Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28

Author Topic: Galaxy Rise: More like Galaxy Fall, AMIRITE?  (Read 31036 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Rise
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2014, 08:24:15 am »

+1 to the +1.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2014, 09:21:10 am »

Also look for a tracker the second we knock him out

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2014, 07:52:23 pm »

After regrouping at the cave, the away team waits for night to fall. They then grab their weapons and stealthily attempt to sneak back into town without being noticed by the guards. Luckily, they are extremely successful in doing so. Hiding by the sides of what appears to be an office building, they attempt to ambush the guard, but he manages to escape their grabs, grabs his rifle, and attempts to shoot it wildly, obviously missing.

However, he did succeed in alerting a small patrol nearby. The team has about a minute before they're discovered. What should they do?

EDIT: You know, it feels like whenever I do a roll, it always ends up in 1's and 6's. I mean, really. The away party got a 1 on stealthily approaching, 1 on initiative, the guard got a 6 on grabbing his rifle, 1 on aiming, and 6 on alerting.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 08:00:42 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2014, 07:58:53 pm »

Withdraw into the night.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2014, 08:49:20 pm »

Yup. Either shoot the guard or knock him ou and bring him with us, then...

Withdraw into the night.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2014, 08:50:10 pm »

We have a patrol coming our way..i don't think our little boarding party has the firepower to deal with that.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2014, 09:06:14 pm »

There's not much chance we can do much for this planet. We don't have enough ships to take them on and we don't have enough weapons to arm any new recruits. We need to get materials to fix our ship and jump somewhere where we can prepare to take the planet proper. As such, getting the materials in the warehouse is a must.
A partial retreat is in order. Our guys just tried to grab the guard so he'll need to die unless they want to get shot in the back running away. They should then find a position to entrench themselves while our pilot goes around with his ship and provides some gunship-type fire support.
The ship will then harass the enemy somewhere else so they send troops there instead of to the warehouse. Our ground forces will load up the materials on whatever transports are nearby as well as the bodies of the soldiers they killed. Once they do that, the pilot can freely retreat and the ground troops can deliver the materials to us.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2014, 10:29:30 pm »

Just to clarify, Andres, you want the fighter to provide gunship style support to the away team, then harass enemy troops elsewhere to draw their attention?

And just as another tidbit of info, the closest transport is a Intra-atmospheric transport ship (uh, think a flying truck that can't really go that high up), on a landing pad the other side of the warehouse.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2014, 12:30:03 am »

Just to clarify, Andres, you want the fighter to provide gunship style support to the away team, then harass enemy troops elsewhere to draw their attention?

And just as another tidbit of info, the closest transport is a Intra-atmospheric transport ship (uh, think a flying truck that can't really go that high up), on a landing pad the other side of the warehouse.
Yup. That's the plan. Kill the guard, wait for air support, kill the enemy squad with air support to assist, then rob the warehouse while air support harasses enemy troops somewhere else.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2014, 04:18:34 am »

I sense our fighter getting shot if we rely that much on him. Just send him to strafe the spaceport and then disappear to make it seem like our attack was the diversion.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2014, 06:30:28 am »

I sense our fighter getting shot if we rely that much on him. Just send him to strafe the spaceport and then disappear to make it seem like our attack was the diversion.
Serial escalation: make both attacks seem like a diversion.They will get troops elsewhere, expecting the actual attack there.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2014, 06:41:43 am »

Serial escalation: make both attacks seem like a diversion.They will get troops elsewhere, expecting the actual attack there.
Except where would that 'elsewhere' be? Warehouses and space ports are pretty much the highest-priority targets you can get. They'll definitely expect attacks on these areas to be actual attacks rather than mere diversions.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2014, 08:26:33 am »

Except where would that 'elsewhere' be? Warehouses and space ports are pretty much the highest-priority targets you can get. They'll definitely expect attacks on these areas to be actual attacks rather than mere diversions.
Why do you give the GM ideas?!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2014, 09:35:29 pm »

Following the gunshot, a marine immediately snaps out his rifle and shoots the guard straight in the head, and they then flee away from the town, waiting for the pilot. Meanwhile, the pilot hops into his fighter, and zips straight towards the town. A couple minutes later, when the responding patrol discovered the corpse, explosions rock the spaceport, as a hangar collapses from laser fire.
Yells echo throughout the night as soldiers throughout the town flock to the spaceport, including the ones at the warehouse.

Seizing the opportunity, the away team uses the I.D. from the dead guardsman and start up the warehouse unloading sequence, which starts to load the nearby atmospheric transport vehicle with needed materials. At the same time, the AA installations at the spaceport flare to life, and a missile is fired straight at the fighter. The pilot tries to dodge it, but fails to do so and the missile clips the fighter, and radio contact with the fighter is lost.

The team, noticing it's time to leave, jump into the hover truck loaded with various goods and start heading towards the abandoned mine. They arrive at the site to see the pilot and fighter in one piece. Apparently the missile only knocked out nonessential systems, including communications. The truck's contents are counted, coming up to:

13 Advanced Alloy units
60 Regular Alloy units
8 Crystal Wiring units

It appears that against all odds, the looted warehouse was designated for ship repair materials. They still need a heat sink unit for the engine, though.
Furthermore, lights can be seen in the distance as what appears to be an Uark search party slowly approaches the cave.
Spoiler: Mission Status (click to show/hide)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2014, 09:46:01 pm »

Ask the pilot if there are any chances that other aircraft saw him go in here.

Prepare to hide everything in the cave including soldiers. Get ready for a possible firefight. Hopefully we can get these resources onto our ship soon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28