Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: The Fortress of Shadowgraves (Succession Game)-Taking Applicants Now!  (Read 52874 times)

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
Re: The Fortress of Shadowgraves (Succession Game)-Taking Applicants Now!
« Reply #360 on: April 08, 2015, 03:05:16 am »

This is a very elaborate plan, Maxcat. :o
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 08, 2015, 09:55:35 am »

Fperson: you are dead (or at least not alive). I have no idea how you died. I can dorf you, if you want. If you go into the militia, you can explore new lands, meet new demons, and kill(be killed by) them.

Chaoseed: The plan that I am doing is nothing compared to what I do on my personal forts. Unfortunately, I only have 1 year to kill them all, so I can't set up anything too elaborate. At the way things are, I will probably open the Car late auttom/early winter. I should be able to play some more tomorrow. Roughly 1/3 of the mechanisms have been placed, the traps are set, and the supports are hooked up. Clowns are immune to traps, unless they suffer from a cave in. And because I am using stone traps, there should be multiple a chain reaction of traps going off. This should kill or cripple the demons made from light stuff that I really don't want the militia to fight (Smog, mist, magma, ect).

My main issue is equipping the squads with Candy. As such, I have set up 3 crafts-dwarf workshops to do nothing but extract strands, which feeds 1 magma furnace that makes waffers. I may be redundant, but Skiamechanic is probably the best smith in the entire fortress, as he is a legendary weaponsmith and metalworker. Searouslly: masterwork Candy weapons are the best.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:01:21 am by maxcat61 »
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

Fperson1

• Bay Watcher
  • A Distressing Lack of Weaponsmiths
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 08, 2015, 04:50:44 pm »

Fperson: you are dead (or at least not alive). I have no idea how you died. I can dorf you, if you want. If you go into the militia, you can explore new lands, meet new demons, and kill(be killed by) them.

how

Well, I was in the militia. Offscreen catastrophes and all that. Redorf me as Fperson2. If you have any unclaimed weaponsmiths or armorsmiths I'd prefer that, if not some random axedorf.
Upon reflection, I realize that Magma-duct #2 will either work fine, or flood the area that the militia trains.
Go out there and make those 12 children of yours proud... or I'll draft all of them and send a giant ball of your progeny at the enemy if you die. Fun for the whole family!

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 09, 2015, 07:22:16 pm »

Ok. Fperson II, you are an armorsmith now. I didn't get much time today, but I will go on a rampage tomarow. I hope to get to winter in the least.
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 10, 2015, 04:07:17 pm »

Some days, you find the magma. Other days, magma finds you. I guess you could call this a bad day:

Luckily, there were no deaths, and the flow was slow enough that I could finish my tomb before it was engulfed. In other news, the furnace operators are refusing to smelt the candy into wafers. Work on the mechanisms continues.
Galena 28th: The last of the traps are complete, all that is left is 4 more bridge hookups. After that, I will send the militia to the Slaughter house Approved Combat Station, send the civilians to the lever room and dining hall, seal the lower half of the fort, and open the Car.

2 more hookups left. The dwarven Traders came, and I took everything that they had that was made of steel, which I will melt to make armor.

The FPS are so slow, I have had the game running in the background for 6 hours, and I barely made a season. I will do my best to finish tonight, though.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:27:57 pm by maxcat61 »

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 10, 2015, 07:29:56 pm »

All of the mechanisms are ready. The militia is assembling, and the Civilians are hiding: it's time to do this. I hope that everything goes as planned.

Do not read any farther if you want to avoid spoilers.

The militia is ready, like lambs to a slaughter.

The sacrifice digs, not knowing what he will find.

Poor fool.

103 demons emerged from the darkness. My worst fears have been confirmed. I can only hope that my mechanical preparations were enough.

It was a hard fight. Many lives were lost. The demon force was whittled down to 5 demons, with only 1 of them above hell, at the cost of just about every member of the marksdwarf squad, and about 15 others. Here is the aftermath.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would call this a success, but I don't know how many will survive the hospital. Fperson II lived, I killed a named turkey monster, and Dorsidorf took some !!Boiling Extract!! to the knee (he used to be an adventurer). Peragin had his left hand, and both legs crushed. I don't have high hopes for his survival. The miner died by suffocating in his own ash. That's all for now.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 09:53:47 pm by maxcat61 »

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 10, 2015, 09:04:57 pm »

It begins.
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #367 on: April 10, 2015, 09:05:33 pm »

The end is near! :o
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 10, 2015, 09:36:57 pm »

We survived!!!

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #369 on: April 10, 2015, 09:52:13 pm »

The end isn't near! :o

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 10, 2015, 10:40:58 pm »

Edit: Never mind, I didn't realize you put it in your post above.

A few questions:

1. Is Vabok still alive? If so did he get any kills?
2. Did that help the fps in any way?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 10:55:08 pm by TheCheeseMaker »
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 10, 2015, 11:13:20 pm »

There were no named deaths from demons. That said, a lot of dwarfs were injured, so I will have to check. I don't know if there are even enough beds in the hospital to help everyone.
2) I guess FPS are better. 25 deaths make things better, but right now everyone is just hauling stuff. I would recommend that only good computers try to work the save.

That said: I am going to try and airdrop some masons, diggers, and military into hell to try and start an outpost (or at least set it up for the next overseer. Who knows how well it will work. I just want all the Candy.

On second thought, I will just focus on killing that last demon, healing the military, stop worrying and love the zombie troll.

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #372 on: April 11, 2015, 01:30:43 am »

Well, my computer is PRETTY good...

How did you manage this? Are we going to get any details other than 'we survived'? ;)

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 11, 2015, 07:21:43 am »

We survived because my trap worked really well against snow and steam demons. It killed about 40-45 of them. The rest was just a a straight up fight between the militia and the demons, and when a demon fights 60 angry alcoholic midgets, the midgets win. The 1st room (the one covered is miasma) had about 15 demons come in before I sent the militia to attack. After that, it was simple 6v1 or 10v2 as the dwarfs walked down the pathway, killing every demon they encountered. Honestly, I was expecting more. I have heard so many stories about demons killing everything. I guess that the militia was just really good (except for the marksdwarf squad, those poor marksdwarfs-all dead but 2). It shouldn't be that hard to start colonizing hell, if you can just make the stairway. Right now the hole is sealed, and the wounded are being recovered. I am on the road right now, so I can post a better update this evening.

Also, read what I posted a few days ago. I edited it.

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #374 on: April 11, 2015, 03:58:11 pm »

Excellent work, Maxcat. :o
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26