Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: The Bay12 postcard club  (Read 32142 times)

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 postcard club
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2015, 09:22:19 am »

« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 04:48:34 am by rumpel »

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2015, 10:07:03 am »

I received another card from Russia with some beautiful handwriting on it. didn't have time to look at it in detail though, because work, so I didn't yet find out who sent it.
Hilarious ballerina cat  with handwriting. Greetings from my  beehive.I didn't subscribe it, sorry.
No problem, thanks for the card! Just curious though, why does your card have a different handwriting than the address?
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2015, 10:49:19 am »

Oh, man, that's some shift in handwriting there, then.
No problem, thanks for the card! Just curious though, why does your card have a different handwriting than the address?
There‘s something misterious about my handwriting indeed. In your case it was the "accurately, accurately, take care of the mailman" and "train a few times before writing it on the postcard itself, find the best style, the best size, impress that guy" difference. Plus I wrote the text in advance,  whereas the address and some comments were added in the post office, which explains the ink inequality.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2015, 11:36:35 am »

Adventures in postcards 1

I searched my room for the stamp: I found important tax forms, the flights for a set of darts, a baseball, a pair of scissors, a set of lights for a bicycle and a box of cards. No stamp. No matter, so I go to the post office...

The lady there sells me a stamp after I explain to her what a postcard is. I guess she doesn't get many sent. There's a few for sale in the shop but they're ancient, browning, slightly scuffed and had only boring canal-side or church interior designs. I'd need to travel further afield...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2015, 05:29:38 pm »

Well, I managed to get a reasonable postcard in the end... in fact I picked up TWO just in case I messed the first one up. Well, I didn't mess anything up too drastically: so who else wants a postcard?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2015, 06:40:45 pm »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:30:09 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2015, 02:10:09 pm »

By the way, all of mine are SENT!

I think I just got one from Bumblebee, too? You said something about the post office?

...awaiting
And yes, I did send one to you, though I don't believe it could arrive to USA that quiqly. It was less than a month, right? Well, if anything; my was black-and-white, not subscribed, made of very dense paper and, by some strange coincidence, imaging non-hilarious non-cat oui-ballerina. I don't have that bad habit of signing up my cards.  Why, I didn't even think about it before I put 'em all in the mail box. Silly me. Sorry.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2015, 03:39:53 pm »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:28:37 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2015, 04:36:23 pm »

I think I just got one from Bumblebee, too? You said something about the post office?
It might have been one of mine if it had a view of St.Petersburg on it.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2015, 04:51:08 pm »

Sent out cards (well, sorta - you'll see) to Bumble and Vec yesterday. Let's hope they get through alright.
And there's one in store for Tiruin, in case I ever get an address :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2015, 05:21:42 pm »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:28:30 pm by Vector »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2015, 07:39:37 pm »

It might have been one of mine if it had a view of St.Petersburg on it.

Ah, yes! It must have been yours. Thank you!
Wow, that's super fast. I expected it to get to you by like, autumn.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2015, 04:03:23 am »

So. I do have a card now which I would be able to send on monday. What now? :3

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2015, 04:42:51 am »

Mememememe! :P

I'll PM you my address - would you like a card in return?

Anyway, I'll open an (additional) contingent of 5 cards. Let's see who wants one.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 03, 2015, 08:50:35 am »

Damn. When I subscribed to this 'postcard' club, I wasn't exactly expecting them to straddle the thin line between a simple card and a letter. Now I feel guilty for my own, uh, brevity.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14