Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: TEST FEF: Rally The Troops  (Read 12713 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: TEST FEF: [Noun] the [Adjective]!
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2014, 04:37:04 pm »

"Clear the enemies, I need to reach and heal the wounded villager."
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 08:08:42 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: TEST FEF: [Noun] the [Verb]!
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2014, 04:40:21 pm »

Strike Soldier C!

"Not the villagers, you hounds."

Being concise was the best rule, Alessa taught herself, upon engaging an enemy from an advantageous position--usually of hidden or vague nature--and yet in need of a quip or a statement to tarry their attention.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2014, 04:49:13 pm »

"Then you have made your choice. Fight well, and earn your place in the halls of the dead!"

E28, javelin Thief
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2014, 05:07:48 pm »

Limp to C28, use Vulnerary.

"Don't fret about me, guys. I can heal myself."

Erik clutched the arrow in his side and gave a short "ow" when he stepped.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2014, 05:11:28 pm »

"Humph. A few mere arrows are no reason to die, Eric."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2014, 05:13:02 pm »

F-27, stab the Fighter

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 06:19:17 pm »

Code: (Alessa vs Soldier C) [Select]
HIT: 112 + 15 - 15 - 16 - 5 = 91
CRT: 14 - 2 = 12
Roll: 38!
Damage: 15 - 1 - 9 = 5!
Code: (Ferrum vs Thief A) [Select]
HIT: 73 + 15 - 30 - 5 = 53
CRT: 2 - 8 = 0
Roll: 42!
Damage: 16 + 1 - 1 = 16!

Thief A Can't Retaliate!
Code: (Erik Uses Vulnerary) [Select]
Erik: +10  HP
Code: (Blake vs Fighter A) [Select]
HIT: 105 + 15 - 12 - 5 = 103
CRT: 6 - 2 = 4
Roll: 26!
Damage: 20 + 1 - 6 = 15!
Code: (Shirou vs Mercenary B) [Select]
HIT: 114 + 15 - 23 - 5 - 5 = 96
CRT: 16 + 10 - 3 = 23
Roll: 44!
Damage: 19 - 5 = 14!

Mercenary B Can't Retaliate!

HIT: 114 + 15 - 23 - 5 - 5 = 96
CRT: 16 + 10 - 3 = 23
Roll: 17! CRITICAL! //And there's the second
Damage: 19 - 5 = 14x3 = 42!

Alessa was quick to capitalize on the weakened soldier, harshly taking advantage of the opening that was presented thanks to the militia men. With a rush, she quickly threw one arm up and it caught the soldier on the chin, shunting his head upwards and exposing his neck for a moment.

That's all she needed. As she chided the soldier and, with a singular fluid motion, her other arm brought the dagger into play as it ripped through his exposed throat. The soldier died before he even hit the ground.

With steps that shook the ground as he marched, the mountain of metal that was Ferrum responded to the answer and a hope that his opponent may fight well. He singular purpose, his arm grabbed a hold of a javelin and soon sent it hurtling towards the leader, catching her off guard at its speed. She held up the sword in a feeble attempt to parry the projectile, but it slid right past the metal with a metallic clang and thudded into her gut. She coughed up blood, but was otherwise alive, snarling at Ferrum.

She didn't for long though, as once more hoofs sounded their ruin. There were two solid twangs of a bow string, and the sword-bearing soldier she just healed took one in the chest. The second struck him between the eyes, burying itself with such an intensity the head went clear through the other side, the arrow only stopping when the fetching of the shaft touched its target. The leader of the small group of soldiers looked on in horror as the man she just tried to heal collapsed, dead and beyond any help now except that of a funeral.

Blake added to the death waltz, taking the enemies confusion at his trick to disengage the two and instead the target the axeman who wounded their mage. The axeman wasn't even aware of the fencer before it was too late, the fencer's sword deftly skewering the man straight through the heart. The soldier looked at the sword, then Blake with mild confusion that soon gave way to nothing as he slid off of the steel with a thud.

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 06:24:30 pm by Xanmyral »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2014, 09:09:58 pm »

Dany reached for his vulnerary, but saw that others had things under control.

"Oh well, I was paid to cause injuries, not heal them."

Seeing a weakened soldier, Dany carefully calculated his shot so that the coup de grace would fly true. Coupled with the trick he learned wih shooting at large crowds, the enemy's survival chance is slim.

Shoot Soldier B (Coup De Grace and Crowd Control active)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2014, 01:18:43 am »

Code: (Dany vs Soldier B) [Select]
HIT: 110 + 10 - 16 - 15 - 5 = 84
CRT: 5 - 2 = 3
Roll: 31!
Damage: 14 + 2 - 9 - 1 = 6!

Soldier B Can't Retaliate!

