Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: Galaxy Rise: More like Galaxy Fall, AMIRITE?  (Read 31173 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Rise
« Reply #195 on: January 01, 2015, 05:10:23 pm »

The hyperspace drive does have a decent cooling down period. You could, but you'd have to wait in empty space for your hyperdrive to cool down.
Next update is coming later today if no one else posts. The action's going to be scrapping the Argos.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 01, 2015, 05:26:55 pm »

That'll be fun.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 01, 2015, 08:03:03 pm »

Just as the engineers finish loading up some of the raw materials pried off the Argos, (31u Reg. Alloy, 10u Adv. Alloy, 14u Crystal Wiring) a computerized voice starts to blare throughout the intercom.
ALERT - HOSTILE SENSOR CONTACT
"We've been spotted by a patrol, Captain!" yells Hensen from across the bridge. "We've got two Uark corvettes engaged with us!"
"Now may be a good time to start charging - Current ETA for a short-range destination charge is about five minutes. Give the order and I'll start the process!" says Donnely as she oversees the FTL drive monitor.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 01, 2015, 08:12:59 pm »

How dangerous are these 'corvettes'? Can we take a shot at them before we warp?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #199 on: January 01, 2015, 08:14:40 pm »

Hyperjump to Foxtrot-795. Let's nope out of here.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 01, 2015, 08:18:09 pm »

"Basically, the ships facing us are kind of like our class minus the hangar."

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 01, 2015, 08:19:17 pm »

In 5 minutes, that is. We are still going to be hanging around for a bit.

+1

"Basically, the ships facing us are kind of like our class minus the hangar."

So - let's get going!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 01, 2015, 08:33:07 pm »

+1

While we're waiting, let's have our engineers fix the engine room and the reactor containment. We might also be able to use the Argo to take some of the shots for us while we wait for our FTL to charge.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 01, 2015, 08:57:53 pm »

Yeah, let's replace the external hull plating in five minutes.

In space.

Possibly under fire.

While preparing to hyperjump.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 01, 2015, 09:06:32 pm »

I guess.  We've run out of luck here; we can always come back later.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 01, 2015, 09:09:48 pm »

FYI - Ships can charge their FTL drive and do just about anything at the same time. The only real restriction is that you have to have a destination in mind for the FTL drive once charged, you can't cancel charging, and after the charging period you will enter hyperspace.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 01, 2015, 09:11:26 pm »

Yeah, let's replace the external hull plating in five minutes.
Dude. Engine room and reactor. I would think it very unlikely that these two things are OUTSIDE the ship.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 02, 2015, 12:38:53 am »

You give the order to start the hyperjump process to Foxtrot-795 and divert power from weapons to shields for the time being. As the FTL drive slowly charges, the corvettes begin to engage.
Corvette #1 moves in to engage, but its Gatling gun starts off-target and misses the ship. The second corvette fires its weapon, which hits the shields.
"Shields down to 70%!" yells Donnely.

"Oh, ha!" is heard across the bridge again. "I forgot that these things are also more of a 'mass production' deal than us. I bet their armor is made out of plastic."
"That is showing a bit." states Donnely. "Captain," she says as she turns to you, "FTL at 60% and counting."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat Note (click to show/hide)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 02, 2015, 12:47:29 am »

We'll just wait until the FTL's finished charging. They only managed to take away 30% shield and by the time it's finished we'll be down to 10% at worst. We should keep shields on max because the only reason we'll want to fire on them is to loot them which we can't do because we've already started charging the FTL. Besides, it's better if they think we can't use our weapons for some reason. It'll make us look like less of a threat.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #209 on: January 02, 2015, 01:00:18 am »

We'll just wait until the FTL's finished charging. They only managed to take away 30% shield and by the time it's finished we'll be down to 10% at worst. We should keep shields on max because the only reason we'll want to fire on them is to loot them which we can't do because we've already started charging the FTL. Besides, it's better if they think we can't use our weapons for some reason. It'll make us look like less of a threat.
+1

They can't piggyback our FTL and follow us, can they..?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28