Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 85

Author Topic: Let's Choose in Life of a Wizard!  (Read 68359 times)

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Choose in Life of a Wizard!
« Reply #795 on: January 29, 2015, 08:57:05 pm »

I got to be the hero in the lie we told the people. I was commended for my bravery and for preserving the royal line by stopping the assassin from killing both princes.
(Fame +1)

Nobody questioned the death of the king, Princess Emily, Prince Eric, and Wizard Fraledan. We were able to bury the bodies before anyone had a chance to investigate our story and uncover the truth. Queen Audrey, King Gareth and Princess Emily's mother, was never the same after the death of her children and became unfit to rule. I suspected that her living with the Mad King had probably caused more damage than his death, but either way she abdicated the throne. Prince Travis, as the next in line, was crowned king a few days after King Gareth's funeral.

After having spent a few weeks in the castle helping King Travis through his troubles, I was eager to leave. My parting never happened, however, because King Travis declared me to be the new royal wizard. I was taken completely by surprise; even my Divination magic hadn't foreseen this turn of events! It was a historic moment, a troll becoming the royal wizard to the king of Daria.

1) I decided that I would strive to bring forth a new Golden Age for Daria.
2) I decided that I would dominate all the lands, using Daria as my tool.

Spoiler: Current Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:09:50 pm by Un67 »

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 29, 2015, 09:00:53 pm »

1 We should make the kingdom successful again.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 29, 2015, 09:06:22 pm »

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 29, 2015, 09:17:34 pm »

These weirdly binary moral choices are probably a lot funnier when you're an omnipotent ferengi death wizard. "Well, I did just incinerate an orphanage instead of buying firewood, but I have strong feelings about universal health care..."

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 29, 2015, 09:22:36 pm »

We're shit at agriculture and economics but are a grandmaster at diplomacy, divining, healing, fighting, and warcraft, with high scores in religion, arcana, and history. Dominating the world is almost certainly going to be easier, so:

2! Try to take over the world! (and then think of all the good we can do to it! Mwah-ha-ha)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:24:23 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: January 29, 2015, 09:32:57 pm »

It might actually be easier to dominate the world, but not for the reasons you're thinking of. Let's just say that all the skills you listed will come in handy at some point.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #801 on: January 29, 2015, 10:09:50 pm »

We're shit at agriculture and economics but are a grandmaster at diplomacy, divining, healing, fighting, and warcraft, with high scores in religion, arcana, and history. Dominating the world is almost certainly going to be easier, so:

2! Try to take over the world! (and then think of all the good we can do to it! Mwah-ha-ha)
+1.
I think it will be interesting!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #802 on: January 29, 2015, 10:16:45 pm »

+1.
Exactly. Like every "villain" before us, we will try to conquer the world with good intentions. Only unlike them, we will actually succeed and create a utopia, not only for us, but for Harold too, a mighty kingdom that will retain its greatness long after our death. There will be no wars, no senseless attacks between nations. Nobody will be harassed by illegal toll collectors. All armies will band together to face the pestilence of dragons, instead of relying on small bands of adventurers. Nobody will have to suffer deaths of their loved ones at the hands elven armies like we did. As an angel, it is our job, nay, our duty to protect the world from itself. And if some extra blood has to be spilt to achieve that... than so be it. Their sacrifices will be for the greater good. They will be greatly outweighed by the lives saved in the long run.

Therefore, 2.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 29, 2015, 10:17:49 pm »

+1.
Exactly. Like every "villain" before us, we will try to conquer the world with good intentions. Only unlike them, we will actually succeed and create a utopia, not only for us, but for Harold too, a mighty kingdom that will retain its greatness long after our death. There will be no wars, no senseless attacks between nations. Nobody will be harassed by illegal toll collectors. All armies will band together to face the pestilence of dragons, instead of relying on small bands of adventurers. Nobody will have to suffer deaths of their loved ones at the hands elven armies like we did. As an angel, it is our job, nay, our duty to protect the world from itself. And if some extra blood has to be spilt to achieve that... than so be it. Their sacrifices will be for the greater good. They will be greatly outweighed by the lives saved in the long run.

Therefore, 2.

Changing my vote to 2.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 29, 2015, 11:35:19 pm »

2! for the love of everything holy, 2!

We gotta teach young Harold that having power means abusing it and taking over the world.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 30, 2015, 02:19:29 am »

2... HOPEFULLY the game won't just make this option super evil.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 30, 2015, 02:59:00 am »

well, it seems 2 will win.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 30, 2015, 04:14:00 am »

Is this really still the bay12 forum ???  (well, we prefered learning about Nature over Smithing and are bros with the treelovers, so probably not)

It might actually be easier to dominate the world
In that case I obvoiusly choose 1

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 30, 2015, 04:21:56 am »

+1.

Therefore, 2.
..I agree. 2!

Gradiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 30, 2015, 06:19:37 am »

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 85