Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28

Author Topic: Galaxy Rise: More like Galaxy Fall, AMIRITE?  (Read 31137 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Rise
« Reply #240 on: January 02, 2015, 08:02:19 pm »

We need to recruit more marines. We should send down an officer in one of the darts to gather up some volunteers. In the meantime, we should see about adding some extra armour on the Telemachus.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 02, 2015, 08:04:37 pm »

If you want to reach a distant system, is it more efficient to make a series of short hops between intervening systems, or one big one?

Anyway, if we want more resources and the potential to repair the ship, looks like HMC is the place to go. Or we could shoot that Uark corvelle in the face, but I don't know what we'd gain from that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 02, 2015, 08:31:20 pm »

A bit more security in orbital maneuvers, in exchange for every Uark facility being on high alert.  Let's avoid it for the time being.

Also, what's the crew capacity of the ship?  I can't imagine us being able to carry a whole battalion of marines.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 02, 2015, 08:34:29 pm »

The max is about 35 crewmembers. You can definitely fit more, but 35 is the designed-for amount in beds and whatnot.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #244 on: January 02, 2015, 08:37:00 pm »

I think we should get our marines on the ground and get them to Prime with the help of the miners, maybe they can find a way to sabotage the laser. Mining explosives and helpfully rebellious civilians could make that work!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 02, 2015, 08:42:51 pm »

Someone's been playing Red Faction Guerrilla lately.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #246 on: January 02, 2015, 10:35:15 pm »

Someone's been playing Red Faction Guerrilla lately.
Like years ago, was the last time I played it, but yeah I love that game. :D The original is great too.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 03, 2015, 12:50:57 am »

Mini update:
Oh I see. Are those mines big enough to land the ship in?
A surveillance run by a Dart reveals a seemingly perfect exhausted mine that's shaped in such a way that the Telemachus can land in it, while also being within a good walking distance of the HMC.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 03, 2015, 12:55:31 am »

Let's land. It'll be safer in orbit but at least we'll have less trouble with handling recruits.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #249 on: January 03, 2015, 01:09:10 am »

Let's land. It'll be safer in orbit but at least we'll have less trouble with handling recruits.
+1

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 03, 2015, 05:01:05 pm »

The Telemachus slowly makes its way to the ground below, and lands in a large mine.
Once landed, the officers and marines file out via jumping out the airlock and start their trek to the HMS residential area.

Upon arriving at the HMS Residential Area, they see the miners walking to and from their jobs, the occasional Uark patrol, and what appears to be a depot store. It's a shame they only accept physical currency, and all the crew's money was digital and therefore now useless. They can still look at the prices and talk to the owner, though.
The team gets to work on recruitment. They manage to convince six miners to join them. 6 Miners acquired
Suddenly, Hensen starts talking through his uplink: "Captain, I have an idea that could work - the local barracks houses about 10-20 Uark soldiers and their commander. Capturing it would allow us to take direct control of the local defense grid, including the new AA turrets. They likely would send reinforcements from Prime, and not bother with off-planet soldiers. Though while these marines are skilled and all, I doubt we could take on 20 men. If we find more support - manpower, equipment, or otherwise, we may just be able to take it."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #251 on: January 03, 2015, 06:00:18 pm »

Ask the miners about the kind of equipment they have access to, including vehicles, explosives, tools, etc.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 03, 2015, 06:09:10 pm »

Train all of the miners to be marines.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 03, 2015, 06:10:06 pm »

Are the patrols regular?  Is there any point to set an ambush?  What size are the patrols?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #254 on: January 03, 2015, 06:14:43 pm »

Are the patrols regular?  Is there any point to set an ambush?  What size are the patrols?
+1

Train all of the miners to be marines.
+1 to weapons training.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28