Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 85

Author Topic: Let's Choose in Life of a Wizard!  (Read 68313 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Choose in Life of a Wizard!
« Reply #870 on: January 31, 2015, 08:22:04 pm »

Our people won't be hungry so we'll end up with more citizens to tax down the line. Remember we have a troll life time.

I say we hold off on anything low... and hope it improves

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 31, 2015, 09:07:23 pm »

4 sounds good.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 31, 2015, 09:07:43 pm »

I'm hoping the game might give us an opportunity to import food when we improve infrastructure, but who knows.

Edit: I'm not sure I see any reason to improve faith before agriculture or infrastructure, unless you want people to think their present poverty is all part of God's plan or something like that. Not seeing the benefit to that beyond "They won't revolt to overthrow us!", though. And that's why we hired the Fighter's Guil-- oh wait, that's right, we drafted people instead.  ::)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:09:36 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 31, 2015, 09:23:12 pm »

I'm hoping the game might give us an opportunity to import food when we improve infrastructure, but who knows.

Edit: I'm not sure I see any reason to improve faith before agriculture or infrastructure, unless you want people to think their present poverty is all part of God's plan or something like that. Not seeing the benefit to that beyond "They won't revolt to overthrow us!", though. And that's why we hired the Fighter's Guil-- oh wait, that's right, we drafted people instead.  ::)
Actually, I'm pretty sure we drafted the Fighter's Guild.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 31, 2015, 09:25:25 pm »

Actually, I'm pretty sure we drafted the Fighter's Guild.

... wow, we did. That's even worse. It's not like we were using that 2000 gold... They might be skilled, but they'll have every incentive to not do what we want and to not support us in the future.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:27:09 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 31, 2015, 09:50:58 pm »

Honestly, I don't think the author actually took into account the order you improve things in. I'm fairly sure that only the end result is considered.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 01, 2015, 03:07:10 am »

3, since we're guaranteed a good result. Any skill we gain in the course of doing that will benefit us elsewhere.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #877 on: February 01, 2015, 03:35:25 am »

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 01, 2015, 04:10:15 am »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 01, 2015, 04:20:07 am »

Do we only have so many actions before we run out of time or something?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #880 on: February 01, 2015, 06:52:24 am »

3, since we're guaranteed a good result. Any skill we gain in the course of doing that will benefit us elsewhere.
+1

Un67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 01, 2015, 08:20:15 am »

Yes. We will have a limited number of opportunities to improve the different aspects of the kingdom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 01, 2015, 03:30:29 pm »

+1

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 01, 2015, 04:28:47 pm »

The defense of Daria was split into two areas, internal and external. City guards were trained to defend against bandits and wild creatures, while the army was trained to defend against other nations and magical invasions. I consulted with the generals, captains, and other officers, sharing my vast knowledge of military strategy.
(Kingdom Faction +20)

It didn't take long to see that King Travis was going to have troubles as a ruler. I knew that he wasn't trained to be king, but I hoped that with my knowledge, he could learn. Unfortunately, I couldn't teach him confidence and strength. He had been a timid and nervous boy, and now he was a timid and nervous king. I began to question my decision to put him on the throne.

More trouble arrived a few years into my time as the royal court wizard. The Elemental Plane of Fire seemed to declare war upon Daria, and suddenly every fire in the land became a portal into the fiery dimension, and elementals poured into the land. The fire creatures killed many citizens and burned down many houses; most of the kingdom thought that the Gods themselves were angry at our nation, but I knew that there had to be an arcane reason for the incursion.

I used the Dragonwish.
I knew about Summoning, so I sought to unsummon them all. (Needs 70 Summoning)
I used magic to find the problem. (Needs 40 Divination)
I communed with the Gods. (Needs 65 Religion)
I had no idea how to stop the onslaught.

I suspected that the Gods would not be pleased that they were being blamed for the attack, and I was correct. One of the fiery portals was held open by divine will for me to enter and deal with the problem.
(Religion +20, Arcana +10)

I crossed through one of the portals and entered the Elemental Plane of Fire. It took a lot of magic not to succumb to the intense heat and brightness.

I used the Dragonwish.
My magic told me where to go. (Needs 70 Divination)
I knew the geography of the Elemental Plane of Fire. (Needs 65 Arcana)
I didn't know where to go.

It had seemed like a useless piece of information at the time, but my reading into magical things had mentioned a great castle where the Fire Lord lived. I went in the direction I had read about and found the castle. Once I entered, I saw the Fire Lord who was causing all of the trouble.
(Geography +10, Arcana +10)

The Fire Lord was ten feet tall and continuously engulfed in flames. The smell of brimstone hung in the air as he looked down upon me. He seemed to be more curious than angry at my intrusion.

1) I used the Dragonwish.
I battled him with ice. (Needs 60 Conjuration)
I talked to him. (Needs 55 Personality)

2) I offered him the lives of a hundred peasants.
3) I ran away.

Spoiler: Current Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:11:41 pm by Un67 »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 01, 2015, 04:29:57 pm »

1). It's the only non-evil thing
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 85