Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: The Fortress of Shadowgraves (Succession Game)-Taking Applicants Now!  (Read 52827 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress of Shadowgraves (Succession Game)-Taking Applicants Now!
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2015, 09:14:53 pm »

Maxcat is the only person I've seen whose dwarfed characters consistently do good job.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2015, 09:23:40 pm »

SkaiaMechanic is actually a pretty good weaponsmith. Our mace lord has a masterwork silver mace because of her. :)

Edit: probably no update tomorrow either. I'll try to get one out on Monday.

DoubleEdit : I just realized we have two dwarfs named SkaiaMechanic. Should I change one of them back or keep it?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 11:12:43 pm by xub313 »

perigrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2015, 10:40:51 pm »

well, im glad to see it is going well. i will ACTUALLY do my next turn, no worries. if ya be dorfin, make me a craftsdwarf. i want to make toys n shit.

also, ive been dorf seiged before, it just happens with the civ going to war with other dorfs, like one is headed by a demon or some shit.

SkaiaMechanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2015, 12:54:12 am »

Unless the other one is more interesting for some reason, just keep me the weaponsmith and take out the other.
I'm running out of dogs. I'm running out of bolts.
I'm running out of dwarves.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2015, 07:54:52 pm »

My Dorfs are always given the title "Minon". As such, they do awesome because less is expected of them.
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2015, 06:31:46 pm »

Here you go Perigrin.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

12th Hematite, 103

Aban Stinmörul, Metalsmith is taken by a fell mood!

Too bad it's not a weapon/armorsmith but I'll take it. She grabs some jabber leather and a bar of fine pewter. We'll see what she makes.

14th Hematite, 103

A human caravan from Behal Jepum has arrived. This will be a good source of metal for the weapon traps I'm planing.

What? One of the wagons just disappeared and the merchant is 'overwhelmed by horror". Now all the wagons are turning back. :o

What did i just do? Get back here! I need metal!

15th Hematite, 103

Another grey langur man ambush! I blame them for everything that just happened. It's all their fault! Kill them all!

The stoneworker Dôbar has the right idea. He chased a bunch of them away by himself. He was punched in the gut and is now vomiting eveywhere though.

Actually it seems the whole fortress has gotten in on it. The baroness is even out there strangling a grey langur woman.

17th Hematite, 103

A human diplomat has arrived. The first thing she sees is a siege engineer gouging out they eyes (and the cheeks, eyelids, lips, etc.) of a grey langur woman while her traders run off in horror. This fortress is great!

Aban finished her artifact.

Kinda lame, but it could be used to make an awesome well, or keep a prisoner happy. We now have a legendary metalcrafter at least.

Also, it seems when the human's wagon was destroyed it left behind a bunch of stuff. Mostly cloth and stuff, There's a couple metal instruments that I've designated to be melted. So It's not a total loss.

10th Malachite, 103

I've begun digging out the new workshop area.

I'll use the old workshop areas for furniture and animal storage. I might relocate the hospital and other stuff there too.

27th Malachite, 103

I've finished digging out some tombs for the previous overseers.

I've also begun digging a new cistern. This one will reach down to the dining room and bedroom areas.

2nd Galena, 103

Some migrants have arrived! Only eight it seems. I recruited one into the marksdwarf squad.

5th Galena, 103

It seems Nethitha entered from the first cavern layer as well. This is getting dangerous. Hopefully Nethitha and Ithibi will fight and I'll only have to deal with one. I hope froggy wins. I really don't want to deal with deadly dust.

24th Galena, 103

I've begun filling up the cistern. We should be able to make a sweet dwarven well with the chain and mechanism artifacts we have lying around.

I've also cut down all the trees that came too close to the fortress's walls. There out to get us I tell you!

30 Galena, 103

I've setup an area to fight froggy. Ithibi hasn't shown up so I assume it's dead (I really, really hope so!). I'll send out the military to the first cavern level in my next update.

(Also, the dwarven caravan will be coming next update, make your requests now!)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 10:29:15 pm by xub313 »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2015, 06:40:25 pm »

A human diplomat has arrived. The first thing she sees is a siege engineer gouging out they eyes (and the cheeks, eyelids, lips, etc.) of a grey langur woman while her traders run off in horror. This fortress is great!

