Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military seems retarded now  (Read 1186 times)

Slyjoker87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Military seems retarded now
« on: January 01, 2015, 02:50:15 pm »

So I just started playing again, and in this version it seems like military is just dumb. I had a siege of about 15 gobos run into my fort. I had 60 armored and trained military dwarves there to greet them. But instead of ganging up on them, most of the dwarves just stood around and it seemed like they fought one at a time.

What gives?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Military seems retarded now
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 03:21:17 pm »

Military is full of bugs this version.

Slyjoker87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 03:36:54 pm »

Military is full of bugs this version.

oof. Any thoughts on overcoming these bugs?

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 03:54:52 pm »

The issues might have something to do with the number of squads in the military: I have never employed more than 20 soldiers at the same time, and I haven't seen any cases of total pacifism, yet. The attack orders don't work, but my dwarves fight back properly if I get them close enough to the enemy.

Slyjoker87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 04:53:45 pm »

The issues might have something to do with the number of squads in the military: I have never employed more than 20 soldiers at the same time, and I haven't seen any cases of total pacifism, yet. The attack orders don't work, but my dwarves fight back properly if I get them close enough to the enemy.

Yeah there is definitely something to this I think. When I send 20 at a time it works just fine.

This is going to be tough.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 05:15:01 pm »

Yeah there is definitely something to this I think. When I send 20 at a time it works just fine.

This is going to be tough.
On the bright side at least you have plenty of reinforcements...