north south
- 0 (0%)
east west
- 2 (15.4%)
both
- 7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Author Topic: Dominions 4 game #13 Sub found  (Read 42081 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 game #13 Sub found
« Reply #345 on: May 27, 2015, 01:08:21 am »

Can I have a rollback?  I'm asking like, 7 minutes after the deadline.

Edit: I'm going to sleep, don't look at your turns.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:55:23 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 27, 2015, 03:13:35 am »

I should have checked this thread before looking at my turn. How badly have I ruined things?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 27, 2015, 03:24:05 am »

I should have checked this thread before looking at my turn. How badly have I ruined things?

Assuming a rollback is instituted, you might see some discrepancies with your current turn and the future "real" current turn (slight variations in battle outcome, different events, etc.). Try not to get too hung up about losing good events or gaining bad events and such. Also, by 'slight variation' I mean you can get totally crushed in some battle you didn't before.

Basically all the random elements will get scrambled.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 27, 2015, 03:31:15 am »

The game has been rolled back to the previous turn.

Instructions:
If you had already downloaded and run the turn file for T49, you MUST delete both .trn and .2h files in your saves directory before proceeding with the new turn. Otherwise unspeakable doom horrors will happen and eat you in your sleep.
Only those who have stalled (Sauromatia, Niefelheim) need to submit their turns. I'll force hosting as soon as I see them in.

It goes without saying that you should not use the information glimpsed in the discarded turn 49 to make adjustments in or inform your orders in turn 48.

It's probably going to be alright. Just make sure to clear your 413 saved games directory before redoing the turn with the new file (once you get it).

Can I have a rollback?  I'm asking like, 7 minutes after the deadline.

Edit: I'm going to sleep, don't look at your turns.
Please, make sure it doesn't happen again.

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 27, 2015, 04:06:25 am »

Uh, I had, once I recieved turn 48 again, also immediately run/reuploaded that without checking the thread, because learning anything from my mistakes is apparently beyond me, so is there a way to get Llamaserver to ignore the turn 48 I reuploaded in favour of the previous one I would have defaulted to? I'm so sorry.
EDIT: I know the military orders and such are identical, as are the summonings and mage recruitments, but I haven't double checked troop recruitment, or scout movement, if that helps?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 04:13:17 am by Hatman »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 27, 2015, 04:21:41 am »

You can always resend your old save. It should be in your sent folder of whatever mailbox you're using.

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 27, 2015, 04:33:29 am »

Done! I am sorry for causing so much drama. I will endeavour to make smarter choices in future.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 27, 2015, 10:00:48 am »

Thanks for the rollback.

Uh, I don't think it terribly matters, except that you might learn things that you didn't otherwise know.  I'm not sure myself though, this is the first time this has happened in a game I'm playing.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 27, 2015, 11:39:39 am »

New turn 49 should be out in a few minutes. Remember to delete the contents of your 413 saves folder first.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 29, 2015, 06:57:57 pm »

Hmm, the battle summary and the battle replay for the battle at Machaka totally do not line up. Not that I'm complaining - I won the summary (and thus the one that actually counts) I'd love to know _how_ I won it, though, since I lost it pretty badly in the replay - maybe a lucky scorpion charm that took out your mages?

Edit: Hmm, Kunal also. Did Dom4 update recently?

Edit^2: By the way, Machaka has some of the worst terrain surrounding it I've ever seen. Mountains? Yes. Wastes? Yes. Mountain Wastes? Sure, why the hell not. Makes it rather difficult to move anything around there more than 1 space a turn.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 07:35:57 pm by AlStar »

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 29, 2015, 11:34:36 pm »

I'm really beginning to dislike blood vengeance. I think that I lose far more troops to it than to actual attacks. Doesn't help when witless mages go offscript and call forth fire elementals in the back ranks, either. Still, I'm two units short of my goal of killing every Lankan Demon-Ape ever to tread on T'ien Ch'i soil, which is a good place to be, even if the diplomatic arrangement it was relevant to fell through.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 30, 2015, 10:48:49 am »

I don't see anything for Dom4 in my completed downloads in Steam.

Well, so far, my attempts to remotely kill Marverni's mother boars have resulted in a couple feebleminded mind lords and a feebleminded aboleth - but VoTD turns out to work, mwah-ha-ha.

P.S. If anyone wants to trade gems, I'm looking for pearls.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 30, 2015, 11:06:22 am »

Wondered who was casting that. You should've kept quiet - I just assumed it was Machaka.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 30, 2015, 12:37:26 pm »

Machaka doesn't even have the paths IIRC. I thought it was obvious.   :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 31, 2015, 01:53:03 am »

Ah, sweet liberation.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29