Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: You Are A Medieval Peasant  (Read 6121 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Medieval Peasant
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2014, 05:43:09 pm »

It is a list I random genned a back-story and applied the modifiers, You guys lucked out and didn't get any penalties but, Could have been worse, Anyways what do you want to do?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2014, 05:52:16 pm »

((As a note, in medieval times, street children were normally extremely smart. You didn't survive if you weren't bright. Schooling is unrelated to intelligence. It's just applied data.))

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2014, 05:57:08 pm »

((Smarts is more based around accumulated knowledge, Not intelligence.))

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2014, 06:27:03 pm »

I'm not sure what use a male would have for a courtesan/gigolo outfit, but I'll roll with it.

Embark on a journey to the Desermopolis Tavern, presumably named something like "The Beer and the Boar" or "The Lonely Hearth". Be sure to put away the dagger and anything else roguish into your rucksack so as to not look as though you're an adventurer. It's well known that there's a 250% mark-up on all adventurer purchases.

Once inside, our protagonist shall start plying his silver tongue, no euphemism intended, to the task of earning honest money. That is, by heading to the barkeep, ordering a drink and some food, and observing, from afar, the various clientele. Said protagonist shall engage in some small talk with the barkeep, again not appearing too adventurous, in search for juicy gossip and the overall state of affairs in the village.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2014, 06:28:51 pm »

Hmm. . . . so little information on where to start. . . . . well, on to the places of note. . .  temple is off the list, unless we want to get lynched. Blacksmith. . .  meh.. . . . dont know if we need it, but, a small, easily hideable dagger, would be nice. quality does not have to be up there. . . . tavern is a good place to start, too. One could get loads of information. . . . and the trade post could be good for both. . . . .
I'm not sure what use a male would have for a courtesan/gigolo outfit, but I'll roll with it.

Embark on a journey to the Desermopolis Tavern, presumably named something like "The Beer and the Boar" or "The Lonely Hearth". Be sure to put away the dagger and anything else roguish into your rucksack so as to not look as though you're an adventurer. It's well known that there's a 250% mark-up on all adventurer purchases.

Once inside, our protagonist shall start plying his silver tongue, no euphemism intended, to the task of earning honest money. That is, by heading to the barkeep, ordering a drink and some food, and observing, from afar, the various clientele. Said protagonist shall engage in some small talk with the barkeep, again not appearing too adventurous, in search for juicy gossip and the overall state of affairs in the village.

Oh. . . right. . . we have a dagger. . . . . well +1
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2014, 11:19:41 pm »

WEEK 0 DAY 1
_________________________________________________________________________________________

You put all of your weapons and other suspicious gear into your backpack and head off to the Desermopolis Tavern. You notice that the Tavern is quite packed and you walk inside. You see Roughly Ten drunks all gathered around a table where a dwarf wearing a Studded leather Chestplate  is standing telling some old tale about Three Blind Mice and An Elephant. You also see what appears to be a Revenant wearing Rusted Plate Mail, He's staring out of the window forlorn. Sitting next to the Revenant is a female Cat-Woman with a few flintlock pistols holstered on a belt, The Cat-Woman appears to be trying to cheer up the Revenant.

You ignore the adventurers party and walk up to the barkeeper. You spend 9 of your Gold Coins on a small meal and start chatting with the Barkeeper about the state of the town and any juicy gossip, The Barkeep knows about tons of scandals and is completely willing to tell you about the town, Apparently it's a small hamlet dedicated to the worship of Deserma, The desert goddess of pain and suffering which doesn't make it a popular Trade Stop, But he makes do.For lack of a better plan you sit down and eat your meal.What do you do know?

Character
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Inventory
Buildings Of Note

(OOC: For those who don't know Revenants are essentially walking corpses that remember their past lives and are usually curse victims.)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2014, 12:50:39 am »

Make a bet with the bar keep. if you can cheer up that revenant, he gives you a job there, in the tavern, no questions asked. . . . . and a place to sleep for the night.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2014, 01:21:33 am »

In between bites of food, our heroic protagonist shall attempt to, unobtrusively, gather information on the tavern's current state of affairs such as the barkeep's willingness to clean up after patrons, the common goods that travelling merchants are pulling in if they actually come to the town, the amount of looting adventurers do whilst being hosted in the hamlet, if the Protagonist themselves would need to set up protections on his property in the case of random adventurer rogues plying their trade, and if the owner of the tavern was amenable to additional aid. If the owner is amenable, arrange for an interview of sorts later on in the day in order to potentially get a stable income.

Ask if the Revenant has been hanging around for a while and if it's been bad for business. If so, then the Protagonist should start dropping eaves on the Cat-woman-Revenant conversation so as to gain more information on how to handle the Revenant. If not, then start listening in on the dwarf storyteller and attempt to commit any stories he may or may not tell to memory. After all, the Protagonist may need every scrap of anything to be successful, for good stories are always in demand no matter where one is in the world.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2014, 01:29:02 am »

I like the cut of your sweetbread Kaferian.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2014, 08:52:29 am »

WEEK 0 DAY 1
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You talk to the Barkeeper and he is very happy to answer your questions. No he doesn't clean up after his patrons, He has a Sand-Stone Golem that does it for him, Merchants usually bring in precious metals and Jewelry when they do come, No the adventurer's don't do much looting while in town, There are to many berserk priests guarding the town, And because of the small size of the town and her worship base Deserma is more than willing to expend some of her Essence to smite any Tresspassers. The Adventurers have been here for about 3 days and the Revenant isn't disrupting my business thanks to Urist, That's the dwarf there, He's a Storyteller and a poet, He's heard his poetry and it's bad enough to kill a man, Even more so when he uses Bardic magic to enchant the lyrics. Urist has been telling stories ever since they got here and it's really helping the business. The Tavern does not have any job openings right now, But the bartender says that if you're down on your luck you could raid the Old Ruins about 20 miles north of here, Of course it's nearly cleaned out but you might get lucky.