The soldier was stunned, watching his comrades be cut down around him in force. He didn't even notice the archer take aim at him, not until the arrow was already let fly. There was a thunk as the arrow penetrated a weaker section of the soldier's armor, piercing it outright and striking the wounded man in the chest. The soldier gingerly felt the arrow and glared at the archer who shot it, but the glare was weak, as was the man, now very unsteady on his feet.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2014, 08:08:24 pm »

Seeing that her allies had cleared a path towards the wounded militia woman, Adrianne rushed her horse through before the enemy had a chance of filling the gap again and brought her staff to the wounded spearwoman, healing some of her wounds.
"Don't worry, you'll be fine."
E24, heal Spearlitia.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2014, 02:08:05 am »

Code: (Adrianne Uses Staff) [Select]
Militia C: +19 HP!

Rushing through the opening in a blink of the eye, the troubadour quickly rose her staff over the heavily wounded militia woman. The crystal at the top of the staff shimmered a faint green that slunk over to the injured woman, alighting her in a green glow as her wounds visibly healed and her breathing returned to normal. Soon, the worst of the wounds were nothing but a scar now, and the militia looked up at her savior with gratitude.

"Thank you, I don't think I'd of lived another second without your help."

ENEMY PHASE

Finding themselves heavily outnumbered and without retreat, they glared at their enemies but hesitated in their attack. They knew that if they persisted, they won't survive. Their leader had other ideas though, still furious about her wounds and this insult to her company being mostly wiped out. When the spear wielding soldier dropped his weapon in surrender, she snapped.

"I DIDN'T SAY YOU COULD SURRENDER! FIGHT! FIGHT DAMN YOU ALL!"

She charged at her soldiers, but instead of attacking the her enemy, her rage was focused on the 'traitor'. Without his weapon, and in his condition, he was in no condition to retaliate to retaliate properly.

Code: (Thief A vs Soldier B) [Select]
HIT: 99 + 5 - 16 - 15 - 5 = 68
CRT: 5 - 2 = 3
Roll: 33!
Damage: 15 - 9 - 1 = 5!
Code: (Mage A vs Thief A) [Select]
HIT: 109 + 5 - 30 - 5 = 79
CRT: 4 - 8 = 0
Roll: 37!
Damage: 16 - 6 = 10!

The leader fell upon the defenseless man, killing him in a single stroke. There was a moment of silence that followed, as her actions finally caught up to her. She stared at what was once one of her soldiers, now dead by her own hands. Not long after there was a crash and a gust of wind as green edged magic crashed through the trees and struck her dead on, killing her instantly.

"I'd much rather survive this, thank you very much. I've little interest to die for this cause, nor for a commander who would kill her own."

The mage sniffed as he lowered the tome, gave a brief glance at the soldier and then tossed the hefty book to the side, raising his hands in surrender. The mercenary soon followed, his sword landing with a thud to the ground.

ALLY/NEUTRAL PHASE

The militia still looked poised to attack the surrendering soldiers, but their captain raised his hand to halt them. "We'll not sink to their level and attack those who can't even defend themselves." Those under his lead hesitate, but ultimately defer to his orders and lower their weapons.

"We accept your surrender. You two, bring them to that house and lock them in. We'll deal with them later. Tarry for a moment though, if our saviors may wish a quick word with them." The two nodded and moved them along to the house and relinquishing them of their medicinal supplies, stopping right before the entrance.

The militia busied themselves passing around the newly gained vulns and healing themselves, handing a full set of vulneraries to their leader who presented it to the mercenaries.

"You deserve this more than us, with what you did to tear through their ranks. You have our thanks."

Code: (Militia B Uses Vulnerary) [Select]
Militia B: +10 HP
Code: (Militia A Performs) [Select]
Adrianne Looks Refreshed!
Code: (Milita E Uses Vulnerary) [Select]
Militia E: +10 HP

Taking a moment to embrace the spearwoman at having almost nearly lost her, the man turned to the troubadour who saved her. "Thank you, thank you, a thousand times thank you for saving my wife! I don't know what I would of done if I lost her."

"Captain! More soldiers are on their way here, they're amassing by the river ford!" The militia man wielding the metal rod called out, moving closer to heal himself.

The captain frowned, looking back at the mercenaries. "I don't know why you're here, but I have a feeling its not to help us. But we cannot live like this anymore, constantly in fear that those in the keep will eventually tire of our presence and try to kill us before they finish starving us and draining our very livelihoods and reasons to live. We can't offer much in the way of payment, but we ask you to help us drive them away from that accursed keep, once and for all."

TURN 2

PLAYER PHASE

Code: (Vulnerary Aftereffects) [Select]
Erik: +5 HP

Adrianne Has 2 Turns!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2014, 02:14:37 am »

"We will help as we can. Do not worry. We would not leave you to fight all of these enemies by yourself."

Blake bowed to the leader, before heading off towards the fight.

I-26

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: TEST FEF: [Verb] the [Adjective] [Noun]
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2014, 08:41:33 am »

Move to F-26
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TEST FEF: The [Verb]ening!
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2014, 09:11:33 am »

The huge steel mountain that was Ferrum nodded.

"All who wish should be able to live in peace. The keep will be cleared today, and hopefully more will surrender to justice to face their deeds."

He turned towards the enemy and began to march, leaving deep footprints in the ground where he stepped.

"Few of their weapons if all can harm me, so have your force be careful and let me take the brunt of the fighting. You need not return with your wives widows or your husbands widowers today."

I27
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11