Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The dark union(Characters thread mostly)  (Read 4685 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
The dark union(Characters thread mostly)
« on: December 23, 2014, 05:46:04 pm »

main thread

The forces of light and dark have clash many time. Good has prevail more times then they dare count, but with each victory, they failed to finish the fight.

Today may be the start of time that they will lose, for a group of warriors, mercenaries and zealots meet at the ruins of the palace of Queen Jade, the first of many leaders of darkness.

---

Hello there, this is a one of those base building/missions mini adventures game like that mage tower game that appear once in a while on these forums. The outline is you lot build up the base(palace of Queen Jade) by going into the world of humans to get resources. Of course you will fight the heroes of earth from time to time and retreat is usually an option(and if not, you simple need to change the situation to make it one.).

You'll need food, building material, mooks(word of deeds will make it's way to the world of darkness) and maybe some entertainment(all work and no play make Jack a dull boy, but maybe you are emotional dead inside. I don't judge.). Make your base something worthly and win the eternal war, maybe.

Of course there 8 of you here and the portal is in such disrepair that it can only send one team of 4 at one time, so try to get along.

So for the eight that have appear, let get to know ya.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for the rest of you, accidents happen and people get over their head. Maybe a spot will open.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 01:01:37 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The dark union
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 05:46:42 pm »

This game will get info heavy if it go long enough so reserve.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 05:57:15 pm »

Name:Trogdor
Sex:Male
Race:Half Ogre Half Kobold,Doesn't wanna talk about it.
Class:Void Worshiping Druid
Background: He doesn't remember anything since he got a knock on his head, Or maybe it had something to do with his Weed addiction?He is roughly 7 feet tall, has beady black eyes and is slightly overweight but is very skinny for an Ogre.He carries a tight fitting backpack and a black cloak and is constantly followed by a small horde of cats and various kittens, Trogdor wields a homemade tree trunk that he has carved into a walking stack, On the tip of the staff is a large round white crystal that Trogdor uses to channel his Druid Magic and Void Sorcery.
Strength: He Can Speak Cat but has no idea why or even how, And sometimes whenever he is talking he'll lapse into speaking cat rather than common, Which has lead to some awkward moments.
Weakness:He got hooked on weed with the belief that the resulting creativity would help him compose spells and he never quite got over it He's Addicted to Cannabis which is why he keeps a handful of hemp seeds on hand at all times.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Will this work, If not PTW.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 03:24:03 pm by LuckyKobold »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 05:59:29 pm »

Name: Dave David Davidson XVI
Sex: Male, no pants. They feel weird on fur and even if they didn't it's hard to find pant's that fit goat legs.
Race: Satyr
Class: Alternative Magewright.
Background: Fairly average Satyr besides his glasses and satchel. Was always vaguely ashamed of the barbaric culture of his people and went into studying less seen fields of magic: rituals, musicology, dancomancy, bindings, runecraft etc. (I'm assuming that like most fantasy settings it's mostly just incantations.)
Strength: Adaptable magic making it harder to negate all his options.
Weakness: Claustrophobic as are all Satyrs do to constant kidnapping and later eating by cyclopes.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 09:06:56 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 06:00:18 pm »

Name: Lyleth. (Full, informal title: Lyleth of the Shadows.)
Sex: Few know, and those who do are sworn not to tell, because Lyleth is embarrassed about its size. Lyleth goes by they or them.
Race: Lyleth hails from the Umbra tribes far to the east.
Class: Rogue. The sneaky kind.
Background: Lyleth is quiet and wears lots of black. That's all anyone really knows. They also have a tail, but it's kept under wraps in their cloak. They also 'suffer' from acute podophilia. Keep the last thing on the down low for them, okay? Thanks. They really appreciate it.
Strength: Being of the Umbra, Lyleth is able to turn completely invisible in darkness.
Weakness: Lyleth has an innate dislike for bright light and daylight, as all Umbra do.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 06:28:20 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 06:06:32 pm »

Name: Brian Black (Known in the world of light as the Black Knight and former Grand Master of the Black Celestial Knights and the White Celestials.)
Sex: Male
Race: Imperial Human
Background: A man who embodied each and every single trait a knight should have..except his jealousy for his sister Catherine. As the Grand Master of the Celestial Protectors White led the Order into Extreme heights and had his key knights in the courts of Kings and other important nobles. However, His sister beat him in a open duel one day that some say led to her beating him in a election for Grand Master. Ashamed of the defeats Brian kidnapped his parents and lured his sister into an ambush. He failed in killing her leaving her with a massive scar and killing his parents while also setting their old house on fire.

For three years he became a fugitive of the entire world with Celestial Knights and Bounty hunters looking high and low for him. He came back into the stage of when he founded a new Knighthood named the Black Celestial Knights. The BCK were hedge knights, bandits, rouges, and outlawed mages who started a semi-successful coup in dethroning a pledged King and starting new Monarchy with Brian as the leader. The Kingdom withered away by incursions of other kingdoms, uprising, and his sisters invasion that ultimately destroyed his kingdom. Brian and his Knights have unbeknownst to the all but Queen Jade pledged allegiance to her in his last ditch attempt to retake power and erase his sister from the annals of history.

Queen Jade in her first initial payment gave Brian and his Knights the power of Darkness. The power being that at night they grow stronger and much more agile but only slightly. While during the day the open sun they return to human with no real effects except the disgust of their past lives as "Good men of the Order".

Strengths: A Band of fellow knight of varrying disciplines at his command. They are fanatically loyal in him and believe greatly in his Dark Crusade. Some can even be left in enemy lands as a spy/saboteur.

