Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Where shall the game begin?

Seedy Tavern (the one from TLA, still around)
- 5 (100%)
Omashu
- 0 (0%)
Pancaek's Tea Shop in Republic City
- 0 (0%)
Misty Palms Oasis
- 0 (0%)
Other (post it!)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Interest Check & Planning thread - Avatar / Legend of Korra game  (Read 11605 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check & Planning thread - Avatar / Legend of Korra game
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2014, 10:47:28 am »

Okay, so, some things that may affect your character decisions...
First off, the players are probably going to be mercenaries working for... someone.
I don't know if anyone knows but if anyone wants one person may have very rare bending abilities. Like Combustion man's.
The earth kingdom is ruled by magic Stalin and he/she may or may not be putting firebenders into concentration camps with water benders.
And finally, there's a very important event that will happen that comes once a century. A certain bending style could rival the spirit bombs during it most likely.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2014, 11:11:27 am »

so, will our mercenary work be mostly front lines/ combat stuff? Because if so I may want to rethink making a nonbender stealth guy.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2014, 11:20:52 am »

Front Lines Combat, I knew It!

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2014, 11:24:51 am »

Are we mercenaries in the soldier sense, or are we thugs for hire who takes jobs from anybody?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2014, 11:38:28 am »

so, will our mercenary work be mostly front lines/ combat stuff? Because if so I may want to rethink making a nonbender stealth guy.
Well, the thing I heard that our first mission will be is smuggling so I doubt it.

Are we mercenaries in the soldier sense, or are we thugs for hire who takes jobs from anybody?
I'm assuming in the thug sense.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2014, 11:43:51 am »

Why not both?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2014, 12:08:12 pm »

Beige is Earth Empire, Grey is United Republic. Blue are North and South water tribes, who had a civil war in the show and are now separate but allied nations. Brown is Fire Nation. The red marks are irrelevant.

Both the UR and the EE hire mercenaries to cause trouble for each other, since any direct warfare is stopped by thread of Mutually Assured Destruction via Spirit Weapons. Smuggling over the border between the two is also profitable (but very dangerous) work. Around the world, mercenaries might find work for criminal elements (or law enforcement) as well as various other jobs.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2014, 12:16:40 pm »

Okay was Gunther accepted?

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2014, 12:16:45 pm »

Name:Unknown
Alignment:True neutral

Appearance:Standing at five eight, not much is know about their appearance. They are constantly wear long coats and bandanas. Their face is covered except for their eyes, which are blue in color. Their hair color is unknown. They wear dark gloves and boots. Even on blistering hot days, they won't wear anything besides that. Not even their gender is a known fact.

Back-story: Little is known about them or their history. They seemed to suddenly have appeared as a figure. They were seen multiple times in different places. They have killed many people during full moons, and is accused of bloodbending. They have become a mercenary, though it's unknown how somebody got in contact with them.

Positive Traits: They move quietly, despite all the heavy clothing they where. As such, they are skilled with stealth attacks. They are also feared. This makes it easier to intimidate people.

Negative Traits: they are feared, and people will often avoid and attempt to stay away from him. He would also get taken for questioning by guards.
Skills
Bloodbending
Waterbending
Stealth
Knives

Preferred Starting Inventory/Equipment
Standard attire, steel knife.

Is it okay if I make and send you the revealed version, Hugo?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 12:22:49 pm by Yourmaster »
10/10.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2014, 12:18:35 pm »

Name:Unknown
Alignment:True neutral

Appearance:Standing at five eight, not much is know about their appearance. They are constantly wear long coats and bandanas. Their face is covered except for their eyes, which are blue in color. Their hair color is unknown. They wear dark gloves and boots. Even on blistering hot days, they won't wear anything besides that. Not even their gender is a known fact.

Back-story: Little is known about them or their history. They seemed to suddenly have appeared as a figure. They were seen multiple times in different places. They have killed many people during full moons, and is accused of bloodbending. They have become a mercenary, though it's unknown how somebody got in contact with them.

Positive Traits: They move quietly, despite all the heavy clothing they where. As such, they are skilled with stealth attacks. They are also feared. This makes it easier to intimidate people.

Negative Traits: they are feared, and people will often avoid and attempt to stay away from him. He would also get taken for questioning by guards.
Skills
Bloodbending
Waterbending
Stealth
Knives

I doubt it would faze Gunther, But dang.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2014, 12:19:44 pm »

What?
Ya got a problem with my bio, punk? You wanna take this outside the... Moniter? Really, what's wrong with it?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 12:21:43 pm by Yourmaster »
10/10.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2014, 12:22:24 pm »

Dude, not fair The Flying Spaghetti Monster vs. A random Kobold, No amount of luck could save Me! But seriously though pretty awesome bio.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2014, 12:35:40 pm »

Gunther may need a different name, since most names in the setting are Asian-ey (though Water Tribe is a bit more unique). Also, I'm not sure how many millionaires there really are, but judging by the ones we've seen in the show they have pretty good security (or fighting skills!). Perhaps he might have killed somewhat less-rich people? Not sure how liked he'd be by hobos if he was such a violent drunk, since a murderous reputation would probably make him scary.

Yourmaster: yeah, you should probably PM me that version. Sounds like the waterbending equivalent of Combustion Man, which is cool. Presumably he or she would have a nickname used amongst those in the know, though.

Note on the character sheets: alignment probably isn't a thing, since the character's behavior/morality would probably be covered in their bio. Also, some of the characters in the setting are a little hard to place on the DnD scale.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2014, 12:45:30 pm »

Gunther may need a different name, since most names in the setting are Asian-ey (though Water Tribe is a bit more unique). Also, I'm not sure how many millionaires there really are, but judging by the ones we've seen in the show they have pretty good security (or fighting skills!). Perhaps he might have killed somewhat less-rich people? Not sure how liked he'd be by hobos if he was such a violent drunk, since a murderous reputation would probably make him scary.

Yourmaster: yeah, you should probably PM me that version. Sounds like the waterbending equivalent of Combustion Man, which is cool. Presumably he or she would have a nickname used amongst those in the know, though.

Note on the character sheets: alignment probably isn't a thing, since the character's behavior/morality would probably be covered in their bio. Also, some of the characters in the setting are a little hard to place on the DnD scale.
The great thing about the DnD scale is that those types can fit pretty firmly in neutral or evil most likely.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2014, 12:49:53 pm »

Gunther is well liked by the Homeless community and local Drunkards because of his insane levels of generosity, For example he wouldn't think twice about giving a random starving child upwards of 3 million dollars, You know the whole steal from the Rich give to the poor mentality. He is very kind and easy-going apart from combat and he is very rude to Fire-Benders.
Also I don't know about changing the Name but I'll think of a backup if you insist/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12