretty equipped in everything.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 11:29:16 pm »

...who is also our tank. That said except plain and square magic we are pretty equipped in everything.
Hey, if we need to rely on a tank, something's not being done right. Play the game smart, and all that.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 11:42:21 pm »

The party logs on, wearing their VR gear and pressing ON. It's time for the game to officially start it's servers in 10 minutes. The party, for today, decided to do a sleepover at Sarah's penthouse. A TV is wired to the console to let Daniel and Michael watch the party and communicate with them through headphones. They're planning to save up and join the party later on.

The party logs in, and they are taken to the character creation screen. Sarah becomes an elf Ranger with leaf-green hair. Roger chooses Rogue and picks human as his race. He basically looks the same as in real life, except with a basic ranger outfit. Neil has become a dwarf Guardian, but he's a really tall dwarf since he can't change his in-game height. Rachel becomes a human bard, with blue hair and optional glasses (she really doesn't need them, but Sarah thought it was cute and talked her into it).

They all spawn in a cathedral-esque building with incredibly high stone walls. Statues line the ground floor and spaces in the walls are full of them. The rock is chiseled with runic script and images of heroes fighting giant monsters. Several arched windows line the structure, letting faint-blue light pass through into the room. The party members cannot move, until Daniel tells them through the mic that they're all statues. The party hears cracks and they feel themselves falling into the ground, able to move. Shards of stone lay before them as they enter the new world. A faint chanting is heard, and a double-door suddenly appears at the end of the room.

A giant yet bone-thin man opens the door. "Welcome to the Islands of Eternity. This is Sanctum, the room where all heroes are given life." As he's talking, the party sees many more statues crack and adventurers sluggishly take their first steps. The statues high up on the walls break as well, and those heroes are enveloped by light and are taken to the bottom floor. The party and all the rest flock to the giant man.

"I know all of you are eager to delve into deep dungeons of death and destruction, but first you must learn the basics. A thousand years ye have remained statues, so I suspect you've forgotten your skills. You are needed once more, for the Dungeon Islands have risen up from the sea, and you must sink them." The giant man turns and makes the players follow. Outside is bright and a breeze flows through the party. Despite the warmth and light, there is no sun; instead there are several glowing moon-like structures floating about. It is an island, surrounded by blue-green water. Straight ahead, half submerged in the water is a large tower, resembling a lighthouse.

"You must sink that cursed place. The light it sends is a signal for foul creatures to rise from the sea and attack the island villages. This dungeon is new, recently risen. The monsters inside are newborn and weak, but the dungeon is large. You must all attempt to find the Key and defeat the three bosses: the Lightkeeper on the Top Floor, the Tentacled Beast on the bottom floor, and the Gatemaster, who guards the treasury. Once all three are defeated, the Tower will sink."

The game will teach you how to fight in the game as you go along. All of the players (56 in total, excluding your party of 4) are equal, so the ones who manage to defeat the boss will be the truly skilled.

The giant explains that to quickly end the Tower dungeon, all the parties will need to focus on one area, the Gate, the Lighthouse, and the Bottom Floor. Pick one area of the three.
Dying of laughter?

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 11:46:48 pm »

Any advantages to picking one place or another?
Pages: [1] 2 3