Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 130

Author Topic: Starbound - Caveat emptor  (Read 451284 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Upbeat Giraffe - WE STABLE NOW
« Reply #375 on: January 31, 2015, 11:29:50 am »

The game's still being worked on though - maybe if it's requested enough they'll add it?

Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha *gasp* hahahahahahahahaaaaa....

*ahem*

Sorry. What I mean to say was, yes, I'm sure that if we politely suggest improvements to the game, the Chucklefish team will be happy to make them. *chortle*

Well the Novakis were sort of a suggested race to begin with, so there is always a chance.
A very small chance but still a chance.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 31, 2015, 12:42:26 pm »

The game's still being worked on though - maybe if it's requested enough they'll add it?

*ahem*

Sorry. What I mean to say was, yes, I'm sure that if we politely suggest improvements to the game, the Chucklefish team will be happy to make them. *chortle*

Well the Novakis were sort of a suggested race to begin with, so there is always a chance.
A very small chance but still a chance.

Wasn't that part of a contest to design a race? I know there was one to design some mobs. Speaking of, have we heard anything about whether those are still going to make it into the game?

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 31, 2015, 12:44:46 pm »

*ahem*

Careful Sappho, might end up becoming a pariah in these threads like a few of us.  People don't like the glaring faults of Chucklefish pointed out apparently.  :P

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 31, 2015, 02:13:36 pm »

Careful Sappho, might end up becoming a pariah in these threads like a few of us.  People don't like the glaring faults of Chucklefish pointed out apparently.  :P
there's pointing out dislikes and problems, then there is just being antagonistic.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 31, 2015, 02:24:26 pm »

We're just tired of the same argument being rehashed ad nauseum, because everything to be said on the matter has already been said long ago, and repeated several, several times.

Sappho's pointing out stuff wrong with the current game, not complaining about the problems of the chucklefish forums (which are already noted several times) or their roadmap.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 31, 2015, 03:50:47 pm »

Chucklefish has actually been pretty good on player feedback based on the Starbound subreddit. I've seen developers regularly post in response to feedback, then that feedback actually gets added.
While they probably could do a bit better (everyone can), they're pretty good at it.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 31, 2015, 03:54:29 pm »

Edited out: I didn't want to be the only post on a page... I wanted mine to be buried along with other posts.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #382 on: January 31, 2015, 04:39:06 pm »

Man, I wish I knew more about modding. I'd make a mod that allows you to break old gear down for pixels.

Yeah. Maybe an auction thing at the outpost too, especially good for multiplayer.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 31, 2015, 06:56:14 pm »

The first BYOS mod for Upbeat Giraffe is out. 256x256 build space.

HOWEVER:
-Lacks some functionality prior to fixing your FTL drive.
-Unlocking a ship upgrade after installing the mod will wipe your constructed ship and replace it with the vanilla version you just upgraded to.

-The standard stuff about how installing will delete anything stored on your ship. Duh.

there's pointing out dislikes and problems, then there is just being antagonistic.
We're just tired of the same argument being rehashed ad nauseum, because everything to be said on the matter has already been said long ago, and repeated several, several times.

Sappho's pointing out stuff wrong with the current game, not complaining about the problems of the chucklefish forums (which are already noted several times) or their roadmap.

This, and this. I'm totally on board with hashing out issues with new features &c. (and with poking fun at CF, because goodness knows it'd be hypocritical of me to not be cool with that). What we don't need is the repetitive moaning about old complaints and attempts to stir up the same gorram arguments that flooded the last few hundred pages of the old thread.

Man, I wish I knew more about modding. I'd make a mod that allows you to break old gear down for pixels.
I could have sworn that there were several, but upon searching there apparently aren't. Huh, that's honestly surprising.

I do believe loot is randomized, even if you get the same terrain and chests in the same places.
Did they change that? Up to the last stable update before Upbeat Giraffe people were compiling spreadsheets of coordinates with good loot expressly because while the universe was procedurally generated, there was only one universe, including generated loot, such that any player could go to coordinates given by another player in and from their respective SP games and find the same loot in the same container in the same place. It'd be sort of a shame, considering that that was about the closest you got to cooperation in the community (except for following someone around playing music for them as they quested, heh).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #384 on: January 31, 2015, 07:08:40 pm »

Did the new revision out today kill anyone elses' dedicated linux servers?

Apparently the config was corrupted somehow...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 07:31:47 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 01, 2015, 10:33:02 am »

From what I've picked up, everyone now spawns on the exact same planet? That sounds odd.

No, every character you make start on the same planet.
Love, scriver~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 01, 2015, 12:15:23 pm »

EDIT2: Ah, they fucked up. It's STILL /spawnitem FTLrepairkit 1
Why "fucked up"? Did they say that they removed that command (for no good reason)?
._.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 01, 2015, 02:32:50 pm »

How. How how how how do you beat this stupid penguin mech. It just refuses to not kill me. I haven't even managed to get it down to half health before it wrecks me. How do they expect people to beat this guy with their current level of equipment? At least the crystal guy could be cheesed by blocking his lasers with a two-handed sword. I honestly don't think they tested some of these bosses before releasing this update.

That said, I'm enjoying the rest of it.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 01, 2015, 02:36:36 pm »

How. How how how how do you beat this stupid penguin mech. It just refuses to not kill me. I haven't even managed to get it down to half health before it wrecks me. How do they expect people to beat this guy with their current level of equipment? At least the crystal guy could be cheesed by blocking his lasers with a two-handed sword. I honestly don't think they tested some of these bosses before releasing this update.

That said, I'm enjoying the rest of it.

My own tactic is to have a long range weapon equipped.
Then stand by the entrance and keep firing at it.
If it attacks with missiles then close the door, back up and wait till the attack finishes.

Note that this tactic was used in the Unstable version, I do not know if it still works.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 01, 2015, 02:37:29 pm »

Can't do that with the trap door.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 130