Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What is your worst/best trait?  (Read 2209 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: What is your worst/best trait?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2014, 08:37:33 am »

Best trait: Idk. probably carrying on. gotta do the things, only way is up, etc.

Worst trait: I suck at anything remotely useful. also if I get into a bad state I'm the worlds worst/best self-pity artist. Ugh.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2014, 12:20:22 pm »

Worst trait: Probably the trust issues I developed over the course of growing up. Especially when I goddamn well know exactly what's keeping me from getting close to people, know why I'm screwed up, and still don't do anything about it. Likely because I'm so fucking apathetic and prone to procrastination.

Best trait: Despite the above, I genuinely act as if every person is on some level reasonable and willing to compromise, trying to resolve conflicts instead of worsen them. Except when the cynical asshole persona I've worn like an aegis gets the first word in. Not even sure if that counts as good to begin with. Maybe that, even with my tendencies towards procrastination, when I actually do work I operate with a much higher than average baseline standard of quality for "good enough" than most people seem to. Or maybe it should be introspection, since I have such a good understanding of all the things wrong with me.

Wait, wait, start over.

My worst trait is my work ethic. My best trait is my work ethic.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 02:37:57 pm »

Worst: I have a crippling lack of self-esteem, as in Imposter Syndrome sort of self esteem, not the :you're a worthful person" self esteem. If I fail, it's hard for me to not feel like I am 100% responsible for this and I am a failure of a person.

Best trait... I don't know @.@ My worst trait doesn't help me here...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2014, 03:24:52 pm »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:05:55 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2014, 03:29:54 pm »

Not entirely sure about my best trait, my curiosity I guess? I like reading about interesting stuff, and most things interest me.

My worst trait is certainly that I break down very badly when I'm under too much stress. Like, hit-people bad.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 03:46:23 pm »

Somewhat in orderly fashion. I'm not fully solid on best/worst; so here's some general-level.

Spoiler: The Good: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Bad: (click to show/hide)

...Oh yeah, and I tend to procrastinate because my interests tend to drift or oscillate. In other words, I am good with keeping myself committed to a task, provided it retains my interest. In other cases, I exploit/utilize my procrastination behavior to get other things done; even if it seems non-sequiter to the main goal at hand. some of these procrastinations actually tends to aid in the main goal. See me dabble in Excel for a bit, and next thing you know, my freelancing just got a major boost of efficiency, due to the fact I can accurately measure how much actual work can be done with it, and it's estimated payoff total and by the hour; stacking it on top of my financial records to plan my financial goals for the next 3-12 months in advance.

EDIT:
Good:
 -I am rather descriptive and as exact as I can get, even to best-guess levels. I prefer speaking in context, rather than in content.
Bad:
 -I get a bit wordy (I had to resort to using spoilers). I tend to clarify my clarifications. Let's just say, I hate when people try to corrupt my statements intentionally (for more sinister reasons), which is why I'm so descriptive and context-sensitive. Unfortunate side-effect: English is my native tongue, and I tend to break my language (sounding like I'm new to it, or lower-class, at least) at times because of my context-sensitive nature. That, or it over-compensates for my descriptiveness. Until I got better at it overall (generally giving less a crap, due to observed stupidity on average, and my laziness meeting up halfway with each other), it resulted in a whole lot of stuttering, verbal tics, and social awkwardness in my overall speech pattern.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 09:29:53 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 [2]