You listen to Urist's storytelling and you learn a thing or two, New Skill Gained: Stroytelling:Novice.
Now what do you do?

Character
Inventory
Buildings Of Note

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2014, 09:03:45 am »

Well. . . .  herded to our slaughter house. We will head off to the old ruins, but!
And here is the fun part.
We must take provisions with us to hide for the next day and a half after reaching there. We should shadow whomever we see going in. I mean, it will probably be a bad job, and, whomever we are shadowing will know we are following them, but, with any luck, they will not make it known in order to throw us off, so that, if something or someone comes to attack them, we can also attack it, right away, so, in the case of his/her/its, survival, we make a new friend. . . . . otherwise we can zoidberg it out of there. wooping and all.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2014, 04:53:04 pm »

Well. . . .  herded to our slaughter house. We will head off to the old ruins, but!
We must take provisions with us to hide for the next day and a half after reaching there. We should shadow whomever we see going in. I mean, it will probably be a bad job, and, whomever we are shadowing will know we are following them, but, with any luck, they will not make it known in order to throw us off, so that, if something or someone comes to attack them, we can also attack it, right away, so, in the case of his/her/its, survival, we make a new friend. . . . . otherwise we can zoidberg it out of there. wooping and all.

Right so, Is Bay12 sure that this is the course of action that it wishes to take, If so I'll write the update. Also You guys do know that zomora doesn't have any woodcraft skills and is very likely to get lost in the desert, Right. Of course the Adventurers probably have a skilled tracker in their group if you were so inclined.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2014, 05:20:59 pm »

+1

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2014, 06:09:19 pm »

WEEK 0 DAY 2
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You spend the night at the Tavern in a room the Bartender loaned to you because of your Talking Skills. You wake up in the morning and go down to the Trading Post,where you buy a day and half's worth of rations,+2 Camel Meats,-7 Gold Coins. You decide to go to the Abandoned Ruins in search of Valuables. You see a group of Very Heavily Armed Formicids and The Adventuring Party you saw yesterday in the Tavern, Because Formicids are well-known to enslave foreigners you decide to trail the adventuring party. The Formicids don't pursue you because it wouldn't be worth the effort. You start walking and soon realize that the adventurers are also headed to the ruins.

WEEK 0 DAY 3
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You see Ten Scorpion Men attack the adventurers. You start running towards them so that you can aid them. The Revenant cuts three of the Scorpion Men in half with one Fell Swoop of his great-sword. Urist pulls out a wooden Banjo and within seconds one of the Scorpion Men is on the ground shrieking in agony. The Cat-Woman pulls out 2 of her Flintlocks and headshots 2 of the remain Scorpion Men. You reach the back of the Raiding Party and attack the nearest one in the back, However the Scorpion Man's Armored Carapace blocks the dagger and it is wrenched out of you hands. The Scorpion Man grabs at your throat a split second before you can retrieve your dagger, But you manage to dodge the grab and kick it in the leg, Dislocating it's Knee while shattering its shin. The Scorpion Man Collapses and you grab your dagger. 3 of the 4 remaining Scorpion Men turn to face you, Before the Adventurers can respond they are upon you, One of them punches you in the face giving you a black eye. Another one stings your thigh and injects it with paralytic venom. Another one goes to stomp on your neck while you are helpless to end the fight but a sudden explosion behind him breaks his back killing him, At this point you start to collapse in pain and realize to your horror that you can't feel you leg.
Before you fade into unconsciousness you see two of the Scorpion fall to the ground, And a deep Scottish accent says "This might not end very well for the Tall-One."

WEEK ? DAY ?

You wake up laying on a roll-mat inside of a tent and have some severe cramp feelings in your leg and thigh but your certainly alive. You see the Revenant standing over you holding a damp cloth, He says,"Who are you and what were you doing fighting a pack of scorpion men with a toothpick?" How do you respond?

Character
Inventory
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 06:17:16 pm by LuckyKobold »

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2014, 09:02:11 pm »

"A most foolhardy idiot, I would imagine," the Protagonist states with a slight self-deprecating smirk as though he were merely describing the weather and with maybe a tinge of leftover bravado from day three of week zero, "As for what I was doing, or rather attempting to do, I was trying to aid a band of adventurers. Not my best decision as you have probably divined from my injuries. Might I inquire if your own course of action was a success? All joking manner aside, I would like to offer my thanks for offering aid to me and most certainly saving my life in the process. I can only hope that mine own injuries did not hinder your own expedition.

Edited for missing words.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 11:21:56 pm by Kaferian »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6