Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Final Frontier: Spaceships and Six Guns Game Thread *SPLITTING THE FELLOWSHIP*  (Read 3717 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Final Frontier: Spaceships and Six Guns Game Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 08:07:14 pm »

Quick, everyone, kill his char before he can get us killed...  :P
I am only joking a little tho... If he hadent joined after me I probably wouldn't have joined at all. His chars normally are sorta marysue-ish... To the point where I have started attempting to avoid him.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 08:45:00 pm »

Alright, I am about to start the first post. If you want to make any last minute changes to your character, now would be the time. Since I am not focusing on characters, it will probably completely different in tone then the rest of the game. Expect the thing to look too much like a movie opening. And if you are going to insult someone, at lest do it where they can't see.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2015, 09:15:02 pm »

The harsh sun shines down on a relatively mundane building, the same color as the sand surrounding it. Anyone's eye would be driven to the flickering blue light marking the building, thick tubes reading "CAP'S HUB TAVERN". High above, something resembling a shining star moves across the sky. The scene is soon covered in a thick sandstorm appearing almost out of nowhere, covering everything but the lights valiantly shining like a lighthouse in the sea of sand.

Cut to a blue fire, the same color as the lights, burning on a kitchen stove. A pan filled with sizzling hamburgers sits unguarded on top of it. The metaphorical camera pans right slowly, revealing the rest of the tavern. Low-quality pictures of a young man in a military uniform fit frames along the wall, each adding a bit of age. The last one is an older man in a captains uniform, giving a last salute as he retires. To its immediate right is that old man, absentmindedly cleaning a glass mug with a pristine white rag.

Cutting the camera again, the patrons of the bar are now visible. A strange collection, some fitting the setting others not, all taking a seat on the bar chairs, or otherwise finding themselves in the immediate vicinity. All seem to be well armed, two with leather holsters on their hip filled with a large revolver, two with rifles on their back or lying at the ready close next to them.

The man at the bar sets down the glass, breaking the silence. He looks over the patrons, obviously thinking of saying something, before shrugging and walking over to flip the burgers.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 09:16:45 pm by Stirk »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Final Frontier: Spaceships and Six Guns Game Thread *Game Started*
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2015, 10:20:51 pm »

(Cool setting)

"Morning, chaps."

Tips cap to others.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 11:43:24 pm by Pencil_Art »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 12:50:13 am »

"Good day."

Selv tips his hat to the others, and begins casually scrolling through the songs on his music player.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2015, 01:11:38 am »

" Greetings my good men. " Leon says looking around before waving over the bar keeper.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 01:14:06 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2015, 12:35:28 pm »

Everett turns and glances at Leon before stating "Pretty sure we arent your men, or atleast arent good ones. In anycase, I am Owen, and I presume the rest of you have names, yes?"
Highly Opinionated Fool

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2015, 02:36:58 pm »

" Leon. "
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:26:03 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2015, 03:25:31 pm »

"Desim."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2015, 03:33:56 pm »

"Selv."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2015, 05:02:49 am »

(Ill go ahead and start off the plot then, assuming nobody wants to do anything else before that.)

As the group finishes greeting each other, the double doors behind them slammed open violently. The storm outside seems to have calmed down, once again the sky was a clear blue. A man hurries in without stopping. On his hip was a relatively small, well worn, revolver in its ragged holster, connected to an old leather belt, connected to a pair of jeans. Unconnected was his stained white shirt, over which was a half open heavy trench coat with noticeable bullet holes at random intervals. The door slams just as violently as it opened just as soon as he cleared it.

The slamming itself was not odd, at least to the people accustomed to life on the Hub already. New arrivals might jump, especially the gun shy ones, but it is a fixture on many buildings on this planet. Nobody wants their shop filled with sand, even leaving the door open a bit too long or leaving a little opening means you will have to spend hours with a broom. The doors work automatically, new arrivals can be found easy be seeing how they react to simply walking through the front door.

(...I think I have been putting too much random detail in random things.)

The man continues toward an empty spot on the bar, half waving toward anyone staring at him. He knocks his knuckles twice against the bar top, leaning on it with his arm as he speaks.

"Hey Cap, they say you want me for a job?" He states, with familiarity showing in his voice.

"I don't care who does it. I just need some sunofagun to get it done. Your the only sunnagun I don't have to leave my bar to get." the bartender states, in a voice suited and accustomed to commanding men. Even as he says so, he turns away from the burgers and grabs the glass he had been preparing. He fills it with foamy beer and slides it across the bar to the man.

"I'm flattered" the man states, taking a long gulp of the drink. He cleans off his stubbled face with his arm before putting the drink back down hard. "I just came to say personally that there is no way in hell I am taking this job. I am on vacation, remember? I knew I would get a drink out of the trip over here at least. Besides, with what your offering the boring job just ain't worth it. I got two better offers just from the sheriff getting over here, they paid more and where more fun than chasing lost cargo. You sure the Zygortian's didn't 'just' lose your goat cheese? You know how tricky they can be..."

(And thus, three potential plots have been opened! Sorry for writing this at 3AM, I couldn't resist. I officially apologize if anything is poorly written or doesn't make since.)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2015, 05:34:26 am »

" Jobs from the sheriff you say? Anything local? And more importantly, anything pirate related? I so enjoy shooting pirates. "
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 08:40:15 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2015, 11:07:20 am »

Selv chuckles quietly at that last remark, and mutters something under his breath.

"You wouldn't happen to need a wingman, would you...what's your name?"
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2015, 11:27:01 am »

" Leon, as it happens I would not. Killing no good, yellow blooded cowards like all pirates are is no challenge. "
Caine's law.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2015, 02:19:42 pm »

"You must have not been out here for long then. Half the time these pirates are rouge navy crews, merc bands, or are miners wth a grudge. In any case, about half can give a specopps team a run fer there money."

"Anyways, can you elaborate on those sheriff jobs? Im out looking for work, so..."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4