Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85]

Author Topic: Let's Choose in Life of a Wizard!  (Read 68029 times)

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Choose in Life of a Wizard!
« Reply #1260 on: February 07, 2015, 07:18:53 pm »

Stewart had learned a lot during our campaigning together, and the barbarians quickly learned to fear his sword. Stewart led the charge and stayed behind to keep the barbarians subdued.

The barbarian kingdom fell to my mighty army.

I attacked the dwarves under the Grey Mountains.

The dwarves presented a new kind of difficulty: we would be fighting deep within the mountain tunnels.

I had Maris, the thief whom I had adventured with, sneak in and assassinate the Dwarf King.

Maris had learned many skills while traveling with me, allowing her to pass through the gates unnoticed and kill the Dwarf King. It wouldn't work for any other leaders because she became quite famous after that. She'd never have such an opportunity again.

The dwarf kingdom fell to my mighty army.

I attacked the elves in the Alderheart Forest.

The elves were talented archers and had an enchanted forest to hide within.

I used my knowledge of nature and Alchemy to burn down their forest. (Needs 100 Nature and 100 Alchemy)

It wasn't easy; the forest was enchanted to withstand all attacks. Unfortunately for them, my magic was stronger. I learned how to overcome their nature magic and create alchemical potions that would burn through anything. After we launched a few of these into the forest, we simply waited for the Alderheart to burn down and force the elves out to meet us.

The elf kingdom fell to my mighty army.

I attacked the orcs in the wilderness to the west.

The orcs were bred for war; they were taller, stronger, and more aggressive than the other races.

I knew where they had been and where they were going to be. (Needs 100 History and 100 Divination)

The orc army was thrown into confusion as we showed up where they least expected us, constantly attacking their flanks and finding ways through the wilderness that they didn't know about. By the time they met us head-to-head, we had already taken down a good portion of their army.

The orc kingdom fell to my mighty army.

I attacked the desert empire of Jilal.

The empire was in a desert and had a higher population than us.

I had Hermann, the cleric whom I had adventured with, lay an enormous blessing upon us.

The blessing was of epic proportions, a once-in-a-lifetime kind of spell. It gave us a tremendous advantage.

The Empire fell to my mighty army.

I disbanded my army and returned home to Tornassa.

We were victorious, having conquered all of the nations. Daria became much bigger by the end of my campaign, as we absorbed the other nations. My dream to unify the entire land under one rule had come true. King Travis was just a figurehead; I was the true power behind the throne, and everyone knew it.
(Fame +15)

Hermann, my wife, was eager for me to resign from my role as court wizard. King Travis, Queen Yasmine, and Prince Kyle were all sad to see me go, and I would miss them too. Travis had learned to deal with his timid personality. I think that the kingdom would do well until Kyle came into power. Aram, the Archmage, selected an established wizard named Gerard to replace me.

I packed up my personal belongings—leaving the tower for the new royal wizard—and left Tornassa. That was the end of my official wizarding career.

And that's my life story. I came from a terrible home with cruel parents. I fell in love with Ragg, she was my first love. Hermann was my first real friend, and our friendship eventually blossomed into love, and we got married.

I started life as a simple scribe. I think that it was the elf attack on my village that drove me to do greater things. I became a wizard, after failing to graduate from the Academy of Wizards. I ended up riding Dog, my warhorse, who is still alive thanks to my magic.

I joined up with a human named Stewart, my friend from the academy, a human named Hermann, and a human named Maris. We worked tirelessly out of the Full Cup Inn, providing our services for money.Our career culminated with the slaying of the Great Dragon Parnaxxus, which signaled the end of our adventuring days.

I eventually married Hermann, whom I met at the Academy, and had a wonderful child named Harold who grew up to become a wizard, like me. He got married and had Ellie, our granddaughter. It was interesting working for King Travis, whom I put onto the throne myself. Together, we took over the world and united the lands under one rule, an act that would live on in history for all time.

I think back to the many choices I made in my life, and I wonder how things would have turned out had I chosen differently. Perhaps in another dimension or on another plane, another wizard is thinking the same thoughts as me.

ACHIEVEMENTS:

Slayer
Take Over The World
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 07:21:22 pm by Un67 »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: February 07, 2015, 07:22:15 pm »

I feel such a deep sense of anti-climax... I expected.. a bit of fanfare... maybe some of our final wishes...

But its like

"You took over the world! DA END!"

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: February 07, 2015, 07:22:28 pm »

Woo! We did guys! Beat the crap out of of everyone for Tornassa and imprinted the Wizard Warrior Historian name upon the world.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: February 07, 2015, 07:26:54 pm »

Woo!
We burned down a magic forest! I knew we were destined for evil things :D
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: February 07, 2015, 07:38:49 pm »

Woo!
We burned down a magic forest! I knew we were destined for evil things :D

Oh the humanity.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1265 on: February 07, 2015, 07:40:17 pm »

And we lived happily ever after.
This was great.
And those elves had it coming.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 07, 2015, 09:10:24 pm »

I feel such a deep sense of anti-climax... I expected.. a bit of fanfare... maybe some of our final wishes...

But its like

"You took over the world! DA END!"
Yeah, it felt sorta bleh. I guess it was since I expected all those 100 Magic Checks to be used in a epic fight against another very powerful wizard, but still...

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: February 07, 2015, 09:42:10 pm »

Good job Un67, you presented a fun interesting game to all of us.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: February 07, 2015, 09:43:15 pm »

Yeah you worked very hard, you gave the continuations in a timely manner, you offered us advice when we needed it, AND you even numbered the choices.

Honestly it seems small but numbering or lettering the choices is important for a game like this.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: February 07, 2015, 10:09:47 pm »

Thanks. :) I tried to keep the game as spoiler-free as possible, but towards the end I figured that you guys would need more info to make the decisions. It was very interesting to see what you guys came up with, since it was definitely different from any of my playthroughs. If any of you guys are considering buying the game, I would definitely recommend it. There's a lot of different paths that you could take that we've barely even touched on.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: February 08, 2015, 01:40:39 am »

Well done, Un67, thanks for the playthrough.  Don't suppose you'd be willing to do a replay...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 11, 2015, 05:38:18 am »

I would personally recommend life of a mobster even if you like fantasy better, which I do. I enjoyed life of a mobster better because the characters are actually described rather than just a name, there a huge amount of choices and the endings are really good(all the feels).

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 11, 2015, 05:40:37 am »

I would personally recommend life of a mobster even if you like fantasy better, which I do. I enjoyed life of a mobster better because the characters are actually described rather than just a name, there a huge amount of choices and the endings are really good(all the feels).

The start is a bit more rocky though with some hilariously bad descriptions.

Such as Launch from Dragon Ball pretty much being in the game.

It lacks the wonderment to get you through the early parts... but if you can tough it out.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85]