north south
- 0 (0%)
east west
- 2 (15.4%)
both
- 7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Author Topic: Dominions 4 game #13 Sub found  (Read 42098 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 game #13 Game started! first turns going out.
« Reply #240 on: March 25, 2015, 06:06:53 am »

I'm doing alright. Can't complain, really. The RNG put me in a nice spot, and my neighbours have been remarkably mellow so far.

In other news, the throne of night just won't give up.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 29, 2015, 04:45:37 am »

If our gracious admin is around, perhaps he'd consider postponing the deadline a bit for the sake of Lanka? They're in a middle of being invaded, so a stalled turn could hurt them a lot.
Nevermind, he managed, apparently.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 05:13:16 am by Il Palazzo »

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 29, 2015, 08:51:55 am »

(( I was struggling to get my other turns in and this one was relatively simple so it came mostly as an afterthought. ))

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 29, 2015, 01:54:21 pm »

setting up for ya.
So, how's the game for everyone else so far?

I haven't lost any territory, but I didn't have that much to begin with and my expansion options are all looking pretty painful.  Surviving for a while is looking likely, winning is not.  My underwater holdings are pretty much lost.  If I'd understood how UW expansion works I would have played it very differently.

First of all, as it turns out I could have been supplementing my mermen with Longdeads from pretty much turn 3, which I didn't even try to do.  I also didn't understand this, but most of the underwater recruits are largely identical which means the main way to expand with them is to massively outnumber the opponents.  Took me too long to realize that, so I lost an UW fight.

EA R'yleh is on everyone's "worst factions ever" list, so I naively assumed that meant they weren't a threat.  As it turns out, the main reason for this is that they can't easily bring their most effective tricks above water, which makes claiming thrones unlikely.  They are actually quite good at fighting below water, way better than the indy recruits.  They've got 25 gold tramplers.

I was also outmaneuvered by the R'yleh.  I realized they were trying to build an underwater palisade to get their aquatic mages.  So I decided to attack right when the palisade went up.  Unfortunately THEY attacked the turn the palisade went up, and I didn't fix my combat programming for this possibility.  Looking back, I should have started mass producing troops in all of my provinces the moment they appeared.  I should have swarmed them with 200 tritons with clusters of trample immune sharks on my frontline.

Honestly though?  That's like 2000 gold as an iffy bet to hold 4 provinces that are probably income neutral at that point.  I should never have even tried with R'yleh in the game.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 29, 2015, 02:34:50 pm »

About UW fights :

Usually Shark tribe tritons are very good because of their multi-attack berserk.
But agaisnt tramplers, they're crap. when you get kielld in one hit, you can't berserk ;)
That's where the Shark Cavalry is good. but they're really expensive.

You could have beaten me with more Shark Cavalry, and a few Shark Tritons set to attack rear, I think.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 29, 2015, 03:57:24 pm »

About UW fights :

Usually Shark tribe tritons are very good because of their multi-attack berserk.
But agaisnt tramplers, they're crap. when you get kielld in one hit, you can't berserk ;)
That's where the Shark Cavalry is good. but they're really expensive.

You could have beaten me with more Shark Cavalry, and a few Shark Tritons set to attack rear, I think.

The problem is that both those things come from the same province, which I had spitting out units for as long as I owned it.

Also no combat programming in that province (or old combat programming more accurately) because fuck my life.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #246 on: March 31, 2015, 02:40:53 am »

does unnotify and renotify help? just noticed i'm not getting emails of this thread >.<

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 31, 2015, 07:13:51 am »

does unnotify and renotify help? just noticed i'm not getting emails of this thread >.<

Maybe. Do you get email notifications from other threads just fine? If not you might have typo'd your email address.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #248 on: March 31, 2015, 07:21:11 am »

used to, now i am again, refreshing it worked

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 01, 2015, 05:57:13 am »

My recent scout battle with lanka, or the replay thereof, seems bugged. His side never showed up on the actual field in the replay (I won in a rout before actually getting a turn), both listed combatants are alive, and his was a modded hero, which strikes me as further cause for concern given the already unusual circumstances.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 01, 2015, 06:01:36 am »

My recent scout battle with lanka, or the replay thereof, seems bugged. His side never showed up on the actual field in the replay (I won in a rout before actually getting a turn), both listed combatants are alive, and his was a modded hero, which strikes me as further cause for concern given the already unusual circumstances.
Were you attacking? Are you sure he didn't simply escape before you had a chance to act?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 01, 2015, 06:15:46 am »

Sounds like the guy was on retreat orders. And revealed scouts count as attackers so he was defending. The very first thing he'd do on the battle is to bravely run away. So you'd have to pause the battle as soon as it starts to have a chance at spotting the guy and the default graphical backgrounds are pretty messy if you're trying to find one specific guy somewhere (press 'w' to see better).

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 01, 2015, 08:38:16 am »

And the retreat would be quick if the defender fly, as the movement is not displayed...
so yeah, maybe not a bug.

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 01, 2015, 06:42:32 pm »

I tried pausing the battle at startup. But you are probably right. And yes, I was attacking.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 01, 2015, 11:18:30 pm »

I've seen him flee before, in a real battle, so I'm not sure what happened there. I forgot that I set him to Retreat though, so that pissed me off. He would've eaten your Scout.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29