Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Axis and Allies: 200BC  (Read 2513 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Axis and Allies: 200BC
« on: December 28, 2014, 09:15:00 pm »

Howdy guys. I need some lab rats to balance out this forum game I've come up with.

It's short, it's sweet, it's simple, it's based on a classic board game with tested rules - with some changes, of course.

The aim of the game is to, alone or as part of a Federation, conquer all other opposing forces' capitals. However, you can only form federations with your own cultural partners.

(Gauls, Celts, Britons, Scythians) / (Northern Rome, Southern Rome, Greeks) / (Ptolemic, Seleucid, Carthage)

First Come, First Serve - post the nation you want to play as

Spoiler: World Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Game Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: In your first post... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 06:50:17 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Axis and Allies: 200BC
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 09:18:55 pm »

Explain research further?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 09:22:06 pm »

Explain research further?

There would be six possible technologies.
- +1 IPC per settlement.
- 2 units placable per settlement (Instead of 1).
- +1 Attack/Defence for ground troops.
- +1 Attack/Defence for naval troops.
- +0.5 (rounded up) dice attacks pre-battle when defending with archers.
- *2 transport capacity for transports.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 09:24:04 pm »

- Each IPC invested in in research will roll a 1d6.
- Each resarch roll costs 5 IPC.

Does that mean you have to roll 5d6 every time you research? (Edit: or 10d6 15d6 20d6 ect ect ect)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:25:59 pm by Criptfeind »

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 01:32:40 am »

Carthage
Ground units
2 cavalry, 1 archer, 1 soilder in territory 1
2soilders, 1 cavalry in territory 3
1 cavalry in territory 2

Navy
1 transport in F
1 heavy ship and 1 light ship in I
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 04:46:00 am »

Carthage must fall!

I claim North Rome (weren't they one Rome during this period? Social War (the first of the series of wars within The Republic) was about 50 Years after the last Punic War)
Unit list to follow.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 05:00:00 am »

PTW if only to spot and absorb ideas for EoD :3c
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 05:02:18 am »

It's short, it's sweet, it's simple, it's based on a classic board game with tested rules - with some changes, of course.
Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Game Rules (click to show/hide)
I think I covered everything?
You have not.

My questions are: How do you build settlements and how much do they cost?
How much do units cost?
So... capitals can't be relocated, as opposed to settlements?
Does bad stuff happen when you lose the capital? Aside from loss of IPC production I mean.
Speaking of IPC, how much is produced? 1/territory+ 1/settlement? Or will there be values on each territory?
And finally what's attack score, defense score and how does the RPS wheel (which is the only thing we know of units) figure into it?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 05:52:24 am »

a1s, will you have me a Southern Rome?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 06:50:01 am »

a1s, will you have me a Southern Rome?
It would be my honor.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 08:22:35 am »

Sorry guys, posted at 3am-ish, heh.

- Each IPC invested in in research will roll a 1d6.
- Each resarch roll costs 5 IPC.

Does that mean you have to roll 5d6 every time you research? (Edit: or 10d6 15d6 20d6 ect ect ect)

If you invested 5 IPC, you roll 1d6. If 10 IPC, 2d6, etc.

You have not.

My questions are: How do you build settlements and how much do they cost?
How much do units cost?
So... capitals can't be relocated, as opposed to settlements?
Does bad stuff happen when you lose the capital? Aside from loss of IPC production I mean.
Speaking of IPC, how much is produced? 1/territory+ 1/settlement? Or will there be values on each territory?
And finally what's attack score, defense score and how does the RPS wheel (which is the only thing we know of units) figure into it?

You can build a settlement on any province that has not been conquered that turn, and does not already have a settlement.
Capitals cannot be relocated. Settlements cannot be relocated, they are built.
Well, you lose the majority provider of your income if you lose your capital.
Each nation generates a set amount of IPC. Each territory increases IPC by one.

I explained Attack/Defence in combat rules. The strength/weakness wheel will increase the attack/defence by +1 against their strengths. (ie, archers have +1 attack/+1 defence against cavalry).

As for unit costs;

A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 08:40:51 am »

You can save IPC from one turn to the next, right?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 08:47:32 am »

The strength/weakness wheel will increase the attack/defence by +1 against their strengths. (ie, archers have +1 attack/+1 defence against cavalry).
What if one side is 2 archers, and the other 2 cavalry and a soldier? Is that (for the archers) -1 because there are more cavalries, -1 because (-2+1), +0 because at least one of each is present, or +1 1/3 of the time and -1 2/3 of the time?
(also, could we possibly submit the order in which our units die together with the retreat orders?)

I'm also unclear on
The combat board has four ranks either side to reflect these scores (ie, attack 1, front line, attack 2, second line, etc).
Do units on the same rank fight each other? (so four battles) Or are those just cosmetic, so you don't forget which unit has how much attack? I thought it was the former (If it is, how are the 4 ranks placed? And what happens if some ranks are won by one side, but other by the other?), but now I suspect it's the latter (which we won't be able to see?).

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 08:52:58 am »

You can save IPC from one turn to the next, right?

Yes.

What if one side is 2 archers, and the other 2 cavalry and a soldier? Is that (for the archers) -1 because there are more cavalries, -1 because (-2+1), +0 because at least one of each is present, or +1 1/3 of the time and -1 2/3 of the time?
(also, could we possibly submit the order in which our units die together with the retreat orders?)

Basically;
Player A rolls for soldiers.
Player B rolls for soldiers.
Player A rolls for archers.
Player B rolls for archers.
Player A rolls for cavalry.
Player B rolls for cavalry.
If there are no soldiers on player B, then Player A's soldiers would attack the archers.

I'm also unclear on
The combat board has four ranks either side to reflect these scores (ie, attack 1, front line, attack 2, second line, etc).
Do units on the same rank fight each other? (so four battles) Or are those just cosmetic, so you don't forget which unit has how much attack? I thought it was the former (If it is, how are the 4 ranks placed? And what happens if some ranks are won by one side, but other by the other?), but now I suspect it's the latter (which we won't be able to see?).

Once both armies have attacked/rolled dice/defended/rolled dice, then that's the first wave over. Then it rolls again, from the soldiers upwards. And no, you'll just get combat results (Rolls, Deaths, who won, etc).

And yeah, I guess you guys could say where you want damages to hit first. This wouldn't work, as the game would have to be on pause if we have to wait for all the defenders to start choosing before every battle - especially if they've already posted. Units will be picked off at random.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 09:05:25 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 09:02:16 am »

Basically;
Player A rolls for soldiers.
Player B rolls for soldiers.
Player A rolls for archers.
Player B rolls for archers.
Player A rolls for cavalry.
Player B rolls for cavalry.
If there are no soldiers on player B, then Player A's soldiers would attack the archers.
*blinks*
So, you're saying units always attack same units first, then preferred (ones they get +1 against) enemies, then undesirable (ones they get -1 against) enemies?

(Also, why are archers strong against cavalry? It's usually Cavalry>Archers>Pikemen>Cavalry but that is a nit-pick.)
Pages: [1] 2