Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Lets Play! The Movies SE -Update 7- Super PR Blitz Go!!  (Read 16170 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Lessee, Zombie Western? I just watched Gallowwalkers!

So, the obvious. Showdown at high noon. One guy shoots the other guy. Then goes about his business. But wait, the shot guy comes back for REVEEEEEEEEEEENGE! Possibly with a zombie posse or something.
I'd like to be the zombie in this movie. Oh, yes. Braaaaains, pardner.

Given the rate of hiring I'm doing, you'll be hired as an actor in a couple of decades. But I can still name the zombie character after you  :P
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Well, if you need stuntmen or directors, I'm down for that, too. Whatever, really.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think stunts don't become available until the 60s

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Episode 6 - In Which Screenwriters Repeat Themselves (Again)

Since our last screenwriter Sci Fi script landed us a number one movie, I task the motley crew to give me another top notch, out of this world, Science Fiction masterpiece! Let's repeat our previous success! And they give me.....this...

The Emptyminders- Featuring Alfimi and Zapp. Directed by Iron. The pictures speak for themselves!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
THIS IS NOT WHAT I MEANT BY REPEAT PREVIOUS SUCCESS. Yes folks, even with an 'improved' screenwriter hut, the geniuses behind the typewriters have yet again rehashed one of our previous movies. Maybe, just maybe, they wanted to see the movie in our new and improved color film. IDIOTS ARRRGGGHHHHHHH. Then the ratings come in.
And so, the public defies all logic by catapulting this repeat  all the way to the top of the charts. Again. Everyone is insane here. And drunk.
DID I MENTION DRUNK? With our 'Best Rising Studio' award, fears of addiction are a thing of the past! And lo and behold, everyone was making drinking buddies in between films
I guess having a studio lot full of drunken schlubs means its time to make more films before anyone gets bored of taking shots. Thus two words: Zombie Western. Why? WHY NOT?!?

The Good, The Bad, The Undead
- Bank Robber Jack Euchre is gunned down, turns zombie because plot demands it and tries to maul Abe Lincoln and Zapp Brannigan.
  The public ended up loving this sort of avant garde genre mashing and gave it a rating of 2.4 stars, shooting it to the top of the charts. If only for a short while.
Zapp gets a trailer upgrade for his troubles
As usual, he tries to hit up Alfimi at the bar. But this time....
  Back at the Gneiss Picture's Laboratory, all of our scientists have juiced their brains to the point where they have researched EVERYTHING currently open for research at this point in time. EVERYTHING! By my estimations we have technology that the other studios won't get until the mid 50s and its only the mid 30s! Talk about being ahead of the curve.
  That means we now have a geometric SHITLOAD of new sets to plop on our studio lot. As usual, they will be promptly ignored by those lacking short term memory. You now, OUR SCREENWRITERS.
Oh yeah, Bigby decided to be funny and ran off with Barney and a comedy screenwriter script. Probably because he got bored. Wait, what?!? Iron was directing it, too?!? I guess he didn't want to be pigeonholed as our epic Sci Fi director with the funny face.

The Kid Rode Away- In yet another Western...Comedy...Thing, Bigby fails to rob a bank and bribes his way out. Seriously, that's all to it.
It nets...2.4 stars. Well, haven't we been seeing that number alot. It doesn't open anywhere near top of the charts though, probably since Bigby is bottom bottom on star rankings right now.
We meet our goals again. Woo! This unlocks yet another screenwriter's hut, but that bumps up our maximum script quality to 3 stars!
I'm still weary of what sort of madness stirs within our screenwriting team's brains, but I still flip them the new hut. Nothing could possibly go wrong!
All that happened in five years. Huh, guess quality of quantity is the new rule of thumb here at Gneiss. OFF TO THE AWARD CEREMONY!
CREAMBOAT WINS NOTHING LOL. ALSO, PERKS ACTIVATE!
When I get back to the studio, I receive news that war has broken out in Europe. COMEDY - UP, SCI FI - DOWN Well, uh, shit.

What to expect next time!

With the advent of 3 star scripts, Expect to see more fleshed out films! Keep the plots coming!

BONUS!- The Good, The Bad, The Undead

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile

I guess Stockholm Syndrome is finally setting in for Alfimi.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Gotta admit, I laughed pretty hard when I saw myself as a character, even though it was Jack playing me.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

SUCK IT CREAMBOAT! AGAIN!

Once again, Iron displays his prophet-like vision by scuttling into a comedy just as his forte crashes into the sun!

Speaking of which, Alfimi needs to be in everything ever regardless of genre. So with that in mind:

Alfimi is living on a space ship. Or something. Moon colony? Anyway, she's living there with Zapp, but Zapp keeps swapping himself out with a robot and Alfimi is none the wiser! Genius! Comedic genius, int his case, because that's the label I put on the cover!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Do what you can to recreate this guy :P
Whenever you'll need a new actor or something, of course.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Wonder what would happen if you try to make a Dragonball movie in this...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 10:08:50 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

a live-action Dragonball movie, just to see what happens.
Evidence suggests the primary effect is me raging over somebody dying to a fucking gun.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Wonder what would happen if you try to make a Dragonball movie in this...

