Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Legendary Training Weapons and Training Shields  (Read 5780 times)

Kuikka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary Training Weapons and Training Shields
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2014, 07:59:32 am »

Assigning uniforms works finely, and it seems there's a hierarchy when it comes to quality of equipments: 1st squad, 1st dorf and so on. So basically militia commander takes the best and second one takes the best that's left and so on. I dont see any reason why this should be done manually, unless some later created squad must be equipped better. But the solution is to churn masterfully created equipments so everyone have those...

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2014, 08:46:54 am »

I generally leave armor up to dwarf discretion and manually assign weapons and shields, best of both worlds.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2014, 08:49:32 am »

Yup, it can be Fun to let dwarves enjoy freedom of choice.  Its kind of your own fault if you arent producing higher quality armor and weapons than invaders.  Well, under normal, mature circumstances.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2014, 08:50:39 am »

I generally leave armor up to dwarf discretion and manually assign weapons and shields, best of both worlds.

Dwarves are stupid, it is best to take as much out of their hands as possible, except their shields and weapons of course.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2014, 10:31:41 am »

Dwarves have messed up priorities, but it's up to us to decide what's best.  :P If your Forts are able to withstand anything but user error, sometimes it's best to add in user error for more fun.

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2015, 04:14:56 pm »

The "pecking order" for quality is definitely there.  I recruited a new guy for the melee squad, noted he was short of leg armor.  Sure, I'll make some steel greaves for him.  The armor smith makes a masterwork one - great!   Then a short while later I notice that half my melee dwarves are running around with no pants as they are busy exchanging greaves but then running off to eat a plump helmet before putting on the new one etc...

Just unassign the bronze spear manually, and equip the steel one.

That's what I did, and what I posted is the result... I'll try the mining trick :/
hamster cheese supplies are low

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2015, 04:26:31 pm »

Don't forget you can assign dwarves to carry multiple weapons, so it might be worth giving a speardwarf a second or third spear if you have the metal...
Pages: 1 2 [3]