Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So the caravan brought me barrels of Gremlin tears, sweat, and snake venom..  (Read 3374 times)

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile

I'm not entirely sure what I should do with them.  I'm working on a medical experiment (Re-attempt at Specialsurprise, see my sig), so I know there HAS to be something I can do with the venom, at least.

I have a single barrel of Gremlin Tears, another barrel of Gremlin Sweat, and numerous barrels of various types of snake venom, including Black Mamba Venom.

Thoughts?

*Edit*: I can also order more venom from the liason, though I didn't this time.  All I ordered was more milk for cake production.
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile

I believe you could do something with the venom like you do with gnomeblight, make the liquid fall on weapons and the weapons carry the venom.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And you can probably sell the tears and sweat. Then build a treadmill, find a gremlin, tell it it's fat, and when you're done collecting its tears you can offer it the use of your treadmill to lose weight. There you go, a renewable source of tears and sweat.  :P

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Don't forget to buy some barrels of blood and make all your exports using blood, sweat and tears...

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile

no jokes about WW2 this time lmao

PTW
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile

"This is a masterpeice pancake. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. The ingredients are finely minced gremlin sweat, superiorly ground gremlin tears, masterfully minced goblin blood, and masterfully cooked cave wheat flour."  My breakfast, each morning.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

VoxieG

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember me, friends?
    • View Profile

Just what sort of shady business are these caravans running?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

Toady should introduce "toil" next as an item.

And yes, these caravans bringing the oddest items ever like ant brains monarch butterfly ichor.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently they also sell Giant Cave Spider venom.  I've stored twelve barrels of various types of venom in a hidden room in my medical facility for later use.  I'm thinking of splashing weapons with them then throwing them at various test subjects via minecarts.. or splashing spike traps with them in the danger room.

Not sure if theres anything else I can do with 'em besides that, but it should be FUN at least.  I wonder if its ingestable? I'll have to make a separate well for drinking (for the test subjects, not my main fort) and spike the water with venom to see if it works like vampiric blood.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile

I tested with well contamination and adventure mode too, and ingesting don't poison you.(like in real life).
In a time before time, I had a name.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah that sucks.  Well, thanks for saving me some trouble of finding it out! I'll go with the weapon / spikes method instead then.

C27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try splashing it on piles of crossbow bolts, that seems like an efficient way to get it applied to a lot of attacks.
Gold is for the mistress– silver for the maid–
Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.
‘Good!’ said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
‘But iron– cold iron– is ruler of them all’.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile

Yeah,like c27 said, use bolts.
Blunt weapons don't transmit the syndrome, and piercing weapons other than projectiles are only poisoned until they hit the first strike, then the poison is replaced by the victim's blood, and won't transmit the syndrome further.
In a time before time, I had a name.