Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 85

Author Topic: Let's Choose in Life of a Wizard!  (Read 68192 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Choose in Life of a Wizard!
« Reply #1095 on: February 05, 2015, 05:24:53 pm »

2). Sell EVERYTHING!!!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: February 05, 2015, 05:31:01 pm »

I wasn't stupid enough to try the process upon myself, but I realized that the equipment had to cost a lot of money. I sold it all piece by piece, making a tidy profit.
(Gold +2200)

I was in my early sixties when Master Lacius passed away. All of the graduates of the Academy gathered to find out who would be elevated into the position of Archmage. Since I did not pass my courses, I wasn't invited to attend.

A holiday was declared in Tornassa out of respect for Lacius.

I broke into the Archmage's library during the celebration. (Needs 100 Thievery)
1) I had King Travis send several barrels of wine to the Academy as a sign of respect.
2) I had King Travis cancel the celebration and force everyone back to work.

Spoiler: Current Stats (click to show/hide)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: February 05, 2015, 05:31:44 pm »

Dammit, why do evil people get all the cool stuff.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1098 on: February 05, 2015, 05:39:13 pm »

1, even though we should had probably jailed those ungrateful bastards. We save the academy, we are close friends to the late Archmage and we are not invited?

Being both Archmage and King Royal Wizard would be fun. Even more power. Unlimited power!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: February 05, 2015, 05:48:25 pm »

2, we're quite clearly the most prominent mage in the land, we should have been invited.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: February 05, 2015, 05:57:20 pm »

1, no need to alienate them when we can improve how they think of us instead. We might be able to use their support later.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 05, 2015, 05:58:14 pm »

1, no need to alienate them when we can improve how they think of us instead. We might be able to use their support later.

It's at 175 :o it's high enough as it is :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 05, 2015, 06:05:29 pm »

Not sure how our currently excellent relationship could possibly justify cancelling the gathering which elects or reveals who the new Archmage is...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: February 05, 2015, 06:09:35 pm »

Not sure how our currently excellent relationship could possibly justify cancelling the gathering which elects or reveals who the new Archmage is...

Well we're not there, so it clearly isn't going to be us, despite us being amazing.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 05, 2015, 06:51:07 pm »

So? This isn't a Bethesda game.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: February 05, 2015, 06:54:59 pm »

Well it should be the best candidate who gets the job, irrespective of what pieces of paper have been gained over the course of their existence.

Given our relationship with the mages guild, and the fact we're the most awesomest mage in the world, I think we should at least warrant an invite to the thing, even if we're not going the be the new guild master. But we didn't, so fuck 'em :P

Un67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: February 05, 2015, 07:10:05 pm »

Honestly, I don't think we're actually all that good at magic. The way I usually play this game, I tend to have several different spell schools maxed out by now. It's more like our character is incredibly resourceful compared to most wizards, since we actually know something useful besides magic.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 07:11:53 pm by Un67 »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: February 05, 2015, 07:11:28 pm »

Even just based on what we've done for the public view of mages, we deserve some recognition. I don't like them :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 05, 2015, 07:13:06 pm »

Honestly, I don't think we're actually all that good at magic. The way I usually play this game, I tend to have several different spell schools maxed out by now. It's more like our character is incredibly resourceful compared to most wizards, since we actually know something useful besides magic.

The game gives us pretty good context for how powerful actual wizards are.

Remember how little divination we actually needed to solve the problem happening in the Wizard's very own wizard guild? what was it? 35

Wizards suck at magic.

This is excluding the fact that the game CLEARLY inflates and deflates the checks at several points... So often the point requirement is quite high even though it might be a simple task just because it appears much later.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 07:15:32 pm by Neonivek »

Un67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: February 05, 2015, 07:16:04 pm »

The wizards were happy to have the alcohol, and I even heard that a few toasts were made to me, the royal wizard. I heard that a young mage named Aram had been voted in as the new Archmage. Eventually, things went back to normal.
(Mage Faction +20)

I remember the day I received word that my parents had died. Hermann and Harold accompanied me back to my village to pay our respects. The service was nearly empty of people; my parents hadn't been well-liked. I felt bad that I hadn't found the secret of the amulet before they passed on.My family house was sold, and I was given the proceeds.

1) I donated the money to charity.
2) I kept the money.

Spoiler: Current Stats (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 85