Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Wizard Kings of the Dreamveldt! [RP]  (Read 9355 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kings of the Dreamveldt! [RP]
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2014, 07:39:23 pm »

"Greetings Mortals, Let's not bicker over who owns what but rather form an alliance of minds, That together we might hold dominion over this realm, Although it is rather sparse, I say we create a horde of Lobster People!They used to be my favorite food back home."
Zorlack creates 24 immortal 7 foot tall Lobster Men and Women and names them the Sukkippu.Zorlack also creates 2 large rivers that intersect near the Tree to form an x formation. Zorlack also creates a red and purple forest surrounding the formation, The colors don't change anything but appearance and the Sukkippu can consume the Forest Greenery.
"Wonderful, Wonderful."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2014, 08:23:41 pm »

Hathul

The pillar remains in place, although the surfaces of it congeal into pure, smooth iron.

Dave

You scoop up a handful of sand, and it turns into a deep blue pigment.  You smear seven distinct symbols in a circle on the earthy ground - they flash once with violet light, then go dark again.  Some part of you senses that the pattern has been set.  [-1 Essence]

Zorlock

Everyone can literally feel the potential of the world draining away as you go on your binge of creation.  You sculpt dramatically with your hands as pillars of sand rise from the ground and coalesce into two dozen huge forms; enormous creatures that resemble lobsters with the torsoes and heads of men (and women) and the arms, legs and lower bodies of lobsters.  Naturally, they are all red.  [-1 Essence]

You make two dashes with your hands, and deep crevices are reaved through the ground.  Water gushes into them, and you turn to see two hills of grey sand rise at the rivers' source, curving around to form a valley encircling the rivers.  The rivers, meanwhile, both form heads around a deep depression in the sand that forms, terminating in a lake that darkens the grey sand around it.  [-1 Essence]

You raise your hands as if conducting an orchestra, and trees burst from the sand, pushing up canopies of thick red and purple leaves.  They seem to be deciduous, by the leaves, and you spot several varieties amongst the newly growing wood.  The trees spread out, claiming the sides (but not the heights) of the valley and spreading out around the banks of the lake.  Where they grow, the sand turns into a rich brown soil, although there is no undergrowth.  The woods are silent.  [-1 Essence]

The terrifying lobster men look at you with what you fear to be intense hunger, then scuttle past you and start clipping branches off the trees with their claws and start munching on the leaves and small purple fruits of the trees.  Thank the gods Zorlock chose to make them herbivores.

Spoiler: Laws of Physics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Contents (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 08:28:58 pm »

Create a new law of the universe stating that Essence will slowly restore itself over time.

"Zorlock, these...Ah...Sukkippu, they are from your world, yes?"
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 08:31:05 pm »

Nothing happens.  It appears you've run into a zero sum resource.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2014, 08:42:02 pm »

"Oh yes, My Cult, I mean companions used them in sacrifices, I mean Rituals all of the Time, Feel free to add to the Forest or Rivers if you wish."
Zorlack increases the Sukkippu to that of human levels and gives them a telepathic link, Each Sukkippu can transmit emotions and images to the minds of nearby Sukkippu to communicate. Zorlack teaches them how to build wooden structures and tools. Zorlack also creates dense undergrowth for the forest and fills the rivers with Samon which the Sukkippu are able to consume, Provided that they are clever or fast enough to catch them. Zorlack raises up a large hill in the center of the forest and builds a 9 story red stone Wizard Tower.I also create 5 Red Hyper-intelligent Velociraptors that can live off of plants and meat to roam nearby the Tower. I also set up an Electrical Force Field which will only allow those I permit to pass.
"Ah yes now I have a place to conduct experiments."
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 08:45:40 pm by LuckyKobold »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2014, 08:45:30 pm »

Hastul narrows his eyes momentarily at Zorlak. He uses the "potential" here at incredible rates. If this keeps up, he may have to be...Dealt with. Regardless, there are experiments to conduct.
"Well, if they're from your world in concept, then maybe, just maybe, they'll be alike in origin. Using Dave's new method, I should be able to..."
Draw the seven runes around a Sukkippu, incapacitating it first if I have to. See what happens.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2014, 08:48:03 pm »

"Don't kill to many of them off, And don't worry I'll restrain my urge to create things for now."
Zorlack orders the Sukkippu to worship the 7 Wizard Kings, Prioritizing Himself of course.
Zorlack investigates the possibility of expanding the Essence Reserves.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2014, 08:48:45 pm »

"At the rate you're going through Dreamstuff I would say an excursion out of the safe zone is in store."
Create a portal to and from my lab. Grab some food and better weapons. Also use essence to create a rudimentary runic vocabulary for the enchantment of items as well as rituals to be expanded upon later. Enchant my goggles with similar scanning and sight enchantments as before as well as a link to the Dreamveldt to help identify object and creatures as well as who created/dreamed them.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2014, 08:50:55 pm »

"I apologize, I mean we would have created intelligent beings at some point, Either way I won't do so again for a long while."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2014, 09:25:49 pm »

((Why are 4/7th of our group evil? And one is a cat. Which is arguably the same thing.))
"The issue isn't that you created life. The issue is just how much stuff you're making."
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 09:28:38 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2014, 09:32:56 pm »

((Why are 4/7th of our group evil? And one is a cat. Which is arguably the same thing.))
"The issue isn't that you created life. The issue is just how much stuff you're making."
((Hastul isn't evil. He's just...Morally challenged.))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2014, 09:40:48 pm »

((You got here by making a deal with demons to get here, terrorized and extorted a village, and have since made several references to casual murder.))

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2014, 09:47:21 pm »

((You got here by making a deal with demons to get here, terrorized and extorted a village, and have since made several references to casual murder.))
((Precisely! He has trouble obeying morals! Ergo, he's morally challenged.))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2014, 10:03:32 pm »

((Precisely! He has trouble obeying morals! Ergo, he's morally challenged.))
((Evil is still morals. Just the bad kind.))

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2014, 03:48:42 am »

My my, wherever are all of you coming from? Ah, I know. Perhaps we should introduce ourselves, mmm?
As he says this, Shaiguju wills an ornate golden throne with red cushions fit for someone of his size into existence, before promptly sitting down on it.
((Who are the 'good' members of the party, then?))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10