Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Simple (ISG)  (Read 8280 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Simple (ISG)
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2014, 09:52:25 pm »

265 - Move onto the other side of that hallway, and shoot on sight.
ie:

265  386
 v    v
 o    o
  |  |
  |  |
Spiders

386 - Hold position, blam anything that comes through that door.

147 - Move down that corridor until you reach the airlock, but don't open it yet so the space spiders don't notice an open door. Otherwise, pass the turn.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2014, 09:55:14 pm »

The webs and the balls looked like eggs.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2014, 10:50:17 pm »

Pew pew! Pew pew pew pew! Blam! Blam!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2014, 06:19:32 am »

Diplomacy ho! "We are prepared to offer a range of feeding options but insist upon negotiating the specific terms of such feeding prior to providing it."
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2014, 07:58:07 am »

PTW
I PTW anything that seems interesting

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2014, 10:41:26 am »

Diplomacy ho! "We are prepared to offer a range of feeding options but insist upon negotiating the specific terms of such feeding prior to providing it."
This first.
If we can speak to them via an intercom. . ..  though, sound does not travel well in near vacuum
ie:

265  386
 v    v
 o    o
  |  |
  |  |
Spiders

147 - Move down that corridor until you reach the airlock, but don't open it yet so the space spiders don't notice an open door. Otherwise, pass the turn.
tHIS DEAD AFTER.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2014, 11:23:08 am »

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE! Also have our character asplode the spiders with his psychic powers.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2014, 01:28:37 pm »

Attempt psychic communications. If were gonna climb the (Psychic) ranks we gotta try to do what we don't know we can't.

If the "spiders" are irredeemably hostile then exterminate EXTERMINATE!! EXTERMINATE!!! Them.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2014, 02:10:53 pm »

ie:

265  386
 v    v
 o    o
  |  |
  |  |
Spiders

+1 Try out our mind powers to try and shove or splat spiders.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2014, 04:07:12 pm »

EXTERMINATE!!! Them.
That sounds too extreme. We should keep some viable samples for the biowarfare division. They did that in the Aliens franchise and never had any problems...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2014, 04:45:25 pm »

((
though, sound does not travel well in near vacuum
Sorry, I missed a part of the drawing. The docks aren't supposed to be open to space.))

265 can't reach the other side of the doorway in one spin due to his armor encumbrance, so you move across instead, allowing him to take your place. Raising your rifle, you center the sights on the warped, buckling airlock. Unit 147 moves down to the other entrance to the docking area, ready to open it as soon as he is ordered.

Before the airlock can fail completely, you reach out with your psychic powers to attempt diplomacy with the aliens. You successfully manage to contact their minds, but find that it is just a swirl of instinctive drives to eat anything it can and to survive at any cost. Simplifying your prepared speech to something they can understand, you tell them, "Don't kill! We feed you! But talk first!" One of them replies, "Yes, you feed us! No, no talking! Kill!"
With a SCREECH of shearing metal, the door gives way and the spider-creatures begin to crawl through.
The first two through fall dead with high-pitched squeals as your laser blasts lance straight through their abdomens. Sighting and firing takes all your concentration, though, leaving you none left to try and attack psychically as well.

The next one scrambles over the bodies of his fallen siblings, but he doesn't move quite far enough to get a proper attack in. His off-balance strike at Unit 265 from around the corner fails to even scratch the armor. Another spider scrambles through the broken doorway behind him, and past them, you can see two more crawling out of the egg sac.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2014, 05:14:57 pm »

AGAIN CHARGE!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2014, 07:24:05 pm »

Inform 147 that they will likely be flanked in short order, and express that you would likely experience gratitude were they to extricate one of the armed vessels from close proximity to our guests and that perhaps such a vessel could be utilised to further our diplomatic efforts.

Continue to utilise pew-pew protocols.

Perhaps some effort should be made to suggest to our guests that the static crunchy things in the corridor are tastier than the mobile shooty things at the far end of said corridor, and decidedly more convenient...
Read the First Post!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2014, 07:35:26 pm »

Doesn't one of our other guys have psychic powers too?

265: Blam some more space spiders.

386: See if you can use your psychic powers to shove the space spiders back a few tiles, or perhaps fry their brains/eyes.

147: Open the airlock, and take cover behind that first ship. Think about the possibilities of getting in that ship and using it to blam the space spider Carrier Nest. After thinking, try to blam a space spider.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2014, 10:33:20 pm »

Doesn't one of our other guys have psychic powers too?

386: See if you can use your psychic powers to shove the space spiders back a few tiles, or perhaps fry their brains/eyes.

I have been waiting for someone to recommend a natural progression, but, it seems as though that might be the wrong way to go about it. Though, i am happy to say that this is the closest we might get. instead of pushing it back, lets go for the second one. It has a higher chance of success if we shake one, like we shook the air to make the noise for our theme song. but harder. . . . much harder. . . . . like a man beating a drum with reckless abandon, harder.

AGAIN CHARGE!
we arnt charging, we are defending our position until backup arrives.
Inform 147 that they will likely be flanked in short order, and express that you would likely experience gratitude were they to extricate one of the armed vessels from close proximity to our guests and that perhaps such a vessel could be utilised to further our diplomatic efforts.

Continue to utilise pew-pew protocols.

Perhaps some effort should be made to suggest to our guests that the static crunchy things in the corridor are tastier than the mobile shooty things at the far end of said corridor, and decidedly more convenient...
errr. . . . yes. . .  but.. . . .
147: Open the airlock, and take cover behind that first ship. Think about the possibilities of getting in that ship and using it to blam the space spider Carrier Nest. After thinking, try to blam a space spider.
he says it better. except, I think we should aim for the nest period.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8