Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28

Author Topic: Galaxy Rise: More like Galaxy Fall, AMIRITE?  (Read 31110 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Rise
« Reply #270 on: January 04, 2015, 05:40:29 pm »

Alien autopsy time.  :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 04, 2015, 05:40:35 pm »

I'd think if we leverage surprise well, we could take it.  There are twelve of us now, and the barracks was stated to have 10-20 troops.  Well, now there are 5-15 of them.

If we know of another patrol location and can hit it quickly, do it.  Otherwise, let's move in now.  We have the truck and can crash the gates with it; a decisive strike here should be our best bet.

How does the Uark armor compare to our combat suits?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 04, 2015, 05:52:12 pm »

I have another plan, possibly in addition to my other one. The Uarks will send a team out to find what happened to their patrol. They'll likely take larger numbers just to be sure and in order to cover more ground they'll take a truck. These trucks would be easy targets for our Darts and will likely blow up most of the remaining Uarks. While this is going on, our ground forces will storm the barracks - even if they didn't gas it first - and kill everyone inside. Even if they were to get a message out, we'd have the barracks and thus the AA. Any reinforcements could be easily shot down.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 04, 2015, 05:52:48 pm »

Sounds like a plan.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 04, 2015, 05:56:57 pm »

Alternatively, we could launch a small-scale attack on the barrack then retreat to draw them out. Once they're in the open, we blast them with the darts.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 04, 2015, 05:57:40 pm »

We should ask engineering about creating such a gas and possibly getting some blueprints on the barracks. We should also make sure that the Uark equipment can't be tracked.

Alternatively, we could launch a small-scale attack on the barrack then retreat to draw them out. Once they're in the open, we blast them with the darts.
-1. They'll likely wait for reinforcements before leaving.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 04, 2015, 06:00:19 pm »

We should ask engineering about creating such a gas and possibly getting some blueprints on the barracks. We should also make sure that the Uark equipment can't be tracked.

Probably should have thought of that. +1 to both of these.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 04, 2015, 06:01:15 pm »

Why? There ain't many of them. Furthermore, they're currently expecting resistance by the miners, not operations by trained military personnel with fighters.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 04, 2015, 06:10:44 pm »

Aren't many of them? We have 3 trained and equipped marines, 5 equipped recruits, and 1 poorly-equipped recruit for a maximum of 9 troops. Considering that most bases are unlikely to send half their forces on a mere patrol, it's likely that they had a full complement of 20 soldiers, or at least something close. We'd be sending 9 soldiers - more than half of which aren't proper soldiers - against about 15 trained and equipped soldiers who can call for reinforcements at any time and have a defensive advantage.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 04, 2015, 06:12:25 pm »

Yeah, hence the need to draw them out. Then BAM!, we hit them with two gunships.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 04, 2015, 06:21:25 pm »

Couldn't we shoot the building with the fighters enough to vent the atmosphere, then whilst they're scrambling for EVA suits we hit 'em with our already EVA'd troops?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 04, 2015, 06:36:29 pm »

I thought we were planetside? Doesn't it have its own atmosphere?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 04, 2015, 07:34:48 pm »

We should ask engineering about creating such a gas
"Not without a dedicated facility, sir."
...and possibly getting some blueprints on the barracks.
"Based on the observations of its outside, I'd say it's an U.E.F. Defense Grid control center with some extra Uark objects stuffed in. I can pull up the blueprints on the field. Want to know anything about the structure?"
We should also make sure that the Uark equipment can't be tracked.
"That's extremely unlikely - Uark soldiers definitely have transponders on them, but that's a pretty well-known fact and I had them all taken off before equipping their gear."
How does the Uark armor compare to our combat suits?
"In contrast to our different suits for different jobs, the Uark light EVA suit is more of a one-size-fits-all. So really it's got a bit more mobility and a bit less armor - definitely not useless, though."

You're on a moon.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 07:37:06 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 04, 2015, 07:42:24 pm »

"Based on the observations of its outside, I'd say it's an U.E.F. Defense Grid control center with some extra Uark objects stuffed in. I can pull up the blueprints on the field. Want to know anything about the structure?"
Locations of the sleeping quarters, the armoury, the rec room, life support, and the AA controls.

You're on a moon.
Orbiting a gas giant. I know. Can't exactly call it 'moonside', can I? But I remember that there was an undomed city of about 2 million people. If the moon doesn't have an atmosphere, I take it the city's buildings are sealed and connected to each other, then?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 04, 2015, 07:49:10 pm »

Locations of the sleeping quarters, the armoury, the rec room, life support, and the AA controls.
"The building is one floor - the entrance goes straight to the sleeping quarters and kitchen. In a door connected to the sleeping quarters, there's the rec room. Life support is located in the back, connected by a thin hallway and a series of vents. AA controls is in the center, with the rest of the defense grid controls. The armory is connected to the hall between the control center and the sleeping quarters. I may be able to give more specific information if you ask. Maybe."

Orbiting a gas giant. I know. Can't exactly call it 'moonside', can I? But I remember that there was an undomed city of about 2 million people. If the moon doesn't have an atmosphere, I take it the city's buildings are sealed and connected to each other, then?
The main dome city is a farming community of about 40,000 people. The main city is undomed and works like you said. The HMC, where you are, is mainly based around EVA suits, though the buildings are all pressurized.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28