I'll keep this in mind as we unlock more sets

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play! The Movies SE -Update 7- Super PR Blitz Go!!
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2015, 11:05:00 pm »

Episode 7- Super PR Blitz Go!!
 Hooooooo, what do we have here, Zapp Brannigan? Something interesting? Ah I see...
But before we get to that movie, let's turn the clock back a little. Another box has appeared in our labs and is almost instantaneously researched by our award powered scientists. This unlocks FULL TECHNICOLOR FILM. So no more filters, no more black and white, no more some color some black and white!
Naturally, this advanced cutting edge technology is applied to Iron's new Sci Fi film. Despite the war in Europe turning people away from Sci Fi movies and to Comedy, don't forget our 'Trend Setter' bonus for being NUMBUH ONE STUDIO

Judged by Machine- The one where the robot kidnaps the lady! Zapp has never looked better in a clunky box robot costume! At least until the next movie where he's in a clunky box robot costume. A Sci Fi masterpiece by Iron! (Who else?)
I'm very pleased by the ratings. Verrryyyyy pleased. THREE STARS
This release pushes us through our set goals! I am now a 'Respected Studio Head.' Onto the next one!
As a 'reward' for becoming a 'Respected Studio Head', I earn a Publicity Office for our studio adding another annoying layer of micromanagement more exciting possibilities! Now instead of filming a movie and shipping it out all willy nilly, I have to competently manage how much public exposure a movie gets and the appropriate funding. All through dragging and dropping! Yay!
  Iron's previous success with crude looking box robots has inspired him to create another screenplay featuring a crude looking box robot! His kinda not romance kinda not Sci Fi kinda sorta comedy reeks of potential. After all, he is the number two man in Hollywood, right before the lovely Ms. Einst.
I tell him to sit on it and chill. Did he not listen to the PR spiel I rambler on about earlier? I throw it in the publicity office so our boys can do some sort of exclusive radio trailer or whatever it is people do in the 1940s world of advertisement.
Elsewhere on the lot, Barney and his action boys also disregard my PR advice and begin shooting a movie. Featuring NAZIS! And COWBOYS! Mainly because we're all at war with them. The Nazi's I mean.
PR on Iron's RomSciCom continues as Alfimi gets a taste of *gasp* Speaking to the press! What does she talk about? The world will never know.
At lease this is a step up than the usual way the media and press interact with her. Bunch of creeps
Barney's movie comes back to me and its dripping with patriotism

Time Rifle- Union soldier Abe Lincoln is mysterious sent foward in time to fight nefarious Nazi men Jack Euchre and Zapp Brannigan, before all three are time fluxed into a high noon showdown. GOD BLESS AMERICA
  I do a half-assed PR thingy and pick an equally half-assed release budget for such a movie with half-assed publicity. The ratings come in
  Yeah....
  That's right....
  I'm reading that right. 4.2 stars.
  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo
*Ahem* Filming starts on Iron's thingy after he has sufficiently chilled (read: crammed massive amounts of food and alchol down until the stress went away)
I look at my watch and it tells me that its already 1945! Gee, where does all the time go! That says alot about the time investment in these big complex stories! Compare that to the rapid fire movie production of the 20s. And as always, its off to the award show!
No surprises, I hope.
Yup. The cycle of domination continues. We net the usual 'Best Lot' and 'Top Studio'. Alfimi nets her second 'Highest Charting Star' award. We also net the 'Best Picture' award for the first time since our studio's founding. Old Rope and Rigormortis retain the 'Most Prolific' and 'Highest Rising'  awards respectively while Gusset steals the 'Best Employer' award. THOSE FIENDS.
Next time there's a 'Best Direction' award up for grabs. Hmmm. You hear that Iron? Barney? Yessssss..
Our activated bonuses continue to activate
Just in time for Iron to finish filming on his multi genre somthing and I do a couple more PR spins on it before I ship it out.

Love Robo- In something that is absolutely not from Japan, Zapp Brannigan sneaks out of a relationship with Alfimi using a robot that looks nothing like him! A comedy for the ages!
  The reviews come back in. 4 STARS!
  Iron and Alfimi get a trailor improvement for their troubles!
Lastly, before I go, here's a look at the current state of the studio lot. As usual, NEW SETS!
And now for the whole shebang.
NEXT TIME!

BONUS: Judged By Machine
             Time Rifle
             Love Robo

What do you want to see next time?!?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2015, 01:47:17 pm »

Leeroy Jenkins: The Movie

Also, hire 'Florence' from Yugioh Abridged.

Curious, why do you have all the videos of the movies under 'unlisted' on the youtube channel?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:52:21 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2015, 02:05:07 pm »

Time Rifle 2: This time, the nazis send a assasin to the past to kill Lt. Burns before he can foil their plans again!....or something to that effect, anyway :P

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2015, 02:07:07 pm »

Curious, why do you have all the videos of the movies under 'unlisted' on the youtube channel?

You think these things should be public?!?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4