Weakness: Heavily wanted by many nobles, peasants, bounty hunters, and of course his sister Catherine who sends Celestial Knights whenever possible to get revenge on her brother for what he did to their family. ((Whenever Brian is sent out D10 is rolled. D 1-4 a Celestial Knight appears to hunt for him. Anything higher and Brian flies below the radar...at least for now.))

*Note- BCK and the Celestial Knights are not just paladins walking around with armor. Although their leaders are. Some can be clerics, mages, spies, rangers, merchants (only the Celestial Kngihts have these), etc. Their both more of a brotherhood if anything.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 03:27:40 pm by 3man75 »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 06:18:50 pm »

Name: Rankja
Sex: Male
Race: Leopardman
Class: Martial Artist Assasin
Background: Rankja appears as a bipedal leopard with 'humany' hands and arms. His face also looks like the cross of a human's and a leopards. His tail is absurdly long. He wears a white suit and red tie, as well as a top hat and monocle. He also carries a cane with him everywhere.

Rankja believes himself to be a 'proper English gentleman', whatever this English thing is, and for the most part holds himself to that standard, although what he believe a proper gentleman is and what an actual gentleman is may vary. A lot.
Strength: His martial arts, which, to an extent and if trained well enough, allow him to do things that most beings should not be able to do without magic.
Weakness: He does not do stealth. At all. He cannot hide at all, within reason.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 06:25:37 pm »

Will this work, If not PTW.
Single strength and weakness. Other then that, it's solid.
-thing-
Same for you.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 06:32:21 pm »

OK I fixed the Character sheet,so do I have a spot?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 06:37:13 pm »

OK I fixed the Character sheet,so do I have a spot?
At the moment, yes, but your is the weakest in depth so if the number reaches 9... A basic discretion of your character would help.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 06:40:35 pm »

Name: Heiu
Sex: Male.
Race: Mind Flayer
Class: Mind Mage
Background: Delicious minds. Heiu wants them all. Light-aligned societies tend to frown on this sort of thing. They must, therefore, fall. He is somewhat proud, and feels his race to be naturally superior to every non-psychic race.
He is humanoid, and wears a robe. He refuses to cover his face, proudly displaying his mouth tentacles.
Strength: He is a natural psychic.
Weakness: At best, beings with minds tend to be .. wary of him.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 06:56:44 pm »

Name: Stolrak
Sex: Undead. Probably male.
Race: Lich.
Class: Necromancer, Arch Lich, and Mildly Insane Hermit.
Background: Stolrak once had a different name. He doesn't remember it anymore though, it's been lost. Like so many other things. Lost in the winds of time. He was once a Hermit of a race long forgotten in the sands of time. Isolated from society and oh so very bored. He dabbled in what he should not have. Shattering his mind and rending his soul. That which remained was not quite dead but not quite alive. Time passed and its power grew. The creation of undead servants was deemed beneficial.
Strength: Undeath and an Aura of Death. Normal weapons find little purchase in Stolrak, he isn't quite corporal anymore. Corpses occasionally rise near him unintentionally, although he doesn't control them unless he intended to raise them.
Weakness: Stolrak had severe OCD in life and it's only gotten worse post mortam. Everything must be perfect. Everything must be properly alligned. Asymmetry is evil and must be removed. Why is there a tile missing from that wall? Somebody fix it!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 08:13:02 pm »

Name: Pearl
Sex: Female, and no, no pants
Race: Succubus
Class: RAGING. SEX. MA-CHINE. Also Mutationist.
Background: A lithe, attractive humanoid with short black hair, vibrant green eyes, bat wings, cute horns, and other minor demonic features. She's found a shortcut to gathering power in the form of mutating the living beings that serve her, and is quite liberal in experimenting with it. She's generally quite pleasant and likeable in person, but doesn't let that get in the way of her horrifying long-term goals: Ruling the world and remaking it as she sees fit. Perhaps not surprisingly, she also has a bit of a hedonistic streak, enjoying the finer things in life and wanting to be pampered like a cat.
Strength: Likeable. Whether it's lowlife scum deciding who the highest bidder is or a noble paladin contemplating which oppressed village to rescue first, people tend to want to side with her.
Weakness: Greedy. The phrase "I want them alive!" is as meaninglessly predictable coming from her lips as "But we can't carry all this!" is coming from those of her goons.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 12:46:31 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 08:33:57 pm »

So is it me or did someone get a flash back of Queen Beryl from sailor moon when they read "Queen Jade" of the Dark Kingdom/Darkness?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2014, 08:49:41 pm »

Name: Thaum Inoria Malestro
Sex: No
Race: Sorcerer
Class: Wizard
Background: Unwelcome in the more... "moral" realms, probably due to jealousy over the depths of Thaum's brilliant research into various magical fields. And maybe the concerns about noise pollution from all the screaming, though Thaum took great care to construct magical wards to dampen sound after the first torches-and-pitchforks peasant mob formed to express their displeasure (probably about the screaming keeping them up at night; they weren't very clear, all kept speaking over the tops of one another, but farmers have that whole "early to bed early to rise" thing, right? It was probably that). On the bright side, the Dark realms tend to be shady, devoid of pushy local aristocrats (at least ones of any real power), and have plenty of volunteers for research just throwing themselves at Thaum! Often literally, which can be a bit of a safety hazard, but what can you expect from a bunch of ignorant rubes? At least they have enthusiasm!
Strength: Beard
Weakness: Beard
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: [1] 2 3