Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: The Bay12 postcard club  (Read 32122 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 postcard club
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2015, 07:05:47 am »

If you dig around a bit, you'll find that most post offices have a policy of reading and responding to the letters addressed to Santa.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/christmas/10494193/Who-answers-all-the-letters-sent-to-Father-Christmas.html

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2015, 11:08:18 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:21:21 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2015, 02:36:24 am »

I actually have 2 more cards. I would like one from Il-Palazzo, and one from somebody else.
._.
I would like to send one...but argh, having troubles even making a letter here >_>
Wishing those postcards well though!
Gimme your approximate address then, along with a recipient's name!
Will be visiting the local post office sometime this week to inquire! :)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2015, 05:45:04 am »

I actually have 2 more cards. I would like one from Il-Palazzo, and one from somebody else.
I volunteer.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2015, 12:17:25 pm »

Will do. I'll need an address.
Can I ask for one of yours in return?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2015, 02:21:08 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:21:00 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2015, 02:00:26 pm »

Now I'm posting here to mark the day when four different cards have started their ways to Vector, Il Palazo, Sheb and EagleV. We should find out how long it will take them to arrive. This observation is supposed to prove that Russian post is superiour in slowliness to Poczta Polska. It has become a question of national pride!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2015, 05:40:55 pm »

For the record, today I dropped two cards to the Muscovites in the post box. I think they only empty it weekdays, so it's as good as being posted Monday morning for the purposes of comparative hastiness studies.

They both feature a tacky, fire-breathing dragon sculpture, and bear various arcane markings of Poczta Polska, in case you can't figure out who's that from.

Vector's card shall be posted a few extra days later, because it turns out I can't count to three when buying stuff.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2015, 11:51:37 am »

Today is March 24th, which appears to be the day when all mail from Russia arrives.
I'd like to say that:

1.Ermine sounds the same in Polish, but I've never heard it confused with Gangnam Style. Maybe I'm just too old, as I do remember e.g. MC Hammer's 'Can't touch this' rendered as 'Five cookies' by the wee little natives back when I was in elementary school.

2.It's 43 years old! That dog is long dead by now. Maybe the kids too.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2015, 05:58:55 pm »

That was what, twelve days? That's... pretty much alright, actually. I expected worse.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2015, 01:17:09 am »

A, it has arrived. Sooner than I expected; I believe Poczta Polska was operating it for 2/12 of the time, not more.
Hope you don't mind having two cards instead of one- I was sending, like, seven of them at a time, got confused and wrote your address twice. The cards were nice so I sent hem both. It's strange that I didn't pay attention to the age of the second one, but this fact makes it even more interesting, doesn't it?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2015, 03:47:09 am »

Ha! We win again! It's like the Battle of Warsaw once more.

But seriously, I sent mine through priority mail (for the extra 4% markup on postage) so that might have done it.

By the way, if you sent two, then I only got one. The other one I got is from Avis-Mergulus, I believe.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2015, 09:14:22 am »

Found a wonderfully Soviet-looking card in the mail today, complete with some wonderful stamps~

I guess I'll finally get off my ass today and send out my cards. Apologies to Bumblebee and Vector for the delay.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2015, 09:35:09 am »

Found a wonderfully Soviet-looking card in the mail today, complete with some wonderful stamps~

I guess I'll finally get off my ass today and send out my cards. Apologies to Bumblebee and Vector for the delay.
You're not alone, I keep either forgetting it or telling myself "as soon as this other thing is finished".
I'll try to send them tonight.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2015, 03:04:51 am »

I got a card from Avis today! Thanks!
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14