Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Crusader [Strategy/Fantasy RPG ISG]  (Read 1918 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Crusader [Strategy/Fantasy RPG ISG]
« on: December 27, 2014, 10:01:19 pm »

((I'm planning for this to be an illustrated suggestion game, but I've only recently got a Wacom tablet and Photoshop CS6, and I'm having trouble using the latter. I spent 30 minutes trying to make a battle grid, but I've failed at that. So, I'll hold off on the illustration bit for a while. Any help with digital drawing software would be appreciated! :) ))

'The Pope has announced the first Crusade against the ungodly Dune-men of the far south. They have openly committed vile heresy against God Above and consort with the Enemy Below. All ye faithful and godly and loyal are to venture south to war against the Dune-men and their Elfen allies. The Pope condones any action necessary for the restoration of the faith. All ye worthy shall be rewarded with land, riches, renown and holy salvation.'

That was the flier that led you to run away and join up with the party you are with now. Travelling with you is the amiable, portly monk Brother Obesus, a retired army officer turned mercenary named Gerald, and a disgraced knight looking to redeem himself through holy war known only as the Black Knight. You, however, are a clean slate. It is time you made a name for yourself in this holy crusade, child.

Name:

Class:

-Warrior (From the far North you hail, axe in one hand and sword in the other. The only thing fighting the cold was your burning fury, and now you will unleash that fury on the demonic elves and the traitorous Dune-men of the Desert.) (Skills are Fury and Honor thy Ancestor)

-Squire (Disowned by your lord and family, the Crusade was a gift from God Above to redeem your name and honor. (Your skills are Mounted and Duel)

-Acolyte (Taught in the ways of healing and hurting, you are soon to become a warrior of God Above Himself, and vanquish the forces of the Enemy. The Crusade is your proving ground.) (Skills are Devotion and Indulgences)

-Magician (Despised by the Church but begrudgingly needed by them at the same time, you use the power of the world-below-the-world and the Enemy Himself to strike down his own followers. Heavily scrutinized and trained by the Archmages and Archbishops, you are one of few human magic users devoted to God Above, but drawing your power from His Enemy.) (Your skills are Move and Enchanted Tongue)

((I'll have a tutorial battle once we get started. Photoshop's being a dick too, so in the meantime I'm gonna just practice with it.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader [Strategy/Fantasy RPG ISG]
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 10:04:09 pm »

Name: Erica Folwen

Class: Dune spy
(Stealth, poisons.)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 10:07:48 pm by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 10:12:15 pm »

Name: Germelian Daethford

Class: Magician

((Paint.net sounds boring I know, But I literally got it yesterday and my ISG got Incredibly easier to run overnight.))
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 10:43:43 pm »

@Yourmaster There is no Dune Spy class, unfortunately.

@Shadestyle 204 years old is a bit stretching it. The Magicians were only allowed to be trained only recently, say around 15-20+ years ago.
(Thanks for the tip! I'm still gonna use Photoshop so I can get familiar with it for later on, but if I really, really get confused/pissed with it I'll try out Paint.net)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 10:47:17 pm »

@Yourmaster There is no Dune Spy class, unfortunately.

@Shadestyle 204 years old is a bit stretching it. The Magicians were only allowed to be trained only recently, say around 15-20+ years ago.
(Thanks for the tip! I'm still gonna use Photoshop so I can get familiar with it for later on, but if I really, really get confused/pissed with it I'll try out Paint.net)

18 years old then, and you are welcome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 11:03:25 pm »

How did you do the red thing with the things?
Also, no generic soldier class?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 11:10:36 pm »

Name:Hrafnhildr the red

Class: Warrior

Aseaheru, that just
Code: [Select]
[color=red]like this[/color] by the power ofthe change color tab, the board supports hidden transparent text as well.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 11:14:41 pm »

Funk~ Move your mouse over the colors~

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 11:18:52 pm »

@Aseaheru You put
Code: [Select]
[abbr=blahblah][/abbr] and add what you want to write in the first bracket starting with an = sign. Like so.
Dying of laughter?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 11:21:03 pm »

So like how I am doing here?
Good to know. I am gonna use it myself now...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 11:27:30 pm »

Have fun with it.

I have some sprite art for the Black Knight. I was frustrated so I just decided to do pixel art.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's way too big. Anyone know what size is good? I'm gonna keep all the sprites on one document so I can just copy and paste them. Which brings me to ask, how to copy an image from one file and paste it into another on Photoshop?
Dying of laughter?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 11:42:02 pm »

((I like to use 2X for large screens with a lot of things on them, and 4X for close up things.))

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 12:36:18 am »

PTW

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 06:27:39 am »

Need some more votes or character suggestions to start.
Dying of laughter?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2014, 07:00:51 am »

Name: Erica Folwen
Erika Nonspe Culatorem (secretly Erica Fowlen!) is a young squire from a god forgotten family who has volunteered for the crusades seemingly to fight for the glory of The One Above and make a name in the process. In actual fact, Folwen is traveling to The Desert to pass a message from a Cult of the One Below to the Dune Men, hoping to strike an alliance. One might suggest that this would be easier done by pretending to be a merchant's errand girl, but who wants a secret mission without adventure?

Class: Squire
(but secretly Dune Spy!)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: [1] 2