Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If you could pick the next squire's starting location, would it be...

A southernly port where cultures and norms of society mix and clash with each other?
A westernly city akin to Marienburg, home of current squire in play?
An easternly outpost at the edge of kingdom's borders, a beginning of thisverse's Silk Road?
A northernly fortress where young men prove themselves in combat with giants, wildlings and mystical beasts?
Centre of the kingdom, trapping the young squire in a thick web of decadent court's schemings and plots?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 77

Author Topic: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game  (Read 57386 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game
« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2014, 12:43:49 pm »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2014, 12:51:03 pm »

Go on adventure to find that filthy Elf from the Necromancer's backstory, Once we find them we'll torture that monster. Slowly.Very Slowly. For Days. HAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHHhAHAhAhAhAhAHAH!

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2014, 01:14:54 pm »

-1 to LuckyKobold's or other wacky genre-blind suggestions from here on out.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2014, 01:18:56 pm »

Welp, time for #3 in my plan post a bit ago. Or seek actual employment.

3) A third might be to head to the church and thank them for "cleansing" us, and ask for proper education in the divines so as to properly gird ourselves away from further temptation and damnation. No way they'd turn down the opportunity to teach us.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 01:25:06 pm by Xanmyral »

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2014, 01:46:32 pm »

I'd rather avoid dealing with the church any more than we have to. And I don't know about others, but I want to eventually work our way into a place that'll develop Courtship rather than Theology. So my counter suggestion would be...

Seek out Sandra again and tell her about your hardship as well as your desire to consolidate your focus in an area where you are weakest and might open doors of opportunity if it were available: Reading/Writing. She mentioned reading religious books before, and while we do not know if she is a capable teacher, ask if you can become her pupil. Offer to pay her a fair tutor's wage, as her wealth situation suggested it could probably use with a little filling.

Goal here is to build our relationship with her, and the access to magic that gives us (such as possibly Vevane or another wizard) in the future, and of course fulfill our goal of reading/writing to the eventual end of being able to either manage contracts of employment without being swindled or send letters to potential employers instead of wasting time trying to talk our way through each person's guards.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 29, 2014, 01:48:55 pm »

Awww, Fiiine. But we still need to kill that tree hugging hypocrite Elf at some point. We should also ask her if there is any way for her to use her necromancy powers for self-defense.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2014, 01:49:54 pm »

Awww, Fiiine. But we still need to kill that tree hugging hypocrite Elf at some point.

Oh most definitely. But I suspect we'd die horribly if we attempted it as we are :x

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2014, 01:51:19 pm »

To be sure, I say that when we do kill it we use a woodcutting axe that was made using charcoal for maximum irony.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 29, 2014, 02:07:34 pm »

Going to the church would be an option, we'd learn reading and possibly more about the church, however we'd have to be careful not to do anything that could be considered as a 'relapse' of our 'condition'. We should also probably stop by our horse too to keep an eye on it.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 29, 2014, 02:14:54 pm »

Purchase an Iron Breastplate and 3 Easily Concealed Daggers to use as Fallback weapons.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #175 on: December 29, 2014, 02:15:52 pm »

What the heck do we need a breastplate for in the city? The sword works just fine for self-defense as well.

Seek out Sandra again and tell her about your hardship as well as your desire to consolidate your focus in an area where you are weakest and might open doors of opportunity if it were available: Reading/Writing. She mentioned reading religious books before, and while we do not know if she is a capable teacher, ask if you can become her pupil. Offer to pay her a fair tutor's wage, as her wealth situation suggested it could probably use with a little filling.
+1 Between lessons let's head over to the merchant quarter and find a merchant who needs a part-timer.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 29, 2014, 02:24:08 pm »

We'll wear the breastplate under a cloak so that whenever somebody catches us of guard we'll be able to surprise them, 1 of the daggers is for our companion and the other 2 are just concealed so that we aren't totally helpless in a fight, And if somebody gets within point blank range of us where our short-sword won't be effective we can just gut stab them. And why wouldn't a would-be Knight/Adventurer have superior armor?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 29, 2014, 02:41:16 pm »

Well, for one... We're still growing, so eventually we'd grow out of that breastplate, secondly we probably want to preserve funds, and armour would bite pretty deeply into that. Secondly, a shortsword should indeed do fine for self defense, having a good mix of length and speed. So lets not spend money juust yet.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 29, 2014, 02:42:32 pm »

We should however purchase a buckler and a packmule.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 29, 2014, 02:43:16 pm »

I could get behind a buckler.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 77