Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: The Bay12 postcard club  (Read 32132 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 postcard club
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2015, 12:55:17 am »

This looks interesting. PTW.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2015, 01:19:22 am »

Oh, Tiruin, I'd love a postcard from you!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2015, 03:51:30 am »

Yeah, so would I, Tiruin.

Also I got IlPalazzo's card and Vector's letter! Vector, your Russian handwriting is so regular it's weird. It's very good, but so smooth and even - I mean, it doesn't half look like some sort of screwed-up barbed wire fence, which is common for native Russians. Also our seasons are pretty much the same as yours, though we don't celebrate the first day in particular. We have a dedicated spring holiday in the form of Maslenitsa, but it occurs whenever it decides to according to an arcane religious law.

Palazzo, it is trying to tell you it wants babies. Can you acquire a disposable baby, preferrably Christian, in a reasonable amount of time?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2015, 06:43:54 am »

Oh, BTW: I have two cards now, from Poczta Polska and the university of Bonn :3
Great! I was afraid they hadn't gotten through...

Tiru, I'll apply for a card too. And I can tell you that there's a card inmy bookshelf designated for you, so I'd be more than happy to send you one back ;)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2015, 12:35:43 pm »

Vector's letter arrived today. Not only the handwriting and my portrait are beautiful, the envelope is very cute, too. (I wonder if those semicircles were supposed to be my ears. I'm a Bumblebee, not a Cheburashka ) I'm having such a nice day today. Life is beautiful, the girls are beautiful, even the orchestra is beautiful  :D

Tiruin, you're here again. A good day indeed. I'm still waiting for the day when you're brave enough to PM me your address. Your card is lying there alone waiting, too. It's so sad and lonely...  Deliver it from its suffering, m?

Edit: Vector, the weather is pretty. It prettifies my existence.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 12:38:05 pm by Bumblebee »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2015, 04:40:18 am »

Tiru, I'll apply for a card too. And I can tell you that there's a card inmy bookshelf designated for you, so I'd be more than happy to send you one back ;)
Tiruin, you're here again. A good day indeed. I'm still waiting for the day when you're brave enough to PM me your address. Your card is lying there alone waiting, too. It's so sad and lonely...  Deliver it from its suffering, m?
...I should ask the postal staff on what to put in the receiver address, or sender address. I don't know what to PM! ._.
I'd love cards! But I've no idea how to receive them (since I never...used the postal service until this thread popped up and nudged the ribs of my curiosity).

Also because of yer signature, Bumblebee, I've to poke at the use of Not only, But also. :P
Basically, I'm being silly with correlative conjunctions.
...Also prettify should be a new wo- Oh hey its a word! Awesome! :))
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 04:46:15 am by Tiruin »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2015, 02:47:33 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:07:50 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2015, 01:43:26 am »

...I should ask the postal staff on what to put in the receiver address, or sender address. I don't know what to PM! ._.
Doesn't your cruel, strict government make you, Plilippines, write your legitimate address in your passport or elsewhere? 'Cause we have that obligatory thing called propiska/registration/residence_permit and the only data missing there is the postal index, which is really necessary. Grandmas usually keep this secret knowledge and I really have NO idea where a grandmaless person can find it out. Another strange part of local postal service... Hope the index part works somehow differently in your country.

Also because of yer signature, Bumblebee, I've to poke at the use of Not only, But also. :P

To be told off for grammar... Yes, that's what I asked for! Thanks. Our next points should be spelling and punctuation..

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2015, 10:09:13 am »

Cards from Helgo and Eagle arrived yesterday. Checked the mail box in the morning and was walking around happy all the day after. Thanks.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2015, 10:45:42 am »

Twenty days. Huh, I thought it would go quicker. Though I'm happy that it got through at all~
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2015, 12:08:50 pm »

I was just starting to wonder if I made a mistake with the address... Thanks for the confirmation! In any case, that means it's well past time I started those letters.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2015, 12:33:05 pm »

Did my card ever arrive, Avis? I'm worried I made a mistake with the stamp.

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2015, 01:04:14 pm »

Oh, Helgo, I forgot to mention your handwriging. It's something. After I finished reading the message I knew I achieved a new level in use of English. I don't mean it's bad, just very cursive.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2015, 05:42:04 pm »

Oh, it's bad alright. It's changed little since I left elementary school (this is responsible for the cursiveness, I guess), and put way too much pressure on my pen.
The Bay12 postcard club

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2015, 02:51:50 am »

Doesn't your cruel, strict government make you, Plilippines, write your legitimate address in your passport or elsewhere? 'Cause we have that obligatory thing called propiska/registration/residence_permit and the only data missing there is the postal index, which is really necessary. Grandmas usually keep this secret knowledge and I really have NO idea where a grandmaless person can find it out. Another strange part of local postal service... Hope the index part works somehow differently in your country.
I...um..don't have a passport.

AND I've got the PM from Helgo--yep your card is along with the rest (now just to get the time to send it...or edit it. :-X )
...Now to find out our postal address. :-\
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14