Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If you could pick the next squire's starting location, would it be...

A southernly port where cultures and norms of society mix and clash with each other?
A westernly city akin to Marienburg, home of current squire in play?
An easternly outpost at the edge of kingdom's borders, a beginning of thisverse's Silk Road?
A northernly fortress where young men prove themselves in combat with giants, wildlings and mystical beasts?
Centre of the kingdom, trapping the young squire in a thick web of decadent court's schemings and plots?

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 77

Author Topic: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game  (Read 57260 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game
« Reply #450 on: January 08, 2015, 06:52:49 pm »

Hmm, if dishonorable tricks are pretty common in single-combat knight fights, does that mean we should try some?  It might give us an edge since our challenger seems perfectly honorable.

Like tripping, which was mentioned?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 08, 2015, 06:54:16 pm »

-1 to dishonourable stuff. We're in the tournament to win honour. Dishonourable actions will dull our victory at best or get us disqualified at worst.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 08, 2015, 07:05:33 pm »

Hardly.  We're here to prove our combat abilities, and a man willing to fight with brutal cunning will win more accolades in such an arena from those that matter than those willing to limit themselves.

Now, cheating by sabotaging equipment might ruin things a bit.  But tripping, dirt-throwing, all that?  That's perfectly legitimate and well within the bounds of knighthood.  Gigla is quite right.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 08, 2015, 07:06:56 pm »

Tripping is fine. Dirt-throwing and crotch-kicking isn't, though.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 08, 2015, 07:08:36 pm »

There's no reason to assume it isn't in this context.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 08, 2015, 07:09:42 pm »

No, I mean seriously, we are NOT kicking a guy's crotch, regardless of the setting. That's sacrosanctum.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 08, 2015, 07:13:17 pm »

Mo' like sanctoscrotum
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 08, 2015, 08:56:57 pm »

Mmkay, he seems to work more on making us shift our sword to a position where we'd leave ourself open..

Side assaults, attempt to move to the side if he charges, then press the assault.

-1 to chanting, we gotta keep our breath and focus entirely on this fight.

This is reasonable! Also, we have more than just a sword, we have a fist too. If we can off balance him with a punch/shove/pull with our free-ish hand, go for it. Learn from our fight with the veteran at the garrison.
+1

If we have to fight dirty, the only real thing that matters at the moment is winning.

Nunzillor

« Reply #458 on: January 08, 2015, 09:05:42 pm »

Mmkay, he seems to work more on making us shift our sword to a position where we'd leave ourself open..

Side assaults, attempt to move to the side if he charges, then press the assault.

This is reasonable! Also, we have more than just a sword, we have a fist too. If we can off balance him with a punch/shove/pull with our free-ish hand, go for it. Learn from our fight with the veteran at the garrison.
+1

If we have to fight dirty, the only real thing that matters at the moment is winning.
+1, as long as we don't do anything that would get us disqualified.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 08, 2015, 10:37:22 pm »

PRESS HARD AGAINST HIM AND WIN THIS!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 08, 2015, 10:42:22 pm »

+1

Lowblows and stuff, sure.  Comic book villain stuff, no.

Charge forward with a feint.  He'll either begin to counter or back up some.  React with those two anticipations in mind.
  See, if he backs up he leaves himself open to stabbing.  If he begins to counter you parry that and continue to push.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 08, 2015, 11:38:58 pm »

No chanting. Press attack. Later on, I think we should try to get back on good - working, friendly - relations with Mattella. Are we really going to leave our relationship the way we did, considering the circumstances?

Why not? I say we should find a Merchants Daugher to marry. We'll have a smart wife at least :D

EDIT: I know this is mean but come on ppl wouldn't you marry upwards? Tell me no and i'll call you a liar.

EDIT 2: Our lord knows not of our cleansed mark lets not draw attention hmm? No chanting now or after. Win or lose we walk out.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 11:44:23 pm by 3man75 »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 09, 2015, 08:25:15 am »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 09, 2015, 08:37:17 am »

Watch the other fighters. It was a mistake not to do so last time and we wouldn't have been hit so much if our opponent hadn't watched us when we were fighting. Do we still have the same stats or has our Sword skill gone up since we started training/tournamenting?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 09, 2015, 08:41:08 am »

Watch the other fighters. It was a mistake not to do so last time and we wouldn't have been hit so much if our opponent hadn't watched us when we were fighting. Do we still have the same stats or has our Sword skill gone up since we started training/tournamenting?
That and we should thank the other contestant for a wonderful fight, and let him know that we hope to carry his skill and honor into the next victory.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 77