Quote-worthy IMO

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2015, 06:49:42 pm »

Catch those grey Laguires. I have had a tribe of them caged and hooked up to a lever at the end of my turn. When the !fun! attacks, send them in first to... um... die wear them down. Think of it as Dwarven Pokemon: Gotta Catch (and then kill) Them All!
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2015, 06:53:15 pm »

Catch those grey Laguires. I have had a tribe of them caged and hooked up to a lever at the end of my turn. When the !fun! attacks, send them in first to... um... die wear them down. Think of it as Dwarven Pokemon: Gotta Catch (and then kill) Them All!

Don't worry, I have some really Fun ideas planned for those guys. ;)

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2015, 06:56:19 pm »

Also, could you make a grand tomb for my dwarf, because he is awesome, has a Shiny Gold Artifact Shield that he made himself, and is a previous overseer.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:06:33 pm by maxcat61 »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2015, 02:07:13 am »

I need to be redwarfed as the trainer for one of our new squads, if that's alright with you.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

perigrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2015, 06:37:59 pm »

ok, that line in the dorf description of me, the one about poor social skills, poor focus, short attention span, and poor memory, are 100% accurate for me. o cant remember what i had for breakfast this morning.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2015, 06:51:57 pm »

Here you go Dorsidwarf.

13th Limestone, 103

The dwarven caravan and the outpost liaison have arrived! hopefully their wagons are a bit sturdier.

I've stationed the military ready to attack froggy. He's made quite the mess as you can see.

15th Limestone, 103

Good, the traders are unloading their goods. We'll finally get to trade!

16th Limestone, 103

Scratch that... they're leaving again. I really wish I knew what was causing this. I haven't touched anything in the depot area this whole time.

I mean, is Shadowgrave really that bad? Maybe it's the grey langur men? Or is it the corpses outside (which the dwarfs refuse to dump for some reason)?

18th Limestone, 103

It looks like Shadowgraves has become a duchy. Also, here's the trade agreement.

21st Limestone, 103

The troops have now been sent into the caverns. Lets do this!

Also, Zan Nebélgoden, Stoneworker has been possesed!

23rd Limestone, 103

Well, here goes nothing! All our melee dwarfs are in on the attack.

First, Limul attacks and gets a few hits in. Then Iamblichos got a hit in. Now, for some reason, all the dwarfs are showing "No reachable valid target." What? It's right there! They're just standing around like statues. The beast is just shooting them with fireballs. They won't move! Ugh...

Froggy then singled out our hero mace lord Muthkat. The macelord didn't attack, he just kept dodging (Yes, I upgraded to 40.24. I thought that was supposed to be fixed. :(). Eventually crushing Muthkat's head.

Screw it! The caverns are blocked off till further notice. I can still give station orders so I retreated the military and pulled the lever to seal off the caves. We can recover.

Nevermind! the dwarf I had burrowed in the lever room decided that burrows are stupid and forgotten beasts are stupid and rant...rant...rant...rant

I order the military for one last charge. Hopefully delaying the beast in time for the bridge to close.

The speardwarf Zastit Sazirtalin gave her life to cripple the beast and give time for Taupe to pull the lever.

And the bridge has closed, wait what?

The bridge broke? I know bridges can break if a forgotten beast is on it but Froggy is three tiles away! (you can't see it through the smoke, just trust me. ;))
Edit: Yes, I set the bridge to retract like a total idiot. :P

I can't kill it. The military refuses to path to it when I give the kill order. What do I do? I have one option... SOAP!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, SOAP will save this fortress. I need to build a wall to block off the caverns, The closest building materials we have is SOAP!

He he he... Froggy blead to death. Ha ha ha... It's just so FUNNY that this happened. Isn't it FUNNY! HA HA HA...

26th Limestone, 103

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

That's gonna end my update for today. I was short on time today.

Yes, I read Doomforests, that's why I was so exited about the soap. :P

The other forgotten beast is sealed up in the third cavern layer, So Shadowgraves will live to see another day.

Anyway, that was fun and really frustrating. I have no idea why everything went wrong. The caravan, the pacifist dwarfs, and the bridge...

All the named dwarfs survived BTW.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 01:43:17 pm by xub313 »

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2015, 08:11:40 pm »

Here you go Dorsidwarf.
Wow, 16 children. You have been quite busy I see.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:51:54 pm by maxcat61 »

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2015, 08:40:50 pm »

The legend of the soap continues... someone needs to PM PsychoAngel  :D
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26