Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 85

Author Topic: Let's Choose in Life of a Wizard!  (Read 68248 times)

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Choose in Life of a Wizard!
« Reply #570 on: January 22, 2015, 06:16:17 pm »

The mayor and all of the villagers burst into applause at these words. They didn't have a lot of money, and the coins they had intended to give me would be better used somewhere else.
(Good +15, Fame +1)

My party and I packed our bags and left my small village.

I was 32 years old when the great dragon Parnaxxus renewed his terrible wrath upon the land. King Gareth's reign was tearing the kingdom apart, and the dragon was decimating what was left. The Fighters Guild did very well through these years, gaining many contracts to defend villagers and merchants from the mighty beast. Stewart, a dues-paying member of the guild, was approached by the guild leader for a lucrative contract. Our fighter wasn't hired away from our party; instead, the entire party was offered a job.

The guild hall in Tornassa had grown rich from the fear Parnaxxus was instilling in the land, even though the fighters who were hired out could do little against the mighty beast. The guild leader brought the entire party into his office and told us what he needed. A mighty wizard had hired the Fighters Guild to protect him against Parnaxxus. The guild sent a dozen fighters, but when the dragon attacked his tower, all twelve fighters were killed and the tower was laid to waste. The contract was fulfilled, the fighters had fought to the best of their abilities, but the mage refused to pay. The Mage Guild refused to get involved. We were to speak to the mage and get the 1000 gold that was owed to the Fighters Guild.

We looked over our equipment and trained in our skills before we left.

(Now that we have 1500 gold, we can buy Maris an enchanted dagger.)

1) Buy Maris an enchanted dagger.
2) Don't buy Maris an enchanted dagger.

Spoiler: Current Stats (click to show/hide)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 22, 2015, 06:21:40 pm »

1. I don't see why not... unless it has the possibility of being a cursed dagger?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 22, 2015, 06:27:24 pm »

It's just an upgrade to the normal dagger, which gives her +1 power.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 22, 2015, 06:27:52 pm »

Well... I think that's fine then.

1 it is
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 22, 2015, 11:38:11 pm »

1, might as well.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 22, 2015, 11:38:50 pm »

1, money isn't THAT useful for non-stabbity enabling stuff.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 23, 2015, 12:52:21 am »

1, money isn't THAT useful for non-stabbity enabling stuff.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 23, 2015, 08:30:59 am »

2, lets not waste all our money in a trinket, please. A trinket that we could make if we study smithing, as i said.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 23, 2015, 09:55:47 am »

There's actually a lot of gear we're only a few skill checks from getting. I have no idea how often we're going to get a chance to study smithing, though.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 23, 2015, 11:47:23 am »

We packed up our belongings and left the tavern. The wizard was living in a tent outside of the ruins of his tower. It wasn't very far from Tornassa, so we walked. Parnaxxus had really decimated the poor man's residence; bricks, broken equipment, and scattered herbs lay everywhere.

"Why should I pay the guild for their failure?" the wizard reasoned. "And even if I wanted to, I can't. Everything I owned was in my tower, and it's in shambles."

I spoke to the wizard.

He was very reasonable, saying that the dragon had destroyed his tower and that he needed every bit of gold he had left in order to rebuild. He also said that it wasn't right that he would have to pay the Fighters Guild when they hadn't been able to protect him or his tower from the dragon.

I suggested that he sell his broken equipment in order to pay the debt. (Needs 30 Economics)
I talked him into paying his debt. (Needs 40 Personality)

1) I attacked him, trying to force him to pay his debt.
2) I gave up and walked away.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 23, 2015, 12:00:04 pm »

At this point 2. Attacking him will probably lead to a fight to the death, and that's a bit pointless.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 23, 2015, 12:23:33 pm »

At this point 2. Attacking him will probably lead to a fight to the death, and that's a bit pointless.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 23, 2015, 12:36:21 pm »

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 23, 2015, 12:47:56 pm »

2. Indeed. Besides, he's a kindred soul to us.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Un67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 23, 2015, 01:11:01 pm »

The Fighters Guild wasn't happy not to be paid, and they said that they would have to find someone else for the job.
(Fighters Guild -5)

I remember the historic day when the entire kingdom shook from an enormous earthquake, even though it wasn't until weeks later that the results were known. A small village named Scone, in southern Daria, had suddenly started being attacked from within. Their temple had begun to spew forth all manner of foul beasts. Many adventuring parties took it upon themselves to investigate the tunnels below. This vast dungeon soon became known as the Abyss.

We didn't try our luck until nearly halfway into our adventuring career, many years after the monsters had appeared. We didn't want to be just another party of adventurers defeated deep beneath the ground. We decided that the time was right for our party to test its skills against the great dungeon. The only other challenge that took every member of my party's skill into account was when we met Parnaxxus, but that didn't happen until much later.

Dog was happy to be moving, and so were the other mounts that the rest of my party were riding. It was a nice ride as we traveled to the small village of Scone.
(Geography +3)

We witnessed the tail-end of a terrible massacre when we arrived in Scone. There were at least five people dead, but they had captured the culprit alive. To my chagrin, I realized that it was a troll, like myself. The warriors who had captured it looked at me with suspicion, but my clothing and mannerisms made them leave me alone. The troll lay at their feet, wrapped securely in chains while its new wounds regenerated before our eyes.

1) I tried to speak to the troll.
2) I left the area quickly.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 85