Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Wizard Kings of the Dreamveldt! [RP]  (Read 9341 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kings of the Dreamveldt! [RP]
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2014, 03:34:42 pm »

Zorlock

The Sukkippu scream, an inhuman wail from their mouth parts as one by one they crumble into grey sand.  The fish in the river turn to sand as well, and you have the death-bots gather it up for your use.  [+5 Essence]  You then (bloody hell) give the Voyager the ability to warp space [-1 Essence] and to time travel [-1 Essence].

Spoiler: Laws of Physics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Contents (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2014, 03:38:51 pm »

"Very well. A zeppelin seems sensible. Though, perhaps we should mop up some of the more extraneous wildlife here, to recover some essence?"
Undo what little I've made or affected, and use the essence to begin weaving the Voyager into a tank-zeppelin thing. It contains plenty of food and water to last us for many weeks, enough fuel to run for an equally long amount of time, and rooms for each of the Wizard Kings, including a bunk bed for the Ivys.

..."Actually, Ivy, er, Ivys, can you even both move in the same direction?"

((Also, since we can now harvest the essence from things, maybe you should include the essence cost of things in the contents list, Iituem? And maybe who made them?))
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:37:59 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2014, 04:13:58 pm »

Hastul

You gesture with your staff, and everything you have made is undone, except, of course, the rule that permits unmaking.  (After all, all you'd do is reinstate it anyhow.)  [+1 Essence]

It turns out you only had one outstanding change to the world (as you'd already destroyed the pillar).  As you feel the essence flood back into the world, a hovel-sized stone crashes down upon Zorlock's tower, destroying the top six floors in their entirety.  Rubble crushes the rest - the basement is undamaged but sealed off from the surface.  Zorlock is busy helping you with the tank, and so is not crushed to death by the fall.

You start unpinning the Voyager and twisting its shell into the armoured undercarriage of a dirigible.  The tank gun and laser emplacement you keep, and the engine is essentially capable of doing the same job, so you form rudders, turbines and an enormous gasbag (in yellow), as well as several decks of hold space and passenger quarters.  You do up the interior largely in white pine, rich mahogany and gold trimmings, with a favour for off-white wallpaper.  It is lavishly decorated.  [-1 Essence]  Unlike Zorlock, you think about fuel (and a good thing too, the tank was three quarters empty of diesel) and install a fuel tank with a copious quantity of diesel and spare hydrogen for the gasbag.  You should be good for a six month trip without needing to refuel.  [-1 Essence]  The whole thing can be comfortably manned by a crew of twenty, or a skeleton crew of eight.

Before you use up essence on food and water, it occurs to you - the forest is still full of edible fruit.  In fact, the Sukkippu were stockpiling it before they were all unwritten from existence.  It would take a while to do it with your own hands, but there's probably enough food and water here that you could take it with you, had you containers for drink and the hands to pick food.

Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2014, 04:23:38 pm »

"Er...Sorry. Forgot about the antigravity stone. Anyways, your kill-sims can do more than, er, simulate killing, right? Why not send them out to store a bunch of fruit for us in the Voyager? Well, it may rot, but I can fix that.
Add a magic stasis room that only effects things I or those I give permission to want to put into stasis onto the zeppelin. Those with permission can set what is and isn't held in stasis, but cannot change who has permission, aside from myself. It can also never put a Wizard King in stasis. It holds things in a pocket dimension outside of time, causing them to not age in between putting them in and taking them out.
"Oh, and I suppose we'll need water too. Have your kill-sims take these buckets, fill them with water, and place them upright in the stasis room until we have enough for several months of travel, will you?"
Summon a large number of buckets. Set the stasis field to hold the buckets, water, and fruit.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2014, 04:29:07 pm »

"Actually, Ivy, er, Ivys, can you even both move in the same direction?"

"We're two separate people..."
"... if it wasn't obvious."

They both smile.

Both the Ivy's follow one another to the "Voyager, armor appearing over themselves-the armor from Ivy's world resembles an insects carapace, in a way, fashioned from beautiful and bright silvery metal, traced with many strange runes...over both their faces, featureless masks of pale gold that glow slightly. There are round canisters on the backs, with slits in the metal like gills, for siphoning O and straining out CD.

The hands are also fitted with retractable hand claws, quite wicked looking-at the moment, sheathed behind the Ivy's dainty wrists.

Action: Fashion up some full-suit body armor for Both Ivy's, that provides offense/protection/oxygen/light, etc.

Then join the voyager.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2014, 04:35:10 pm »

"I have an idea! I'm going to go back to my workshop and go to sleep taking a brew used to allow incredibly vivid lucid dreams I got so I could study the 'veldt. Hopefully the rig sent me to a geographically equivalent place and I should show up here. Just chill while I test it before we go on any wacky space-time adventures."
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:36:42 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2014, 04:40:26 pm »

"There are beds on the Voyager now, you know. Perhaps you should have your dreams aboard the ship?

Also! We will likely be leaving this place soon, and I should think that all of us would be coming along. Those of you with a home or lodging in this small bit of the void, perhaps it would be best to unmake them, and free up Essence for improving the Voyager, and attending to its needs should something come up?"

