Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 85

Author Topic: Let's Choose in Life of a Wizard!  (Read 68361 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Choose in Life of a Wizard!
« Reply #765 on: January 28, 2015, 11:16:30 pm »

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 29, 2015, 02:01:00 am »

4, obviously. Aren't you guys rooting for the dragon too?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 29, 2015, 02:21:34 am »

4, obviously. Aren't you guys rooting for the dragon too?
I would but when he said this little spiel:
Now that you know my story, you must die. As you have learned, it is my nature to defeat any who rival me. Goodbye, friend
he was unwilling to consider the possibility of winning without murder.
Gorl has a son to think of and numerous troll years ahead of her.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 29, 2015, 02:37:58 am »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 29, 2015, 02:40:30 am »

Truthfully this MIGHT give us more body

But I just like the idea of using our incredible martial arts (clearly a pre-requisite to become a historian) to dodge a blast of flame and open the dragon up for the kill.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 29, 2015, 02:51:52 am »

Truthfully this MIGHT give us more body

But I just like the idea of using our incredible martial arts (clearly a pre-requisite to become a historian) to dodge a blast of flame and open the dragon up for the kill.
+1
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 29, 2015, 08:41:50 am »

Hrrm. That's a good point. I may change my vote.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 29, 2015, 10:21:09 am »

Also, just bought this and ended up a Lich with 350 points out of 850 possible points.

Missed conquering the world by ONE POINT. So unfair.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 29, 2015, 01:32:12 pm »

Hey Hey Hey! spoilers... I don't even want to know what can happen in this game :P

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 29, 2015, 02:12:32 pm »

7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 29, 2015, 02:50:32 pm »

As the enormous claw descended, I rolled out of the way. I remember lying on the ground with the mighty dragon Parnaxxus standing over me. Only I was left; Stewart, Hermann and Maris lay scattered about the cavern. I closed my eyes and spoke quickly, calling forth a bolt of pure arcane energy. The dragon advanced, thinking he had won the fight, but when I opened my eyes, he paused, perhaps feeling fear for the first time. My magical energy blasted forth from both of my hands, striking the dragon in the chest and tearing through his scaly armor. I clambered to my feet just in the nick of time as the dragon crashed to the ground where I had been lying. I had slain the mighty dragon Parnaxxus!

I walked slowly around the enormous corpse and returned to my party members. I revived Hermann first, who then used her divine magic to restore everyone else. It was an exhilarating time as we returned to the dead dragon and looked at what I had done. The magical blast had burned the heart out of the beast.

The dragon's lair was filled with treasure of all kinds. We weren't disappointed: gold, jewellery, and magical items were heaped into piles. It took us weeks to bring it all back to Tornassa, but the best piece of treasure was the softly glowing orb called a Dragonwish. This powerful piece of Dragon-magic could only be used once, which sent my mind reeling with the possibilities. Naturally, we retired from adventuring, as there was no need to put ourselves in harm's way anymore, and we were easily the most famous people in Daria.
(Gold +10000, Fame +10, Gained Dragonwish)

I looked forward to moving my wife out of the Full Cup Inn and into a real house, and it would be good for Harold as well. My fellow party members moved out almost right away, eager to begin a normal life. They took all of the extra unused equipment with them. Before I could find a new place to live, however, something historic happened.

It all began with a summons from the court wizard, Fraledan, to come to the castle immediately. I went right away and was allowed access past all the guards. The castle was a great representation of the kingdom; everything was in disrepair and looked untidy. The inner soldiers were standing outside the throne room doors, and they looked nervous. I approached with some apprehension, but they must have been told I was coming because they stepped aside to let me pass.

I entered the throne room and saw King Gareth sitting on his throne, reloading a crossbow. His hair was more silver than gray, but he was still in excellent physical shape. Prince Eric, his son, stood beside him with a panicked expression on his face. Prince Eric had grown into a handsome man at the age of 20, and he looked like his father. They were both staring across the room, where Prince Travis stood with the royal wizard Fraledan standing in front of him. Prince Travis was 29 years old and looked like his grandfather, the late King Norbert. At his feet, I saw an unmoving bundle of rich clothing with a spreading pool of bright red blood beneath it. It was Princess Emily, dead by the Mad King's own hand.

"This is madness!" Fraledan boomed, his gnarled oak staff gripped tightly in his hand.

King Gareth was giggling as he continued to turn the windlass on his crossbow. Drool ran from the corner of his mouth, and his dark eyes looked slightly out of focus.

"He must die, he'll have babies!" King Gareth said in a high-pitched voice. "Like a litter of rats, they'll come against me and try to take my throne!"

"No, uncle," Prince Travis said, his voice choked with emotion.

"Gareth, you've killed Emily," Fraledan said in a low voice, trying to make the Mad King see what he had done.

"Travis is your nephew, he loves you and supports you. Prince Eric is the rightful heir, there is no threat."

"Kill him!" King Gareth demanded of me. It was an enormous decision and I had no time to think about it.

1) I did as my king requested, blasting Prince Travis with fire.
2) The madness had gone too far, so I cast my magic against Gareth, the Mad King.

Spoiler: Current Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:09:29 pm by Un67 »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 29, 2015, 02:54:47 pm »

I guess we need to cleanse him with fire.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 29, 2015, 03:13:28 pm »

2). Burn him. BURN THEM ALL!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 29, 2015, 03:17:17 pm »

2!
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 29, 2015, 03:27:53 pm »

No "blast both of them with fire and then take the throne yourself?"

: /
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 85