Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28

Author Topic: Galaxy Rise: More like Galaxy Fall, AMIRITE?  (Read 31033 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Rise - The Siege of the HMC
« Reply #375 on: January 15, 2015, 01:44:40 am »

The prisoners are in a shed without EVA suits. They can't do stuff.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 15, 2015, 10:44:41 am »

We need to send out a small team on a flanking route toward where the Dart crashed to prevent the Uarks from trying to secure the site.  Otherwise, Plan Andres (Plandres) is good... except screw surrender; we have enough prisoners already.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 15, 2015, 04:43:00 pm »

Getting them to surrender means we get a mostly-intact tank and undamaged armour. Plus, 24 Uark prisoners makes for a better bargaining chip than 4 Uark prisoners. We could probably get a new Dart for that price!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 18, 2015, 05:38:54 pm »

Alright, I'm thinking of reviving this. I say "thinking" because if I do start again, I'd like to be pretty sure I can keep the game going this time. (At least for a reasonable time frame)
Assuming I do, most of the current systems would be changed to be more rule-based. The combat up to this point was basically me making up modifiers to dice rolls based on your equipment then deciding how that part of a battle goes. I don't want to do that again.
I aalso may just be restarting the game, but that's unlikely.

If I do decide to revive Galaxy Rise, are there any suggestions for changing how it works?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Rise
« Reply #379 on: April 18, 2015, 06:04:10 pm »

I have no suggestions but I'd like to see this game up again.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 18, 2015, 07:17:35 pm »

Same

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 18, 2015, 08:46:47 pm »

Same suggestion I always give. Wizards. Space wizards. Space runes. Space demons. all that shit.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 18, 2015, 09:02:23 pm »

Space milk. Space eggs. Space Christ. Space Australia. :P

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 18, 2015, 09:26:15 pm »

"Warning: Cryogenic systems disrupted. Thawing occupant"
As you slowly wake up, you hear a continuous hiss of air from your opening pod. Your eyes slowly open only to meet pitch black.  As your cognitive abilities return to you, you only begin to feel more confused. Where are you? What happened?
You would ponder this more, but your thoughts are interrupted by what appears to be intercoms.
"WARNING: Backup generator failure imminent. Generator core approaching critical. Shunting mechanism malfunction!"
Strange, yet this somehow gives you hope. You start to feel around, before your hand meets a chilled surface that could only belong to an active cryopod. Your hands scramble in the darkness for the control panel, then eventually the emergency release mechanism. After what felt like hours, you stumble upon it, and pull.
Soon, a familiar voice comes from inside.
"Captain? Is that you?
You see two more cryopods light up nearby, and you can faintly see a Tactical Officer uniform as well as an Intelligence Officer uniform in their dim glows. Soon after, a dim red light floods the room.
You look back at Donnely, who seems to be listening to a repeat of the alert that's been repeatedly blaring over the intercoms.
"I may have no idea where we are, but if that alert is true, then we'll probably die soon if it's not fixed." She worriedly states, looking at the intercoms.
You may want to do something to remedy that.

Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 18, 2015, 11:42:07 pm »

Ask for the status of the crew.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 19, 2015, 12:05:45 am »

When Hensen finishes walking over to you and Donnely, you inquire him as to the status of the crew.
"I honestly have no idea," he worriedly says. "It looks like we're the only ones in this room."
"Strange." states Donnely. "But I'd be willing to bet that whatever was managing the cryopods was damaged. Damaged control systems in cryopods can lead to temporary short term memory loss."
"Sir!" you hear Lip yell from where he got out of his pod. "You are aware this is the Telemachus, right?"
"How..?" quizzically states Hensen.
"Memory." he states as he gestures towards his head. "If this is the cryogenics room, we should be able to get to the bridge easily from here."
You are yet again amazed by Lip's abilities. He really is quite unique.
"Or engineering. If the reactor situation isn't under control soon, engineering, and possibly the whole ship, will probably no longer exist."
You consider your choices. You could probably go to any room on the ship from here. The bridge and engineering are both probably the most vital targets, however. Especially considering the near-critical backup generator.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 12:23:14 am by Chiefwaffles »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 19, 2015, 12:12:14 am »

Let's go to engineering. Gotta fix up the ship before it explodes and this is the only way to go about it.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 19, 2015, 04:36:50 pm »

You make your way with the rest of the officers through the hallways lit by the dim backup lights to Engineering.
You arrive at engineering within a minute, yet Lip has seemingly disappeared. Strange.

It's not exactly how you remember it. There appears to be a giant hole where the Primary Reactor Containment structure used to be.
Luckily, the consoles in engineering are the top power priority in all U.E.F. ships, so Donnely is able to easily perform a quick diagnostics check.
As she manipulates the consoles, she worriedly states "This is really bad. The coolant pump is extremely damaged, and the backup generator has just about reached the breaking point for heat. We probably have ten minutes, give or take two, before it goes critical."
"What's wrong with shunting it?" ponders a confused Hensen as he stares into the breach.
"Seems like it's obstructed by debris. Someone would have to enter the depressurized area and manually remove it." says Donnely.
The conversation is interrupted by Lip running down the corridor to the rest of the group. "Captain!" he yells, "There's a shuttle in the hangar. I'd suggest we all evacuate before the inevitable explosion."
"We could do that," Hensen interrupts. "But I think we can save the ship. If we were to find an EVA suit, someone could repair the shunting mechanism."

They all stare at you, awaiting your decision. Both options are viable, but you could always think of some other plan of action.

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Rise: A Damaged Telemachus
« Reply #388 on: April 19, 2015, 04:52:47 pm »

Check the armoury and the bridge for an EVA suit.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Rise: A Damaged Telemachus
« Reply #389 on: April 19, 2015, 05:06:35 pm »

Check the armoury and the bridge for an EVA suit.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28