((By the way, Ozarck, are you still around in all your kitty glory?))

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2014, 05:02:32 pm »

(Try Sending him a PM if he doesn't post.)

Zorlack repairs his Tower and uncreates all of the Forest,The Hills, And The Two Rivers.

"I was thinking that we could each have a separate domain to create things in, For example you couldn't create a Giant Castle that smother's half of my domain,But I could if it was my Domain. Anywhom we should expand it so that we can use Kill-Simulators as crew, After all they don't get tired and are far superior to most of us in combat situations."

Zorlack adds a Storage Bay to the Voyager that can hold 100 Kill Simulators and then marks the island on his Essence Map.

"Excellent now which way should we go, Up, Down or one of the cardinal directions?"

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2014, 05:08:45 pm »

"As the island would appear to be infinite -- or at least very large -- in the downward direction, let's not go along the cliff. Additionally, if it is infinite, there couldn't possibly be another infinite island above us, so up will be futile. As for a cardinal direction, let's head north."

((I would think that a compass would be included in the controls for the zeppelin, as it's a pretty standard feature on dirigibles. However, should you decide that it needs to be made separately, make a compass in the dashboard.))

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2014, 05:21:47 pm »

Hastul

You set one of the chambers in the Voyager to be trapped in a low-intensity time loop - essentially keeping everything fresh and un-ageing while still relative to the world outside.  It comes with a rather nice little interface panel, to which you have master control permissions.  You set an exception for Wizard Kings, ensuring they can never be trapped in the stasis loop.  [-1 Essence]

You summon a thousand metal buckets.  [-1 Essence]  There is already a compass on the dashboard.

Ivy

You summon a pair of battle suits around yourselves.  They look ostensibly like the war-suits used by your side in the civil war, with a few exceptions - there are no magical elements (because your magic wouldn't work here without its recreation), so the creation of an internal atmosphere, light and power-assisted muscle movement are all accomplished through miniaturised technology (rather above what your own people were capable of, you note).  The whole thing is battery powered, but they each come with small gears to 'wind' to power them - there is a gear assembly in the Voyager's engine room that can wind them each over the course of a minute at high speed.  They each hold power for 48 hours before shutting down.  [-1 Essence]

Naturally, there is an emergency escape function that will peel the suit off and leave it inert.

Zorlock

You once again summon fresh stone in place of your lost floors, pushing the rubble and rock out of the way.  [-1 Essence]  You snap your fingers and the forest, hills, rivers and all the food disappear.  [+5 Essence]  In their place is once again grey sand, dotted with various objects (such as the Tower and Great Oak), although you notice that the cliffs have grown more distant.  You are about to add a cargo bay to hold the death-bots, but the Voyager already has one you can use.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2014, 05:27:21 pm »

"...Well, we could have stood to put that off for a bit. Still, nothing we can't fix."
Destroy the buckets for essence. Create a large canister of cold water in the ship, enough for 6 months. Also, create a number of fresh foods, ingredients, and herbs in the time loop, again enough for 6 months.
"No point in eating fruit for the next six months when we could eat like the kings we are!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2014, 06:16:28 pm »

((Do we know about how our little sandbox has been isolated and how to get essence? Also how big is the sandbox before we reach the border to the "Veldt proper?))
"That was my first idea but I figure that dreaming in the dream realm might mess with what little reality this place has. I also have a mansion... We don't need to waste essence on food and water. Also what's with the comatose cat?"
Go back to the mansion and go to bed after taking the aforementioned potion.

EDIT: "OH! OH! I want to try this."
Make a bridge from our island to the other end of the Great Chasm that expands as the void does.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 06:27:56 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2015, 08:59:49 am »

Hastul

You summon six months' of water into a tank in the Voyager, filling the stasis room with six months' selection of pastries, baked goods, meat cuts, vegetables and mushrooms.  The dirigible's kitchens should be able to heat or cook those right up.  [-2 Essence]  You also destroy the buckets.  [+1 Essence]

Dave

You travel to the edge of the circle of grass surrounding the Great Oak (as the valley is now gone) and extend your hand.  A brilliant bridge of crystal glass extends from the circle (unsupported by any arches) and stretches out along the grey plain (which crumbles at the edges as essence is expended) and into the void.  About 200 metres from the new cliffs, the bridge terminates in a crystal archway.  Beyond you can see what might be floating colours of some sort, and perhaps more of the bridge extending.  [-1 Essence]

You travel back to your mansion (which is completely deserted, also several of the doors appear to have been clawed open) and head to your bed, potion in hand.  Drinking it, you fall into a comfortable sleep.

You awaken standing on a giant purple tongue.  All around you are floating, intertwining colours.  You see a splotch of red eat a splotch of blue.  Your hand is a small mountain.  Your breath is a king's hair.  Your mind starts weeping at the oddity of it all.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2015, 10:34:24 am »

Since I'm a lucid dreamer I reign this the f**k in. Then I attempt to use my dream powers to locate the Voyager.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2015, 06:04:43 pm »

AH ... ahahahahah. Err, yes. I am sorry, I had a week long internet holiday. If I'm not too late (and a cat is always right on time - his own time) I'll read the thread and post tomorrow. Thanks for holding a spot for me.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10