Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28

Author Topic: Galaxy Rise: More like Galaxy Fall, AMIRITE?  (Read 31166 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Rise
« Reply #210 on: January 02, 2015, 01:04:47 am »

They can't piggyback our FTL and follow us, can they..?
Even if they can, our shields would've recharged and we'd be ready for an attack.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 02, 2015, 01:56:59 am »

Well, yeah, we can still sustain two hits... Best course of actions is evasive maneuvers until we jump.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 02, 2015, 02:01:18 am »

Bridge Officer Lip
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 02, 2015, 02:13:12 am »

We'll just wait until the FTL's finished charging. They only managed to take away 30% shield and by the time it's finished we'll be down to 10% at worst. We should keep shields on max because the only reason we'll want to fire on them is to loot them which we can't do because we've already started charging the FTL. Besides, it's better if they think we can't use our weapons for some reason. It'll make us look like less of a threat.
Except if you know, both of them hit.

Yeah, let's replace the external hull plating in five minutes.
Dude. Engine room and reactor. I would think it very unlikely that these two things are OUTSIDE the ship.
We suffered a hull breach in the engine room, which depressurized it. So that one was outside.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #214 on: January 02, 2015, 02:15:38 am »

Hopefully following a jump is just not a thing they can do. Or maybe we get lucky and their CnC wouldn't want them to follow us in the first place.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 02, 2015, 02:32:34 am »

We'll just wait until the FTL's finished charging. They only managed to take away 30% shield and by the time it's finished we'll be down to 10% at worst. We should keep shields on max because the only reason we'll want to fire on them is to loot them which we can't do because we've already started charging the FTL. Besides, it's better if they think we can't use our weapons for some reason. It'll make us look like less of a threat.
Except if you know, both of them hit.
If they both hit they'll each hit for 30% damage. 70% - 30% - 30% = 10%. In the same time that they managed to take a shot at us our FTL went up to 60%. In the same time that it'll fill up to 100%, they'll only have enough time to do 60% shield damage at most.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 03:14:39 am by Andres »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 02, 2015, 03:07:45 am »

I can no longer into math apparently.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 02, 2015, 03:10:29 am »

Bridge Officer Lip

"Don't give me any of that lip, young man/woman!"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 02, 2015, 03:21:08 am »

So I was just looking at our status and the officers aren't mentioned anywhere. They're not still planetside, are they?

What happens if we FTL right into a planet?

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 02, 2015, 03:25:10 am »

What do you think?

I think we all suffocate. Unless somehow the core or whatever gets warped into the slipspace or whatever as a result of us FTL-ing there.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 02, 2015, 03:51:02 am »

So I was just looking at our status and the officers aren't mentioned anywhere. They're not still planetside, are they?
Security Officer Hensen
Engineering Officer Donnely
Bridge Officer ? ? ?
Probably not.

What happens if we FTL right into a planet?
Really, really bad things.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 02, 2015, 04:01:13 am »

Security Officer Hensen
Engineering Officer Donnely
Bridge Officer Lip
Probably not.
Ohhhhhh.

Really, really bad things.
So what's to stop us from getting another carrier, initiating its FTL sequence, getting out of the ship immediately, and then letting it go off to Exterminatus the Uark homeworld (besides distance)?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #222 on: January 02, 2015, 04:23:36 am »

So what's to stop us from getting another carrier, initiating its FTL sequence, getting out of the ship immediately, and then letting it go off to Exterminatus the Uark homeworld (besides distance)?
Because war is fine but genocide is bad.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 02, 2015, 04:50:40 am »

I guess he meant bad things for the ship.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 02, 2015, 04:51:08 am »

Yeah, probably that.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28