Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where the heck do the other thread-bearing plants grow?  (Read 589 times)

The Bard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Where the heck do the other thread-bearing plants grow?
« on: December 23, 2014, 03:04:31 pm »

I never have a problem finding and growing vast fields of rope reed. Often, I can find at last one hemp plant to parley into a textiles industry. Once, I even managed to find and introduce pig tails into the world when my Civ had no knowledge of it.

Buuuut, I have NEVER seen flax or cotton. The humans sometimes bring me flax goods, but never seeds and they don't grow in any biomes I've embarked on.

The humans do bring raime, but I can never plant the stuff. Come to think of it, I can never plant peppers, watermelons or half the (non-tree) stuff I can import.

Am I just not embarking in the right places to get these? I'm usually in temperate areas, woodland, shrubland or marsh. That never seems to take away options, I just can't plant most of my seeds.

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where the heck do the other thread-bearing plants grow?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 03:47:36 pm »

They are tropical plants.  Rope reed is one of the pre-2014 crops that grows virtually everywhere.  Like fisher berries and prickleberries.... you just can't seem to -not- find them.