Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If you could pick the next squire's starting location, would it be...

A southernly port where cultures and norms of society mix and clash with each other?
A westernly city akin to Marienburg, home of current squire in play?
An easternly outpost at the edge of kingdom's borders, a beginning of thisverse's Silk Road?
A northernly fortress where young men prove themselves in combat with giants, wildlings and mystical beasts?
Centre of the kingdom, trapping the young squire in a thick web of decadent court's schemings and plots?

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 77

Author Topic: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game  (Read 57207 times)

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game
« Reply #645 on: January 13, 2015, 02:41:11 am »

Andres does make a point, though it raises the question of whether our daughter would inherit our father's land when we die, or whether our son would while the daughter inherits this place in such a case.  Assuming we had both, or even any children at all.

I guess it's slightly shameful probably?  Still, more land.   Worth considering.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 13, 2015, 02:44:19 am »

As far as my little political knowledge goes, Leafsong family will inheirt Lutz lands, and the eldest daughter of Leafsong-Lutz will inherit the combined wealth. Neither Honso nor his son(s), if he gets any, will have any claims on these v:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 13, 2015, 02:45:31 am »

Andres does make a point, though it raises the question of whether our daughter would inherit our father's land when we die, or whether our son would while the daughter inherits this place in such a case.
By default, it would go to our son unless we only had a daughter.* Marrying into a matrilineal family, though, gives us a case for bequeathing our lands to our daughter instead.**

*Source: Crusader Kings 2
**No source - just what I think we can do
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 13, 2015, 02:49:19 am »

CK2 is truly the greatest source of all medieval knowledge.

That said, I am almost certain that either way, Honso inherits his father's lands even if he marries into the Leafsong family.  They're still HIS, not his wife's.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 13, 2015, 03:07:04 am »

Yeah, yer right it seems v:

Still, inheritance is just the right topic to argue about with your spouse :P
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 13, 2015, 03:12:45 am »

Something I might've forgot to mention is that while -unless we change it- our lands will go to our son, our name wouldn't be passed down no matter our child's gender.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 13, 2015, 03:14:53 am »

You gotta decide for Honso; what is more important, name, lands or love? :P
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 13, 2015, 03:16:27 am »

SigFlags!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 13, 2015, 03:31:42 am »

"Apologies, but we are to leave tomorrow morning back to our manse. If you have anything in mind we ought to do it today for it would be unfortunate to wait until my next visit."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 13, 2015, 03:33:32 am »

I'm sure we could make a bit of time in the morning for a walk, before we leave.  We need not be so hasty as that.  There is still plenty of time to make it back home.  Two or three days, in fact, as I understand it, when it took less than one to get here.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:39:11 am by Lucus Casius »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 13, 2015, 03:42:53 am »

But unless we have a good excuse we'll probably get reprimanded if we take any more than two days to return, then we won't get sent on any more missions. We really ought to do something today to somewhat cement the fact that we're at least interested. We don't want some other guy to get a potentially excellent bride just because we didn't apply enough pressure.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 13, 2015, 03:45:22 am »

There is such a thing as coming across as pushy and disrespectful towards a social superior.  Which Fenya (and the Leafsong family as a whole) is, if I understand the situation correctly.  We have time.  We can wait an extra two hours to leave in the morning.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 13, 2015, 03:47:14 am »

How are we being pushy? We're just saying we can't come tomorrow, we should do something today, and we hope to meet her again in the future.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 13, 2015, 03:51:35 am »

That is both pushy and a blatant lie, as we most certainly can come tomorrow, as our companion could easily point out.

I say pushy because it is an attempt to assert power in a potential relationship by defining how the romance is to occur, when such a thing is totally unnecessary for said romance to occur on equal-ish and fair footing.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 13, 2015, 03:56:32 am »

SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 77