Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If you could pick the next squire's starting location, would it be...

A southernly port where cultures and norms of society mix and clash with each other?
A westernly city akin to Marienburg, home of current squire in play?
An easternly outpost at the edge of kingdom's borders, a beginning of thisverse's Silk Road?
A northernly fortress where young men prove themselves in combat with giants, wildlings and mystical beasts?
Centre of the kingdom, trapping the young squire in a thick web of decadent court's schemings and plots?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 77

Author Topic: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game  (Read 57370 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game
« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2014, 02:43:55 pm »

Yeah, a buckler would do well for us. Not a mule though, we've already got a horse.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2014, 02:46:55 pm »

I could get behind a buckler.
I see what you did there.
Attempt to recruit a handful of Drunks and retired warriors to accompany us, Then we will take our group to hunt down bandits and Heretics so we can get some loot and increase our fame.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2014, 03:16:37 pm »

Maybe if we were playing Mount and Blade. We're a little kid, Kobold. Don't be silly.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 29, 2014, 03:53:23 pm »

No we are a teenager and Drunkards should be easy to recruit.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2014, 04:08:20 pm »

And also completely useless at everything. Be realistic.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 29, 2014, 04:10:09 pm »

Two Words: Drunken Master, But seriously with clubs and superior numbers they are plenty lethal.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 29, 2014, 04:15:52 pm »

Drunkards cannot fight, and would not fight for a child who wants them to fight with him against people who would kill them. Plus seriously? Drunken mastery isn't a thing in realistic medieval times. We're simply not charismatic enough to convince people to die for us, and we probably will never be.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2014, 04:17:09 pm »

Fair Enough, But Cannon Fodder will be useful. We should really look into getting some Heraldry Skills.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2014, 04:25:27 pm »

Fair Enough, But Cannon Fodder will be useful.

We should really look into getting some Heraldry Skills.
Or we could just not get into fights.

Once we can read we can get to work on that.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 29, 2014, 04:28:48 pm »

Good Point, Although this could have been avoided if we had just used 1 point on reading to begin with. :P
Start telling the Tavern Drunks that we fought off a demon possession and that it has made us stronger.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 29, 2014, 04:37:32 pm »

I'd rather avoid dealing with the church any more than we have to. And I don't know about others, but I want to eventually work our way into a place that'll develop Courtship rather than Theology. So my counter suggestion would be...

Seek out Sandra again and tell her about your hardship as well as your desire to consolidate your focus in an area where you are weakest and might open doors of opportunity if it were available: Reading/Writing. She mentioned reading religious books before, and while we do not know if she is a capable teacher, ask if you can become her pupil. Offer to pay her a fair tutor's wage, as her wealth situation suggested it could probably use with a little filling.

Goal here is to build our relationship with her, and the access to magic that gives us (such as possibly Vevane or another wizard) in the future, and of course fulfill our goal of reading/writing to the eventual end of being able to either manage contracts of employment without being swindled or send letters to potential employers instead of wasting time trying to talk our way through each person's guards.
+1. -1 to anything that's not this.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 29, 2014, 04:43:37 pm »

I'd rather avoid dealing with the church any more than we have to. And I don't know about others, but I want to eventually work our way into a place that'll develop Courtship rather than Theology. So my counter suggestion would be...

Seek out Sandra again and tell her about your hardship as well as your desire to consolidate your focus in an area where you are weakest and might open doors of opportunity if it were available: Reading/Writing. She mentioned reading religious books before, and while we do not know if she is a capable teacher, ask if you can become her pupil. Offer to pay her a fair tutor's wage, as her wealth situation suggested it could probably use with a little filling.

Goal here is to build our relationship with her, and the access to magic that gives us (such as possibly Vevane or another wizard) in the future, and of course fulfill our goal of reading/writing to the eventual end of being able to either manage contracts of employment without being swindled or send letters to potential employers instead of wasting time trying to talk our way through each person's guards.

+1 this is superior to my plan, But we should still go rabble-rousing in the future.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 29, 2014, 05:24:36 pm »

+1 this is superior to my plan, But we should still go rabble-rousing in the future.
+1 can we skip forward a week or so also i between lessons get a job doing stuff

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 29, 2014, 05:56:56 pm »

Snip

I agree with this plan also, will probably bear more fruit then trying handouts from the church.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 29, 2014, 06:43:59 pm »

After though ADVENTURE TIME
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 77